It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the Rangers even used the ASG patch on the home jerseys.  Jersey is legit though.  I agree with biggoalie, that jersey is way overpriced.

Just now, LAK74 said:

I don't think the Rangers even used the ASG patch on the home jerseys.  Jersey is legit though.  I agree with biggoalie, that jersey is way overpriced.

Come to think of it, I think you're correct about the white not even sporting that patch as well. 

Thanks,  Yeah, I couldn't find any pictures of the Rangers wearing the All-Star game patch on the white jersey while doing some quick research on the eBay jersey. 

10 hours ago, Hawks2797 said:

Anyone have any idea about what a brand new Nordiques Ultrafil would be worth? Or should maybe say a fair price to ask for one? How rare are they these days?

Blue or White and its size will both play factors on its market value. 

For example, a blue 52 will fetch more than a white 44, on average. Unless of course you find that one collector who's been searching for one particular combo forever ;) 

21 hours ago, Hawks2797 said:

Anyone have any idea about what a brand new Nordiques Ultrafil would be worth? Or should maybe say a fair price to ask for one? How rare are they these days?

In a more sought after size 48-56 they go for for anywhere from 300-400 new.  A size 48 white brand new went for 440 CAD last week, so around 350 USD. I could see a new size 52 fetching 400 USD to the right buyer. But there has been a fair amount of Nords jerseys coming up lately, if you don't get the price you want others will come up. 

Edited by JJM4

Are these Minnesota Wild jerseys real or fake?

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockeyjerseys/comments/73ql8g/minnesota_wild_jerseys_fake_or_real/

No one will answer on Reddit and this site won't let me upload any pictures due to sizing. Pictures of all 4 are in that link. Please help me someone.

Also, I have questions on NFL, NBA, and MLB jerseys as well. If anyone here wants to take a gander or can point me in the right direction that would be great!

Looks like all those are legit replicas........

You're good to go on all of them.

The white CCM is legit and is period-accurate for a replica.

The red CCM is legit, though inaccurate. During the two years before the Edge switch, all of the replica jerseys, regardless of color, were made with CCM branding instead of the proper Reebok branding. That red jersey was never worn on ice with CCM branding. It was only worn with Koho branding for the 2003-04 season and Reebok branding from 2005 through 2007.

The green CCM is legit, though inaccurate as well for the same reason. That was one that was probably produced between when Minnesota was announced as entering the league and when the league-wide switch to CCM/Koho happened, since Minnesota only ever wore jerseys with manufacturer branding on the yoke, not the hem. Also, the green was never a CCM jersey. It was Koho from 2000 through 2004 and Reebok from 2005 through 2007.

The Reebok white is legit as well.

2 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

You're good to go on all of them.

The white CCM is legit and is period-accurate for a replica.

The red CCM is legit, though inaccurate. During the two years before the Edge switch, all of the replica jerseys, regardless of color, were made with CCM branding instead of the proper Reebok branding. That red jersey was never worn on ice with CCM branding. It was only worn with Koho branding for the 2003-04 season and Reebok branding from 2005 through 2007.

The green CCM is legit, though inaccurate as well for the same reason. That was one that was probably produced between when Minnesota was announced as entering the league and when the league-wide switch to CCM/Koho happened, since Minnesota only ever wore jerseys with manufacturer branding on the yoke, not the hem. Also, the green was never a CCM jersey. It was Koho from 2000 through 2004 and Reebok from 2005 through 2007.

The Reebok white is legit as well.

Can you explain to me why the red and green are inaccurate yet legit? I'm thrilled they are legit but curious as to how these got produced? Also why does the green jersey have the logo on the hem? Any specific reason? The shoulder patches on white and green are slightly different. One has a layer of green before meeting the jersey while the other goes from gold to jersey.

I had these as a child but I'm an adult now and obviously outgrew so went to eBay a few years back now.

Reebok didn't brand their 2005-07 replicas properly. Instead of having the Reebok vector on them like they should have, they just put the CCM logo on every one of them.

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

Reebok didn't brand their 2005-07 replicas properly. Instead of having the Reebok vector on them like they should have, they just put the CCM logo on every one of them.

But why does the green have CCM on the hemline and no inside tag like the other two?

