It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For CCM replicas, a team logo appeared on the hem next to the CCM logo, but this was only from around the mid-to-late 1990’s.  There were no NHL hem logos on CCM replicas until approximately 2000-06, when a black/orange NHL puck logo was used.

Here is a pic of a gamer that has a copyright symbol on the jersey: http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1996_97_Mikael_Shtalenkov_Mighty_Ducks_Game_Worn_Jersey_Team_Letter-989-35.html

I also have a Kayria jersey that has it too.  However, with the Grimson, but the numbers are way off, and the name is also on the twill nameplate which is not correct either.

Ok, thanks for the quick help spudrock512.  I did notice that the stitching goes through the fight strap.  That's a good indication that the customization if off, right?  I'll pass on it as I am really looking for an earlier version of the ducks jersey anyway.  Happy holidays!

The ® symbol appeared on many Nike jerseys (both retail and gameworn), primarily from the 1996/97 season.  They pretty much disappeared from the Nike jerseys after that year, although you may see an occasional 1997/98 with it.

The stitching going through the fight strap has nothing to do with the customization being off, but rather that part of the back number happened to pass over the fight strap area when it was applied to the jersey.  Sometimes that happens.

8 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Sweet! A framed $30.00 knockoff jersey that has been signed.  I guess Kane's signature is worth over $900.00 now. (I guess I forgot to include the cost of the frame.

18 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Sweet! A framed $30.00 knockoff jersey that has been signed.  I guess Kane's signature is worth over $900.00 now. (I guess I forgot to include the cost of the frame.

Right? Plus the signature looks great close up. Love those ridges in the numbers.

22 minutes ago, Mcmanus said:

who doesn't want an Oilers jersey with polka dots!

51 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

who doesn't want an Oilers jersey with polka dots!

The collar is something Don Cherry would be proud of... I can't find the link anymore but there was an impressive one on our local buy/sell forum. It was pretty close visually, except it was using last years orange and blue. 

Guest Dr_Puck

Oh I am normally so terrible at this. However, I'll take a stab at it. I'll expect Brilliant or LAK74 to make me feel dumb but here goes:

• Bubbly crest
  • The font in the nameplate isn't close to their normal style
  • The Canadian flag in the tag looks distorted

Also, would Pitt even have worn a vector jersey in that year's Winter Classic?

Edited by Dr_Puck

37 minutes ago, silkeystev said:

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/47054582

This is fake, I assume. Could someone point out some of the things wrong with it? I'm trying to practice identifying all the things that could be wrong in fakes.

Knockoff from 10 miles away. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

Oh I am normally so terrible at this. Also, would Pitt even have worn a vector jersey in that year's Winter Classic?

They still had vector logos for that season. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

Also, would Pitt even have worn a vector jersey in that year's Winter Classic?

They would have, as it was the 2011 Winter Classic and the wordmark was adopted for the 2011-12 season. Their later uses of the Winter Classic jersey as a permanent third starting with the 11-12 season had the wordmark as a result.

19 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Yeah but I get points for finding the obvious errors in that jersey. 

Let's hope you're not in any kind of business to diagnose a problem...Doctor. 

^^ :D:D

For the OP, that necktag with the “Rbk” on it usually appeared on early retail Edges from 2007-08.  After that, you would usually see a similar necktag with the full wordmark “Reebok” on it.  There are a few exceptions however, but on a retail WC as late as that year (2011), you’re not gonna see the Rbk tag on a legit Edge.