It is good or not?

lafountain

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That assumption would have been wrong in 2012. 

Agreed. I had the Rangers 2012 jersey replica jersey. Nothing at all like the premier and though I'm not 100% on the terminology, it fit much more like a CCM 550 (and may have even been tagged as a 550?). Made in Canada too.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/17/2018 at 0:44 PM, Dasbeardo said:

Red Wings

I also wanted to get a 2014 Winter Classic jersey but the Authentics are very expensive. If the WC replicas feel like the Reebok Premier replicas I don't want anything to do with them. Can anyone speak to the quality? I was shocked when I looked at a Premier in person for myself, it felt terrible!

On 1/17/2018 at 0:58 PM, mfitz804 said:

I had a 2012 WC replica (Flyers), and it was made of much better quality airknit material rather than Premier material and it had more of a boxier cut than the Premier (straight bottom hem, etc). I am not sure if they carried that forward to the 2014's. 

On 1/17/2018 at 5:10 PM, jroam82 said:

Agreed. I had the Rangers 2012 jersey replica jersey. Nothing at all like the premier and though I'm not 100% on the terminology, it fit much more like a CCM 550 (and may have even been tagged as a 550?). Made in Canada too.

Late to the party here, but the 2014 WC replicas were made of the Maska-type airknit used in previous WC replicas, which is better than the crappy material Reebok usually used in the Premiers.  Reebok continued to use the airknit material in the WC replicas up to and including the 2015 game, but starting with the 2016 game they reverted to the crappy Premier material and cut.  2012 seems to be the last year the Reebok WC replicas were made in Canada.  Since 2014 they have been made in Indonesia.  (This pertains to the adult-sized replicas, not the youth ones.)

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Late to the party here, but the 2014 WC replicas were made of the Maska-type airknit used in previous WC replicas, which is better than the crappy material Reebok usually used in the Premiers.  Reebok continued to use the airknit material in the WC replicas up to and including the 2015 game, but starting with the 2016 game they reverted to the crappy Premier material and cut.  2012 seems to be the last year the Reebok WC replicas were made in Canada.  Since 2014 they have been made in Indonesia.  (This pertains to the adult-sized replicas, not the youth ones.)

So the material will be decent (like the CCM 550 vintage?) but made in Indonesia. I think this is something I can live with considering the price difference. I'd love to have some authentics but convincing the wife to let me spend money on yet another interest has been difficult enough.

Thanks so much for all the input.

It should be similar to the CCM 550’s.  Not as nice as the authentics though.  If you ever do decide to get an authentic, be aware that there are 2 different versions, one made in Indonesia and the other in Canada- the latter is the true on-ice one and is of better quality.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/132475523376?ul_noapp=true

I know it's been discussed before but I don't recall where. If I can get this for cheap, knowing that it's going to require some stripping to get the tagging meant to make it look like a gamer off, is it worthwhile? I don't have a Starter authentic in my collection. How does the customization look? If it's no good, then if I win it I'd probably strip it and have it re-done properly as Gretzky.

Edited by TheKevinShow

19 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/132475523376?ul_noapp=true

I know it's been discussed before but I don't recall where. If I can get this for cheap, knowing that it's going to require some stripping to get the tagging meant to make it look like a gamer off, is it worthwhile? I don't have a Starter authentic in my collection. How does the customization look? If it's no good, then if I win it I'd probably strip it and have it re-done properly as Gretzky.

Looks fake to me. Isn’t that one of the most faked jerseys out there? Even has fake set tagging. 

3 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Looks fake to me. Isn’t that one of the most faked jerseys out there? Even has fake set tagging. 

Yup. 

It's fake. I bought one years ago off ebay for roller hockey or rink use for $19.99 figuring it had to be and it'd be no big loss if it got scuffed up. They first showed up on there for $49.99. Not the worst fake for the money spent.

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

That's a shame. I doubt I'd get it since there are others bidding on it but it would be nice to pick something like that up for so cheap.

You get what you pay for, just remember that. 

27 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

See that? This guy gets it. I've said it for over ten years now: If it's too good to be true, it usually is.

Some do some don’t 

How’s this one look to you guys. The same seller has another listed as a size 48 but also uses the same pictures. 48 is a dead giveaway it’s fake maybe it’s a typo.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F202188687081

1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

See that? This guy gets it. I've said it for over ten years now: If it's too good to be true, it usually is.

But an authentic going for really cheap isn't impossible by any means.

I've dealt with him a little and I think in general he's legit.  I would ask for more photos.  If it's legit it looks more like a 2.0 to me than a 1.0.  I think Kevin may be right....it could be a legit 2.0 for a good price for a team without much demand........and who would have faked these jerseys?

SUPER RARE!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-AUTHENTIC-THEOREN-FLEURY-CHICAGO-BLACKHAWKS-HOCKEY-JERSEY-SZ-52/323030640858?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

How often do you see a jersey with cigarette holes for the low low price of $250!!!!?

Somebody needs to jump all over this! (with metal cleats)

27 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

SUPER RARE!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-AUTHENTIC-THEOREN-FLEURY-CHICAGO-BLACKHAWKS-HOCKEY-JERSEY-SZ-52/323030640858?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

How often do you see a jersey with cigarette holes for the low low price of $250!!!!?

Looks like someone already did!

Not buying it, but the cleats part. 

53 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

SUPER RARE!!

"Vintage Adidas from the 90's"

I've been looking for an Edge 2.0 Sharks jersey (teal) for what feels like forever, however I've only encountered the Made in Canada's from JerseyBraon who isn't willing to budge on pricing..  I'm definitely not about to drop $360 CAD on some blank jersey. Which leaves me with only two other options... IndoEdge, or IndoZero.. 

I've never owned an Indoanything and was wondering what your truthful opinions on either were.. Are the IndoEdge jerseys anymore superior to the new Adidas jerseys? 

Do you all have a preference (IndoEdge vs IndoZero), or should I just bend over and take it from the JerseyBaron?

Get the Made in Canada version...so much better quality.  The Indo's are just junk.

Have you tried contacting Jersey Baron off of eBay?  They usually reduce the price by the amount of saving they get from eBay fees, at least they have for me in the past.  Their direct email is sales@jerseybaron.com

18 minutes ago, cheddarberg said:

Do you all have a preference (IndoEdge vs IndoZero), or should I just bend over and take it from the JerseyBaron?

You should bend over and take it. If you elect not to, in my opinion, the IndoEdge are made of better quality material than the IndoZero, but the IndoEdge has the Edge 1.0 cut that everyone hates.