It is good or not?

lafountain

3 hours ago, catofadiferntskn said:

Rarely do I ever have to look at a Hawks jersey more than a second to tell if its fake. This one is/was difficult. I dont think Ive ever seen a fake jersey with chain stitching.  Might be something to keep an eye out for. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201812013608

I can't tell on my phone how real the stitching looks but the lack of info plus the smallish looking "A" would be red flags to me. Not to mention it would be a deal at twice the price even for a player no longer on the team. Does the neck "V" look slightly off too..?

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Kincaid521 said:

How's this one? Also, does the customization look off on the 3 to anyone else?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222401463070 it's legit 

10 minutes ago, Kincaid521 said:

How's this one? Also, does the customization look off on the 3 to anyone else?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222401463070

I'm just glad the "numbers sewn to the jersey ( not on name bar)". 

Looks fake to me.

8 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Interesting that he has a half dozen each Wild Wing and Storm jerseys.

1 minute ago, Kincaid521 said:

That's what sort of threw me off. At such a reasonable price too. Just not entirely sure who to get out of the three players he has available. 

He openly states it's a fake in the item description, that's why they are so reasonable. It's not a "replica", it's a "reproduction".

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He openly states it's a fake in the item description, that's why they are so reasonable. It's not a "replica", it's a "reproduction".

Ahh, guess I should've read that first. That being said, do you think it's worth it? I mean, given that the actual replicas are so expensive and so hard to find, this one at least looks the part, or am I being way too impulsive? This is why people aren't supposed to stay in on Friday nights.

You see them pop up on ebay all the time. They could be fakes as well but I thought those weren't super rare. 

7 hours ago, furiousd said:

I wouldn't do it. Save up if needed, reach out to other collectors, get on the hunt. You'll be happier in the long run if you get a legit jersey.

This. 

Just be patient and keep an eye out there. I just got one for $75 (with a pair of matching hockey socks too) this week, and last week I saw a Burger King jersey with a buy it now for $50, although I was too late on that one. Don't buy one of these fake jerseys.

What about these? Are they new to the vintage line? Not familiar with that line of jerseys at all. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112300737286 

Edited by flyhighguys94

1 minute ago, flyhighguys94 said:

What about these? Are they new to the vintage line? Not familiar with that line of jerseys at all. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112296257804 

I'm suspicious of that seller. He's always got a never ending supply of Team Canada replicas that simply aren't available anywhere else. Makes me wonder how that is the case. 

Not sure about the BK jersey you linked, but same logic would apply. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I'm suspicious of that seller. He's always got a never ending supply of Team Canada replicas that simply aren't available anywhere else. Makes me wonder how that is the case. 

Not sure about the BK jersey you linked, but same logic would apply. 

Did my link work? I'm on my phone and can't get anything to work right now. Here's a screen shot in case it doesn't work right 

32725931381_dd386bced1_b.jpg

So far I have only seen blanks at Staples Center, but yes, they are part of the Vintage Hockey replica line.  I had assumed that Staples special ordered them, and that they might be available there exclusively, but I'll change my opinion if I start seeing them everywhere!  I also added some comments about this listing in the thread about the seller in the General Hockey Discussion forum.

Your link doesn't work because it has that extra "_" after the item number.

Ya trying to navigate this all on my phone between the eBay app and here thru google is a mess haha. 

Do you have a link to your posts about that seller? I'd like to check them out because for the price they look pretty decent. I have been considering one. 

You might not want to after you read this!