It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, jsh139 said:

That's not a Hershey Bears jersey. I don't think you're allowed to buy it anyway ?

You're probably right, and after reading through that thread there is no chance I will buy it. Jeez that seller sounds terrible and they've gotten negative feedback for selling fake jerseys

This came a few weeks ago from Jersey Barron. It was not cheap but it's perfect and I love it!

80-img_7945_d3e303470cdaa6be374711c52895

80-img_6120_ff19581d025129d163f5268595ee

80-img_0789_dba8a5da18447c17ea036e02f54e

2 hours ago, e30cabrio said:

This came a few weeks ago from Jersey Barron. It was not cheap but it's perfect and I love it!

It's close, but the customization is a bit off. Here's a picture of a gamer I used to own.

20266734952_461f816dc4_o.jpg

22 minutes ago, e30cabrio said:

Are you talking about the color of the letters & numbers? 

I'm also talking about the fonts. Most noticeable when you look at the Q, S, and back 3, but there are discrepancies all around.

1 hour ago, CJ Matthews said:

I'm also talking about the fonts. Most noticeable when you look at the Q, S, and back 3, but there are discrepancies all around.

Spacing of the letters in the name seems too wide as well, no?

It's hard to find good pics but I think it changes over time and this is current. Here is a pic from 2/2/17. Regardless It rounds out my collection with an away and I am happy with it. And no, I was not asking for validity help although if people think J.B. is not properly modifying they should let them know.

80-screen_shot_2017_02_12_at_1_00_40_pm_

13 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

You guys are roasting this poor fellow. I think he meant to post this in the arrivals thread. I don't think he was asking about the accuracy ? 

Wouldn't be accurate if he posted it over there either!!

41 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

You guys are roasting this poor fellow. I think he meant to post this in the arrivals thread. I don't think he was asking about the accuracy ? 

I'm gonna step back instead of continuing then, though I probably could.

He's also not going to bother with sending a certain team's jerseys across the border to get them lettered at that team's official customizer.

Again not looking for an argument. They sell them as like real, it is close enough for me, sorry if it offends anyone.

17 minutes ago, e30cabrio said:

Again not looking for an argument. They sell them as like real, it is close enough for me, sorry if it offends anyone.

What matters is that you are happy with it.

People are going to comment on it to let you know that the custom job is off on it.  Nothing wrong with that.  If you don't care about it being off then so be it.

There has popped up another seller on eBay with a few teams in edge 2.0 and most are customized . I emailed and asked who did them he sends to a place in Vaughn Ontario it's a bit off on most so I would think it's the same place JB sends to . 

53 minutes ago, e30cabrio said:

1 hour ago, e30cabrio said:

I sent this link to Jersey Barron, maybe they will respond.

My comment was in no way intended to criticize the accuracy of your jersey.  I simply meant that informing JB by linking this thread would not likely have much effect, if any, on his customization procedures, as there are practical limitations as to what he can do.  I'm sure he chooses the companies he works with due to their proximity, and he almost certainly gets special rates for volume orders.  If he were to start sending Rangers jerseys to Arena Wear, or Kings jerseys to Bobcat in the name of increased accuracy, he would have to deal with a whole lot of other problems from international shipping/customs/taxes, possible huge delays in turnaround time, increased prices, etc., so that's just not likely to happen.  Most customers, except for the most exigent (read "insanely obsessed") are perfectly fine with the customization he offers, and I respect that you are perfectly happy with your jersey.

39 minutes ago, cowboys said:

There has popped up another seller on eBay with a few teams in edge 2.0 and most are customized . I emailed and asked who did them he sends to a place in Vaughn Ontario it's a bit off on most so I would think it's the same place JB sends to . 

Authenticsports19?

they do all their own work in house as stated in the auction descriptions.

2 hours ago, e30cabrio said:

As long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters.

BUT, when you post a picture on a forum that has discussion of jerseys as it's main purpose, you post it in the thread that specifically asks the question "is it good or not", AND you refer to it as being " perfect", it does kind of invite comments!!

I don't think what was said was necessarily "roasting", just a discussion on how it differs from an on-ice jersey.

Personally, I'd never use JB to customize a jersey, and as pointed out, he doesn't guarantee accuracy. If I am going to spend that much on a jersey, I'm going to get it done right even if it means extra shipping costs and a longer wait. 

I was just bustin your stones. I thought it was kinda comical. Guy posts a jersey and he's super excited. But the responses he gets are telling him whats wrong with it ?

17 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I was just bustin your stones. I thought it was kinda comical. Guy posts a jersey and he's super excited. But the responses he gets are telling him whats wrong with it ?

That's pretty much IJ forums in a nutshell, isn't it?

?

Edited by mfitz804