During the 1990's CCM replicas had their logo on the back hem, just like on your green jersey.  But they didn't feature the NHL puck logo until the very end of the century, so yours must be one of the very first Wild replicas ever made.  After 2000, the brand logo moved to the back under the collar.  The 1999/2000 jerseys should still have a neck label, but perhaps it was removed.

9 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

During the 1990's CCM replicas had their logo on the back hem, just like on your green jersey.  But they didn't feature the NHL puck logo until the very end of the century, so yours must be one of the very first Wild replicas ever made.  After 2000, the brand logo moved to the back under the collar.  The 1999/2000 jerseys should still have a neck label, but perhaps it was removed.

It looks like the tag was there at one point. Thank you so much for clearing that up. I am extremely happy that these are not knockoffs! Very helpful responses.

1 hour ago, aajpity said:

The shoulder patches on white and green are slightly different. One has a layer of green before meeting the jersey while the other goes from gold to jersey.

The green jersey is a "550" model replica, and the patches are embroidered fabric. The white jersey is made by Reebok and is called a "Premier."  The Premiers started being made in 2007, at the same time the authentic Reebok "Edge" model debuted.  The patches on the Premiers have a cheap look to them because the design is printed on a smooth plastic-like material, i.e., not embroidered.  Most of us here feel the Premiers are of significantly worse quality than the 550's, and the lame printed patches are just one reason why.

16 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

The green jersey is a "550" model replica, and the patches are embroidered fabric. The white jersey is made by Reebok and is called a "Premier."  The Premiers started being made in 2007, at the same time the authentic Reebok "Edge" model debuted.  The patches on the Premiers have a cheap look to them because the design is printed on a smooth plastic-like material, i.e., not embroidered.  Most of us here feel the Premiers are of significantly worse quality than the 550's, and the lame printed patches are just one reason why.

Yeah the Reebok one made me worried because of the patch. It looks like garbage. Original were much better.

The white CCM patch has gold then green before it goes to jersey. The green CCM has the gold outside layer then jersey. It skips the extra green fabric bordering it. Do you know why? When CCM switched logo outside of hem, were the shoulder patches perhaps altered?

As far as I know, the patches are all supposed to have the green border.  Officially, there were no 1999-2000 Wild jerseys since the team obviously didn't enter the league until 2000-01.  I would guess that your jersey is a prototype, made before the official 2000-01 season jerseys.  Prototypes often have features that are different from the normal jerseys, like different logos, neck tags, collar designs, etc.  Just my guess.

17 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

As far as I know, the patches are all supposed to have the green border.  Officially, there were no 1999-2000 Wild jerseys since the team obviously didn't enter the league until 2000-01.  I would guess that your jersey is a prototype, made before the official 2000-01 season jerseys.  Prototypes often have features that are different from the normal jerseys, like different logos, neck tags, collar designs, etc.  Just my guess.

That's interesting. I just want to have an authentic jersey of every Wild jersey worn by the team. By authentic I mean stitched premier. Well with Adidas I guess it'll be "authentic."

10 minutes ago, aajpity said:

I just want to have an authentic jersey of every Wild jersey worn by the team. By authentic I mean stitched premier.

If you don't mind spending a bit more, treat yourself to an authentic 6100 series (CCM/Koho/Reebok) Wild jersey, or a Reebok Edge 2.0.  So much nicer than any Premier.  Although you'll probably get spoiled by the quality and blow all your money on authentics from now on.  :D

12 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

The Premiers are almost as far from an authentic as you can get.

Chinese knockoffs, screen print... Lol premier's are the next best thing. Authentic was a poor choice of words, officially licensed is better.

5 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

If you don't mind spending a bit more, treat yourself to an authentic 6100 series (CCM/Koho/Reebok) Wild jersey, or a Reebok Edge 2.0.  So much nicer than any Premier.  Although you'll probably get spoiled by the quality and blow all your money on authentics from now on.  :D

I love the quality jerseys I have tbh. I collect all 4 major sports though so getting used to anything more than premier would be a costly mistake lol. Speaking of I posted my questions for the other 3 sports in the section for any talk if either of you are knowledgeable past hockey jerseys.