It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look like legit, official vintage replicas (pretty decent quality), but the customization is crap.

I'd say the letters are more off than the 7!

Got an odd one today. 

I will preface by saying I won't be able to post pics so I will do my best to describe. 

I picked up a 2013 White Caps Alt for a pretty good price. 

I matched it to my recent purchase Devils Alt from Meigray and everything is exactly the same even the tag hanging off the sleeve.
*EXCEPT* the strip in the collar that typically says Reebok is just red material 
It doesn't bother me but it looks different. 

Has anyone seen this or have an opinion if something is wonky with this one? 

Does the paper sleeve tag code say "M7287127TNHL," or something very close? If so, you should be fine.

Yup 
It says M7287127T1NHL (the 1 being the only difference) 
I've just never heard of one with a blank collar matching strip 

It must be super rare and worth millions!! 
:D

Thank you for the help 

Edited by Hockey Bob

I don't think counterfeiters would go to the trouble of duplicating each jersey model's exact code, so you're good.  If a team has more than 1 alternate jersey design within a time period, you may see T1 or T2, etc. in the code.

I think the plain red stripe is normal.  On the Caps' newer red alts the stripe is plain blue.

I bought this CCM Carolina jersey after only seeing a picture of the front. Wouldn't normally do that, but the price was cheap enough that I decided to take the chance rather than ask for more pictures (which was perhaps a stupid decision). It arrived today, and it seems off to me. I can't remember seeing the CCM logo on the back of the neck be this squeezed between the collar and the seam.

yMG2apx.jpg?1

Here's a picture of the neck tags.

6ikfH4g.jpg?1

I have one of these that I know is authentic, but EPS has it at the moment so I can't compare them other than through photos. Did I end up with a fake?

Offhand, it doesn't look fake, but there's definitely something wrong with the way it's constructed.  That seam line is WAY too high.  Even on a size 46, the seam line is much lower, and so there is plenty of space for the CCM logo to fit on the back between the collar and the seam.  On the inside of the jersey in the neck area, the manufacturer's label should also fit above the seam, but on your jersey the label straddles the seam.  

It seems to me that jersey should have been a factory reject, or perhaps someone may even have tried to alter it.  Whatever the case, it definitely looks wrong.

Edited by LAK74

I know the jersey is good, but how does the customization look on this jersey.  Not exactly the player I would have picked, but I have been looking for this style of jersey for awhile (even though i prefer the Red more).  Every time one is listed, I get sniped at the end, even though I am also trying to snipe.Their shot has just been higher than mine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Craig-Berube-Washington-Capitals-Vintage-CCM-NHL-Center-Ice-Authentic-Jersey-/222595347219?hash=item33d3b77313:g:lG4AAOSwKVJZenO-

On 7/26/2017 at 6:42 PM, Hockey Bob said:

Got an odd one today. 

I will preface by saying I won't be able to post pics so I will do my best to describe. 

I picked up a 2013 White Caps Alt for a pretty good price. 

I matched it to my recent purchase Devils Alt from Meigray and everything is exactly the same even the tag hanging off the sleeve.
*EXCEPT* the strip in the collar that typically says Reebok is just red material 
It doesn't bother me but it looks different. 

Has anyone seen this or have an opinion if something is wonky with this one? 

Your good on that one.  I have one from Meigray and the collar is all red as well!

IMG_7848_zpsnnfg0lig.jpg

Thanks Matt
I saw they put some up on the Meigray eBay list but didn't think to check their collars

They bumped their white ones down to $96!!

Thinking of getting another

I know the font is off, but how is the jersey itself?  I think I have read issues about finding good Starter Liberty Rangers jerseys in the past.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/new-york-rangers-jersey-size-54-fight-strap-Wayne-gretzky-center-ice-jersey-/202008066806?hash=item2f089e7af6:g:c3EAAOSwrhBZNOpY

As far as I know of, Starter liberty jerseys weren't faked. Just the blue home version with the fake set 2 tag. I

1 hour ago, OR68 said:

As far as I know of, Starter liberty jerseys weren't faked. Just the blue home version with the fake set 2 tag. I

Liberty jerseys have been faked for the past year or two.