It is good or not?

lafountain

Thanks LAK74!

Is the link and the shoulder patch placement something that would drive a person crazy? I know these things are getting hard to find in good shape.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't care too much about what other people thought.  What should matter most is whether it bothers you.

Thanks guys, I guess I meant to ask if it would be annoying having the shoulder patches so close to the collar wear wise?

Hi there,

I have a question about a replica starter jersey that i've bought recently and i'm wondering if somebody could tell me if it's a legit starter replica or not? If so, from which production years would approx. be ?

Ive never seen this type of neck tagging and the tail embroidery on the replica starter jerseys before that's why i'm curious about it, i've mostly seen sewn on neck tags inside the neck area of the jersey and the star logo along with the conference patch on the tail (or just the star logo) and rarely also starter sewn on tag on the tail, which i believe that would be one of the first starter replica jerseys?

But i've never seen this type of replica before.

Any ideas?

http://imgur.com/a/xH1J4

Edited by Grimey

There's no pictures or anything, but if it's a starter replica there's about a 100% chance it's real. Starters were rarely faked and there weren't really fake replicas back then.

9 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

https://www.amazon.com/Seabrook-Stadium

9 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

https://www.amazon.com/Seabrook-Stadium-Chicago-Blackhawks-Reebok/dp/B00QMMVKM2

Did authentics ever have the yellow collar treatment or is this BS?

-Chicago-Blackhawks-Reebok/dp/B00QMMVKM2

Did authentics ever have the yellow collar treatment or is this BS?

It's legit. All of the Stadium Series jerseys from that season had a lime green stripe sewn into the collar for yet another stupid inconsistent reason provided by Reebok.  

2 hours ago, Grimey said:

I linked the jersey picture it to imgur site, click on the http://imgur.com/a/xH1J4

Uh, yeah, link wasn't there before. I know how the internet works.

Point still stands. It's not fake, but I can't tell you anything past that. Maybe somebody else will have more info.

Yup.

Solid price.  If anyone is local the sportchek stores are blowing out last years home/road 2.0 jerseys for $75

Hey!  I'm new so hopefully this is the correct place for this.  Can anyone shed some light on this potential purchase?  Sorry for the bad pics....all I know otherwise is that it's a Maska.  Thx!

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1256572663

Edited by Easton1j
Pics

Unfortunately, the pictures are so dark and blurry that you really can't see many details at all.  I would guess that it's a CCM replica jersey from the 1980's, in which case it really wouldn't be worth all that much.  The letters and numbers look terrible and don't look like anything that Gretzky wore as an Oiler.  Even the autograph looks sketchy- I'm not saying it couldn't be real, but some of the details on it don't look like the examples that I've seen of his signature.  Also, is there no crest on the jersey?

Without better photos, I wouldn't risk $100 on it.

3 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Unfortunately, the pictures are so dark and blurry that you really can't see many details at all.  I would guess that it's a CCM replica jersey from the 1980's, in which case it really wouldn't be worth all that much.  The letters and numbers look terrible and don't look like anything that Gretzky wore as an Oiler.  Even the autograph looks sketchy- I'm not saying it couldn't be real, but some of the details on it don't look like the examples that I've seen of his signature.  Also, is there no crest on the jersey?

Without better photos, I wouldn't risk $100 on it.

No crest.  Im wondering if the "signature" is supposed to be the crest, ie - maybe a few of these were made...not really sure at this point if the signature is even hand written or sewn on, etc... Just wondering if anyone has seen anything similar? Thx again

22 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Yup.

On 18. 4. 2017 at 3:30 PM, JoeM7392 said:

There's no pictures or anything, but if it's a starter replica there's about a 100% chance it's real. Starters were rarely faked and there weren't really fake replicas back then.

23 hours ago, JoeM7392 said:

Uh, yeah, link wasn't there before. I know how the internet works.

Point still stands. It's not fake, but I can't tell you anything past that. Maybe somebody else will have more info.

Does anyone have more info. about this replica starter ?