It is good or not?

lafountain

10 hours ago, LAK74 said:

If you don't mind spending a bit more, treat yourself to an authentic 6100 series (CCM/Koho/Reebok) Wild jersey, or a Reebok Edge 2.0.  So much nicer than any Premier.  Although you'll probably get spoiled by the quality and blow all your money on authentics from now on.  :D

i know that's what I do. 

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those jerseys were never produced. That is a knockoff based on the pictures that are floating around of what the jersey was to look like. The number font is from the Burger King jerseys.

Edited by TheKevinShow

Plus, it says right in the description that it's a custom jersey (i.e., a non-licensed fake).

As an aside, I've never been to the St. Louis arena before.  I wonder if there are people walking around there in these.

The back numbers and letters look pretty good to me, but I don't think they ever used that font on the sleeve numbers.  I'm not 100% positive though, because they used at least 2 different number fonts on that style jersey, and who knows if they may have mixed different font styles on different players' jerseys.  There was a thread about this here a little while back, for what it's worth:

what's going on here then? Is that front crest correct? Looks ironed on/screened? Also small block? Was that the case in 91-93? Otherwise the jersey looks legit to me but thought it would be interesting to hear from some of our resident Devils (and probably @LAK74 who seems to be across most things).

Devils 91-93?

Edited by SoNowWhat?

There are quite a few references to these 91-93 preseason jerseys on the webs.  Here is one which is identical in every way (screened crest/numbers, CCM logo, Custom Crafted logo, etc.) to the one you posted (scroll down to the Hankinson jersey):

http://www.dropthepucks.com/sotg/Newjersey.htm

I would guess these were manufactured around the mid-80's but not used until later.

Edited by LAK74

25 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

There are quite a few references to these 91-93 preseason jerseys on the webs.  Here is one which is identical in every way (screened crest/numbers, CCM logo, Custom Crafted logo, etc.) to the one you posted (scroll down to the Hankinson jersey):

http://www.dropthepucks.com/sotg/Newjersey.htm

I would guess these were manufactured around the mid-80's but not used until later.

Thank you. I knew you'd be on it. 

On 10/23/2017 at 7:37 AM, Hockey Bob said:

Did anyone here buy this? Cut out fight strap and iffy, but probably rectifiable customisation was a deterrent.

I have a question and I don't want to start a new thread. Hope someone can help and apologies in advance for my ignorance.

I've seen a Reebok jersey tagged with 7187 model no. which makes me think its an Edge 1.0 but it has the Wordmark not Vector, I thought all 1.0s were vector marked? It is from 13-14 AHL season. Any help or advice appreciated. 

If it's from 2013/14, it's not likely to be a 1.0.  Both 1.0's and 2.0's have the "7187" designation on the size tag in the collar, so that alone does not indicate which model it is.  If the jersey is airknit and not bubble mesh/x-trafil, then it's a 2.0.

Just as a side note, for the NHL, the only 1.0's you will generally see with wordmark logos (2011/12 season and later) would be for the 2011/12 Edmonton Oilers- the whole team wore them.  And for other teams, there were a few "oddball" players who still preferred the 1.0's, and continued to use them after 2011, like Mike Green of the Capitals and Martin Erat of the Predators.

6 hours ago, LAK74 said:

If it's from 2013/14, it's not likely to be a 1.0.  Both 1.0's and 2.0's have the "7187" designation on the size tag in the collar, so that alone does not indicate which model it is.  If the jersey is airknit and not bubble mesh/x-trafil, then it's a 2.0.

Excellent! I thought all 2.0s had "7287". Good to know. I did know about material but not always clear in images.

I feel I am somehow in your debt. If we should ever be in the same location, you must let me buy you a drink. Whatever your poison. 

Thanks, man.  2.0's have 7287 on the paper sleeve tag, but if there is a designation on the size tag in the collar, it's 7187, regardless of the jersey being 1.0 or 2.0.  For some reason they never changed that on the collar tag.

It never fails, As soon as I buy one - another pops up.
I was tempted on this but the fight strap looked off to me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-1995-Pavel-Bure-Vancouver-Canucks-CCM-Alternate-3-rd-Jersey-SZ-56-/222707928369?hash=item33da6d4d31%3Ag%3A27MAAOSwSQFZ~5pE&nma=true&si=mDAr3bb1Vme7EPTOSwAzxiX8OgI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I guess it doesn't matter as it sold but does this look off to anyone else?
Kinda like one of those 550's that someone added a NHL shield and double elbowsto make it look like a legit authentic.

That Canucks jersey is definitely a replica that had embroidery added to it. If you look at the shots of the tail logos, you can actually see where the old pressed on CCM patch was removed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ORIGINAL-AUTHENTIC-ANAHEIM-MIGHTY-DUCKS-EARLY-90S-CCM-HOCKEY-JERSEY-52/162740764561?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

How about this one?  The fight strap looks too high on this one to me, and the stitching linking the CCM on the hem line is not correct either, right?

Also, is the puffiness on the crest normal for these old Mighty Ducks jerseys.

Thanks for the help.

You're good. I've got both an ultrafil authentic and a gamer. The fight strap is correct and the crest is supposed to be puffy. The mask had a 3D effect, both on the primary logo and the shoulder patch on later iterations of the jersey.