the 96 had no nameplate the 97 year did not have name plates 1994 did 

Edited by cowboys

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, cowboys said:

the 96 had no nameplate the 97 year did not have name plates 1994 did 

Fair enough. Then just the sideways thing. 

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Boston-Bruins-Alternate-Third-Throwback-Hockey-Authentic-Starter-Jersey-54-R/232391991877?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

I'm hoping it's authentic but I think it's a fake based on the tags, any input would be great

What's also odd is only one eye on the logo is white, on the real one it has both eyes lit up

The true tell would be the starter white button fightstrap, but no photo provided

Edit: don't you go sniping this one on me if it is real :)

Edited by JJM4

1 hour ago, JJM4 said:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Boston-Bruins-Alternate-Third-Throwback-Hockey-Authentic-Starter-Jersey-54-R/232391991877?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

I'm hoping it's authentic but I think it's a fake based on the tags, any input would be great

What's also odd is only one eye on the logo is white, on the real one it has both eyes lit up

The true tell would be the starter white button fightstrap, but no photo provided

Edit: don't you go sniping this one on me if it is real :)

I am looking as well and have been in talks with the seller 

From the tags it looks like it might be one of those made in Haiti ones, in which case it wouldn't have double elbows, and probably won't even have a fight strap.

10 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

From the tags it looks like it might be one of those made in Haiti ones, in which case it wouldn't have double elbows, and probably won't even have a fight strap.

In the past I've had an 'Assembled in Haiti of US Components' Starter in the same Pooh Bear. And the good news for the lucky auction winner it had double elbows and the white button fight strap, I will get some pics up soon if my internet allows for it. 

1 hour ago, tbart said:

That jersey has been on Ebay for a while. I reached out to the seller months ago to see if had double elbows and it did not.

Yes it has been on for a long time and the price dropped a lot he wanted 200.00 when first listed 

Guy's got a lot of other fake jerseys for sale as well.  Avoid!

11 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

100% FAKE

10 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

What were your give away signs? 

The fight strap, for one.  It should be attached under a rectangular piece of twill and box sewn, like this:

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by jsh139

3 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Cheers, Edge jerseys I can spot a fake. CCM I'm not to sure about.

No problem.  I edited my post to show a pic of what I was talking about.

It's legit, and the fight strap is fine.  But as the seller says, it's not an original ultrafil jersey like the ones that were used in the 90's by the Nordiques.  It's an airknit remake made in the 2000's when the team had become the Avalanche.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MONTREAL-CANADIENS-Team-Logo-Licensed-Sew-On-Jersey-Patch-NHL-All-Star-Game-/322283341198?hash=item4b0995858e:g:jEwAAOSwENxXmB6Y

looking for 1998 Habs team patch for my all star jersey is this one good or a bad replica thanks 

Edited by cowboys