It is good or not?

lafountain

Ok I'll chime in.

the jersey has the big block ccm and shield which would make it either a 90-91 or 91-92.  Since there is no 75th patch and the assistant captains A that would mean it's a 90-91 as Clark became captain starting in 91-92.

the customization is good except for the 7's.

price wise, it's high, but finding this era jersey in brand new condition with the tags is next to impossible so there is a premium that can be asked.  If I was selling I would ask $400 cdn.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Cheers for the info guys!! It has been up on ebay for a while, the thing is I'd buy it, but I'd still rather have the white version.

It's one of the nicest shades of blue I've ever seen on any jersey in any sport. I've collected a few whites lately so colours are catching my eye more. 

What are people's thoughts on this btw? I think letters should be spaced a bit wider and the "S" looks a bit off but otherwise appears ok to me. I'm not confident with tagging around this era, is it ok?

Lidstrom

The tagging on the Lidstrom is completely correct for the 1999-2000 season, including the NHL shield, which was silver for that season only, when combined with the CCM logo on the hem. 

The S seems OK to me.  Around then it was common for the letters to be stitched closely together, but on this example they do seem closer than usual.

One thing I will say, that seller (who, BTW is a member on here) predominantly buys and resells quality, accurately-lettered jerseys.  So, if he says it is lettered properly, chances are it is.

7 hours ago, LAK74 said:

The tagging on the Lidstrom is completely correct for the 1999-2000 season, including the NHL shield, which was silver for that season only, when combined with the CCM logo on the hem. 

The S seems OK to me.  Around then it was common for the letters to be stitched closely together, but on this example they do seem closer than usual.

6 hours ago, jsh139 said:

One thing I will say, that seller (who, BTW is a member on here) predominantly buys and resells quality, accurately-lettered jerseys.  So, if he says it is lettered properly, chances are it is.

Thank you both. Hope I didn't cause any offence to another IJ member. Not my intention at all. I'm seriously considering it but wanted to check with other more experienced eyes before I jump. 

1 hour ago, SoNowWhat? said:

Thank you both. Hope I didn't cause any offence to another IJ member. Not my intention at all. I'm seriously considering it but wanted to check with other more experienced eyes before I jump. 

I don't think you offended anybody. This is the place to ask questions like that. 

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

5 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I don't think you offended anybody. This is the place to ask questions like that. 

3 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

Concretecharlie on here if anybody is interested.

9cb168d2a6f118a435404c44d6c36ff9.gif

I think you're good to go on the Richie.  The orange border around the letters might be a touch thin, or the letters a little big, but I think it's acceptable.  It's the pre-lockout font, which you would think would be incorrect for a 6100.  But, luckily, due to the inconsistency of Ruberti's, he wore both fonts in 2005-06 and 2006-07.  He even had two jerseys in the same set with different fonts in 2005!

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/mike-richards-of-the-philadelphia-flyers-plays-the-puck-news-photo/73645772#mike-richards-of-the-philadelphia-flyers-plays-the-puck-against-of-picture-id73645772

Edited by jsh139

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

I think you're good to go on the Richie.  The orange border around the letters might be a touch thin, or the letters a little big, but I think it's acceptable.  It's the pre-lockout font, which you would think would be incorrect for a 6100.  But, luckily, due to the inconsistency of Ruberti's, he wore both fonts in 2005-06 and 2006-07.  He even had two jerseys in the same set with different fonts in 2005!

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/mike-richards-of-the-philadelphia-flyers-plays-the-puck-news-photo/73645772#mike-richards-of-the-philadelphia-flyers-plays-the-puck-against-of-picture-id73645772

Thanks sir I will watch till the end and bid 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-1990s-Nike-Center-Ice-Anaheim-Mighty-Ducks-Wild-Wing-Jersey-Size-52-NHL-/292252604318?hash=item440b9cd79e:g:SDQAAOSwgjFZuV38

Is this a real thing?  Was this really an idea for a Ducks alternate jersey?  Or, was this just a customized fan jersey that thought that front logo would be cool?

Can't say I have ever heard about them considering this.  Usually I hear about concept jersey that failed like the Blue trumpet jersey, or the redesign of the Nordiques that never happened - things like that, but this I have never seen.

48 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-1990s-Nike-Center-Ice-Anaheim-Mighty-Ducks-Wild-Wing-Jersey-Size-52-NHL-/292252604318?hash=item440b9cd79e:g:SDQAAOSwgjFZuV38

Is this a real thing?  Was this really an idea for a Ducks alternate jersey?  Or, was this just a customized fan jersey that thought that front logo would be cool?

Can't say I have ever heard about them considering this.  Usually I hear about concept jersey that failed like the Blue trumpet jersey, or the redesign of the Nordiques that never happened - things like that, but this I have never seen.

I've never seen that one either. Its cooler than the other Wild Wing that we usually see, in my opinion. 

It was a prototype that never got approved. That style actually turned into their future 3rd/4th jerseys starting in 1998-99, only with the standard crest.

There are a lot of old Nike prototype jerseys floating around out there somewhere. Rangers, Lightning, Penguins, etc. They made great stuff back then.

On 9/4/2017 at 8:12 AM, jsh139 said:

Ruberti's inconsistent? Noooooooo

Not sure if it belongs here or not but, here goes.

Came across a hockey card where the left photo clearly shows Kovalev with a C. It has to be from a preseason game but, I can't tell if the jersey is CCM or a Starter. My guess is that it is from '96 preseason jersey but, was hoping someone might be able to confirm.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1996-97-SP-Holoview-Collection-HC7-Alex-Kovalev-New-York-Rangers-Hockey-Card-/232464169989?var=&hash=item361ff1bc05:m:m5N2MCO3_UgiPFf1k396RZg

The 96/97 Starter blue Rangers jersey had a front collar which seemed to be more pointed than the previous CCM models.  The picture of the captain's jersey isn't clear at all, but the collar looks rounded enough for me to guess that it might be a CCM.

I think he's asking about the picture on the left.  Right?  ;)

I'm new to the forum, so it's likely that this one has already come up.  I'm interested in this jersey and would like to replace the All-star game patch for a 1994 finals patch.

Please let me know if this jersey looks legit for a 1994 Rangers home. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-YORK-RANGERS-PRO-JERSEY-NHL-MESSIER-/253120678932?hash=item3aef2b0c14:g:dnwAAOSw~OdVc0~U

24 minutes ago, Evil Pirate Zamboni said:

I'm new to the forum, so it's likely that this one has already come up.  I'm interested in this jersey and would like to replace the All-star game patch for a 1994 finals patch.

Please let me know if this jersey looks legit for a 1994 Rangers home. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-YORK-RANGERS-PRO-JERSEY-NHL-MESSIER-/253120678932?hash=item3aef2b0c14:g:dnwAAOSw~OdVc0~U

Jersey is legit, but the patch is a repro, the customization is not great, and he's had that thing for sale at the same ridiculous price for years. I would avoid.