It is good or not?

lafountain

On 8/14/2017 at 11:45 AM, SoNowWhat? said:

Apologies for quoting my own post but I have found this since it was posted.

Chris Creamer

While it doesn't answer my specific question, it does lend weight to the possibility that Buffalo crest fine details morph over time. I am still looking for something specifically with the crest as shown in eBay1 and eBay2 in a match image to verify it as authentic. 

Update - I found the "simplified" Buffalo crest in a pic on one of my hockey cards from '95. Took some digging to find. Scott Pearson Upper Deck #135 (not my pic but this is the card).

Just in case anyone was having trouble sleeping because of this...rest easy.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, evil lespy said:

i haven't been able to find this jersey anywhere it says it's legit? but i can't find a single copy of it. please let me know what you think 

http://offerup.co/lLdq/TIvAVhUpGF

It's a fake.

17 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

It's a fake.

What he said. 

54 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Is it you?

No its your mom. :D

EDIT: sorry, should have translated that for you.

No it's your mum.

Edited by mfitz804

45 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Rapier like wit..

I was gonna throw a "governor" at the end also, but I suspected that might be overkill. 

23 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I was gonna throw a "governor" at the end also, but I suspected that might be overkill. 

I'm from the wrong end of the country for guv'nor. We're not all cockneys and know the queen, you know.

7 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

I'm from the wrong end of the country for guv'nor. We're not all cockneys and know the queen, you know.

I know. Half of you are cockneys and know the queen, the other half of you are wearing top hats and a monocle and saying "Cheerio". And you still know the queen. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I know. Half of you are cockneys and know the queen, the other half of you are wearing top hats and a monocle and saying "Cheerio". And you still know the queen. 

Hahaha you wazzock

1 hour ago, DJ Rhea said:

I laughed my arse off at that. ?

What English accent is that? East Midlands? Essex? Sounds like Jason Statham in Snatch, Lock Stock, etc. 

7 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

Whereabouts @DJ Rhea?

Oop North? Wondering if we could chat football nonsense as well as hockey nonsense.

12 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I think the picture of the seller tells you everything you need to know. 

obviously not a smoke free household. lulz.

16 hours ago, evil lespy said:

i haven't been able to find this jersey anywhere it says it's legit? but i can't find a single copy of it. please let me know what you think 

http://offerup.co/lLdq/TIvAVhUpGF

Should we point out why it's a fake? I'll post the things that raise flags for me, feel free to join in. Apologies in advance if this is some sort of foul and mods should please delete this post if I've committed a faux pas.  Thought this might be helpful to people looking to learn more. Also please correct me if I've posted anything incorrect here. 

-First give away is that the NHL shield is covered by the laces. That's enough to rule it out right there.

-The word mark on the back is wrong. Apart from the font looking way off, it appears to be embroidered directly into the jersey. It should be embroidered onto a separate fabric plate/patch which is then stitched/ironed onto the jersey. Beware of examples where they use a whole embroidered panel to look like a plate/patch but the whole thing is just embroidered into the jersey back.

-It is much more common for a jersey with the Rbk vector logo on the inside tag, and collar piping to have the vector logo on the back. There are occasional exceptions to this around the time the vector swapped to word mark but it should be a red flag and an excuse to ask the question somewhere like this.

-The attachment of the "fight strap" (should these be more correctly called tie downs? and don't get me started on the term "fighting strap") is laughably poor. Look for some examples of authentics online. The strap should be sandwiched between a rectangular piece of twill and the jersey. Both strap and twill should be stitched through to the jersey. Anything with a single square "X" stitched attachment should always ring alarm bells.

-Stripes across the shoulder yoke look extremely wrong. Too wide for the red and white. I might be wrong but not seen an example like this. If there should be a word mark I believe it should be on a blue backing plate.

-The appearance of the print Rbk on the collar piping also looks wrong to me. I could be mistaken and this is a relatively minor thing as there are loads of other errors that identify this example as a fake.

-The size tag embroidery looks wrong to me when compared to authentic. The flag looks off, and I think the CCM is too.

Not exactly a cheap price on this example either. Wonder if the owner is aware or ignorant that what they are selling is clearly a fake.

Edited by SoNowWhat?

9 hours ago, SoNowWhat? said:

Whereabouts @DJ Rhea?

Oop North? Wondering if we could chat football nonsense as well as hockey nonsense.

I'm in Chester, tbh I don't really follow the sport any more. It's the players diving I hate. It's also being slowly Americanised.

6 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

I'm in Chester, tbh I don't really follow the sport any more. It's the players diving I hate. It's also being slowly Americanised.

Just like we did to your Colonies. Can't you guys hang onto anything? 

11 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

Well, not following football in Chester is quite understandable. Not much to cheer about there.