It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Bob69024 said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112333248707?_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm not very good with the older jerseys, from past posts on here it doesn't seem like many starter jerseys are faked? I pulled the trigger on this haven't paid, just want to make sure before I do. Thanks again guys!

You're good on that one. 

And not a bad deal either, if it's in as good a condition as it looks.

On 2017-03-13 at 7:12 PM, Bob69024 said:

Yeah it looks like it's in pretty decent shape can't wait to get it! Going to be a Jagr I'll post some pics when I get it in.

Good choice on Jagr - he is an absolute beast! But does not every Penguin fan still hate him? I get that impression from the booing and fan commenting on Jagr articles during his current Florida stint....I am just glad he plays for the Panthers after what beezer did do him and Lemieux in the 1995-1996 Conference finals :D Having Jagr in his prime must have been like christmas every game....

One more thing, how did you buy that jersey like within 5 minutes of it being listed? Do you get an instant message to your phone when a Penguins jersey is posted or what? LOL.

I was checking some Florida jerseys from the same seller that he listed, and then I saw the Penguins jersey listed, and then I saw it being sold almost instantly.

I had no interest the jersey you bought, but I am interested in what method you use to buy a jersey within 5 minutes of it being listed :-) 

I would like to use that metod in my hunt for old Panthers jerseys, haha. 

I had been lurking and reading these forums for a while and then I saw today you posted a link to that exact jersey I had witnessed, LOL. Figured it be worth to register to get to know your trick ;-)

Sorry if I went off topic here. Maybe I should have sent a PM to Bob69024 instead.

Edited by Lightbringer

45 minutes ago, Lightbringer said:

Good choice on Jagr - he is an absolute beast! But does not every Penguin fan still hate him? I get that impression from the booing and fan commenting on Jagr articles during his current Florida stint....I am just glad he plays for the Panthers after what beezer did do him and Lemieux in the 1995-1996 Conference finals :D Having Jagr in his prime must have been like christmas every game....

One more thing, how did you buy that jersey like within 5 minutes of it being listed? Do you get an instant message to your phone when a Penguins jersey is posted or what? LOL.

I was checking some Florida jerseys from the same seller that he listed, and then I saw the Penguins jersey listed, and then I saw it being sold almost instantly.

I had no interest the jersey you bought, but I am interested in what method you use to buy a jersey within 5 minutes of it being listed :-) 

I would like to use that metod in my hunt for old Panthers jerseys, haha. 

I had been lurking and reading these forums for a while and then I saw today you posted a link to that exact jersey I had witnessed, LOL. Figured it be worth to register to get to know your trick ;-)

Sorry if I went off topic here. Maybe I should have sent a PM to Bob69024 instead.

Pm sent...but I still love Jagr. I mean the dude has been a beast for how long now. Yeah the whole "dying alive" thing happened but Pittsburgh almost lost the Pens and were just selling all of our good players left and right. I still always wanted to see him back in the black and gold but that ship has sailed. Still follow him root for him as well. 

11 minutes ago, Blake Hemlow said:

New York Rangers Ryan McDonagh Jersey Legit Or Fake ? http://www.kijiji.ca/v-clothing-men/calgary/new-york-rangers-jersey-new/1247289720

Premier replica. Still a POS. 

POS = Piece of s*** (fill in the blanks with hit)

Most on the board do not collect replica - and the Reebok premier replicas are not very good quality compared to older replicas like CCM and Pro Player.  They really went cheap when they switched to the edge design.

However, collect what makes you happy and replicas are cheaper to get then authentics, so if you are cool with it, than no big deal. This is not a knockoff jersey.

Edited by spudrock512

Pictorial evidence shows they did wear those on that day, and the jersey does have the official customizer's tagging in it.  The seller is also being honest enough to mention that Malkin didn't actually wear it, and that the jersey is player-issued only.  I'd say it certainly looks legit.

Hey fellas. Any MLB jersey experts up in hurr? 

I bought my first MLB Blue Jays jersey but I have some concerns. 

These baseball jerseys are more complicated than hockey jerseys in my opinion...why can't they just stitch a fight strap to them and be done with it? 

Anyways, the seller rants and raves about not selling fakes. 

The jersey arrived today, very nice feel and quality. My only concern...the patches. I havnt seen a single photo anywhere of this jersey with those specific patches. 

Did I just make a huge mistake???

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/201846163347

The jersey itself is a legit Majestic double-knit. Those patches don't belong there though. That Canada flag patch is something you'd find on a Canada Day jersey and that other one I don't think has ever been on a Jays jersey. The flag should be replaced with this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-Toronto-Blue-Jays-Maple-Leaf-Sleeve-Patch-Jersey-Logo-Emblem-MLB-/390625060360?hash=item5af3116608:g:lngAAOSwWnFWCqn3

Will they come off? If so, you could probably swap everything out for accuracy. Double-knit jerseys were a lot easier to strip than the CoolBase crap.

20 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

The jersey itself is a legit Majestic double-knit. Those patches don't belong there though. That Canada flag patch is something you'd find on a Canada Day jersey and that other one I don't think has ever been on a Jays jersey. The flag should be replaced with this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-Toronto-Blue-Jays-Maple-Leaf-Sleeve-Patch-Jersey-Logo-Emblem-MLB-/390625060360?hash=item5af3116608:g:lngAAOSwWnFWCqn3

Will they come off? If so, you could probably swap everything out for accuracy. Double-knit jerseys were a lot easier to strip than the CoolBase crap.

Phew! Thanks Mike. The patches are stitched on non-zigzag but I'm not sure if they're glued. I'll have to double check. 

Actually, I'm wrong. The Jays used that style as an alternate during both the double-knit AND CoolBase era. Though, they only used the patched one with CoolBase. That one will have to be sans patches if you're señor stickler.

Señor stickler...on a steek. 

Yah I did see the black alternates with just the red maple leaf patch. That looks awesome...I'm going to have to find one of those and replace the flag patch. 

Hope they strip clean with no fuss. 

3 minutes ago, Lumpjaw said:

Seller is a member here.  I dunno about the patch by sight (I do know there are some examples on gamewornauctions),  but the position of those sleeve numbers looks strange. 

8 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Seller is a member here.  I dunno about the patch by sight (I do know there are some examples on gamewornauctions),  but the position of those sleeve numbers looks strange. 

It does look like the arm numbers are to wide apart. Also, I need a list of what member on here has what name om ebay, hah.

2 hours ago, furiousd said:

As fakes go, this one is something to behold. It has it all...

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/351934723370

Worse, it's being sold by someone who, looking at their other listings, should probably know better and ruins their own credibility as a seller, all for the sake of making $50...