It is good or not?

lafountain

Well, I guess that explains it.  Thanks!

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, lapp3r30 said:

What do we got here?  Best picks I got. 

Assuming it's the one on eBay, the seller is showing pics of Byron's and J&J Distributing LOAs.  Those are legit companies, but I'd still be careful as that's a lot of money!

5 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Assuming it's the one on eBay, the seller is showing pics of Byron's and J&J Distributing LOAs.  Those are legit companies, but I'd still be careful as that's a lot of money!

Theyre selling in my city. And the Yzerman and Lemieux are $150 cdn. Going to pick up right away. : )

15 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Sorry can't delete this bar... This just an authentic?  Any idea on going price?

8 minutes ago, redwingsdownunder said:

Smart move, nice jerseys.

Especially if the Lemieux is a game issue. Probably sell the Steve Y. 

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Nike-Latvia-National-Team-Jersey-Hockey-Vintage-Olympic-Mens-RARE/122902302343?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908131621%26meid%3D1cbfadb23df44ef79cf595e723e272a3%26pid%3D100678%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D122902302343&_trksid=p2481888.c100678.m3607&_trkparms=pageci%3A3150a563-f7fb-11e7-9d4b-74dbd180e981%7Cparentrq%3Aecfb70001600a86676be680cffdcab37%7Ciid%3A1

I can tell the jersey isn't fake, but wtf is with the buckle instead of the fight strap? The seller hasn't answered my question. Is this something the Latvian team did on their own or is this something completely f***ed up and the seller is trying to get a sale by saying the jersey was "made for game usage"?

Edited by Van67

It's good. That's a first generation Swift jersey. They had those goofy buckles in lieu of the fight strap.

There are two downsides to this one though. First, it's a size 56...which in Swift is like a 44. Second, you will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER find the correct plate material to match that. Unless you can find another pro jersey and cut it up for material.

Not sure if I'm even considering a purchase.. not sure if the seller ships to Canada as it is (info says he does, description says no international) and as mentioned, no answer to messages. 

I do have a Denmark 56 from the same era (with a normal fight strap) and I'm shocked but I can pull it off lol

I cheated with some pizza tonight. Hardest habit to break when trying to get back into shape is food lol

Turns out buddy with the Latvia jersey won't ship to Canada anyway... even though his item is listed with international shipping prices. Can't fix stupid.

19 minutes ago, silkeystev said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F302601194587

Legit 1.0? 

I find it strange that it's customized with a player who had 1 GP for them, the year AFTER the Atlanta all star game

If that's the case about the player, it appears to be a team-issued jersey with either the player customized or the All Star patch incorrectly applied by the owner.

It’s not likely someone would customize the jersey with a player who only played one game in the NHL, and that doesn’t appear to be the number he used anyway in 2008/09.  More likely it’s a game-issued jersey for the 2007/08 preseason or even the regular 07/08 season, and it just never got used.  The player was drafted by Atlanta back in 2004, so he was in the Atlanta organization in 2007/08.

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

It’s not likely someone would customize the jersey with a player who only played one game in the NHL, and that doesn’t appear to be the number he used anyway in 2008/09.  More likely it’s a game-issued jersey for the 2007/08 preseason or even the regular 07/08 season, and it just never got used.  The player was drafted by Atlanta back in 2004, so he was in the Atlanta organization in 2007/08.

Hmm, I got conflicting info on his number.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/ATL/2009.html

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0017902009.html

But i hadnt considered that he could've played in the preseason, that would make sense though.

Looks like he wore #52 in the 2008/09 preseason:

https://www.gettyimages.com/license/82868274

And #38 in his only NHL game in 2009:

https://www.gettyimages.com/license/85827084

I would still think he wore #52 as a prospect sometime during the 2007/08 season, and that’s where the jersey came from.

On 12/01/2018 at 4:57 PM, Brilliant! said:

It's good. That's a first generation Swift jersey. They had those goofy buckles in lieu of the fight strap.

There are two downsides to this one though. First, it's a size 56...which in Swift is like a 44. Second, you will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER find the correct plate material to match that. Unless you can find another pro jersey and cut it up for material.

Well I got the seller to ship to me in Canada after some haggling... Two points that may be better suited for another thread...

1. Duly noted on the nameplate. I'll ask the usual places, but I could settle for the more recent Swift material if there is just no other option in the end.

2. Looking at photos of Latvia's 2006 Olympics, their names and numbers were clearly screened/heat pressed on and not sewn twill. Any idea how long this lasted and if anyone can customize this way?

Edited by Van67

The USA and Russia jerseys were the same way. In fact, everyone but Sweden and Canada may have been heat-pressed. I've never really figured out why that was. I'd put money on the fact that Nike thought it would be 'lighter' that way. Turds.

I guarantee you the lighter material was the main reason for it. Probably cheaper too, but I'm not aware of how it works with teams and paying for uniforms at that level.

That stuff works for soccer jerseys, of which I have many, but hockey jerseys not so much. Would still be something unique in the collection.

Edited by Van67

Red Wings

I'm super new to this and was wondering as to whether or not this seemed legit. After a fair amount of research I bought an old Pro Player replica I was going to customize in a similar fashion(1997). It arrived but it fit way bigger then the old Starter I have from when I was a kid. Now I'm not sure I want to go to the trouble of doing my own customization. I like the old boxy fit of the 90's sweaters.

I also wanted to get a 2014 Winter Classic jersey but the Authentics are very expensive. If the WC replicas feel like the Reebok Premier replicas I don't want anything to do with them. Can anyone speak to the quality? I was shocked when I looked at a Premier in person for myself, it felt terrible!

Great forum here! I hope to at some point contribute rather than just ask questions. 

Very good question that I don't know the answer to, but someone here should. 

I had a 2012 WC replica (Flyers), and it was made of much better quality airknit material rather than Premier material and it had more of a boxier cut than the Premier (straight bottom hem, etc). I am not sure if they carried that forward to the 2014's. 

Looking at the pictures, to me it looks like its the same as my Flyers. Someone seen one in person that can answer?

It’s legit.  It’s a 1998/99 Nike model, made the year after the 97/98 season for which the jersey is lettered, but it’s identical to the 97/98 in every way except for the Center Ice tag in the neck area.  Most people don’t care much about that sort of thing.

7 minutes ago, redwingsdownunder said:

I would assume the replica WC jerseys are basically a premier. 

That assumption would have been wrong in 2012.