It is good or not?

lafountain

Anyone got an opinion on this? Fight strap looks legit, as do elbows. Deep creases to the material / numbers make me a little suspicious, hem tags even more so, and those patches look like very poor repros...

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Ash

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know about the patches or customization, but the tail tags are consistent with the Vintage Series authentic that came out a number of years ago. But it looks too roughly done. Its definitely not original vintage, possible fake. 

Fake.  Fight strap is not correct, texture of jersey materials is wrong.

Edited by LAK74

2 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Fake.  Fight strap is not correct, texture of material is wrong.

Out of interest, what's wrong with the fight strap? It looks like it's got a twill patch, not cloth - the usual giveaway (in fact, it was the fight strap that was pretty much the only thing that led me to believe it might not be a fake).

Texture of the strap fabric is totally wrong, and the snaps don’t have dimples on them; they should be flat.  Just look at a real CCM one to compare.

10 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

You should bend over and take it. If you elect not to, in my opinion, the IndoEdge are made of better quality material than the IndoZero, but the IndoEdge has the Edge 1.0 cut that everyone hates. 

I shall grab the vaseline, and contact the Baron..

I shouldn't tell you this as I have a offer in on this jersey, but yes, everything is legit on this jersey.  It's a really good price for an UltraFil Hawks jersey, I'm just hoping they accept my offer before you buy it, haha.

1 minute ago, spudrock512 said:

I shouldn't tell you this as I have a offer in on this jersey, but yes, everything is legit on this jersey.  It's a really good price for an UltraFil Hawks jersey, I'm just hoping they accept my offer before you buy it, haha.

I have a offer in as well may just buy it know

The snap buttons are most likely metal, not plastic, but up to 1991 they have a rounded surface (not flat like the 91/92 and later ones), and in pics sometimes reflect light in a way that makes them look like they are painted white.

On 2/10/2018 at 10:18 PM, Hockey Bob said:

I have a few ultrafil jerseys from the early 90's and they have white rounded metal buttons. 

Really??? Wow you learn something new every day.  This is the first I have seen of this.  Reminds me of the Starter style fight strap.

Though maybe someone replaced the fight strap with one that belonged to a Starter jersey.

Looks authentic to me

I haven't looked in on the thread for a while so apologies if this has already been discussed (I checked back through the last six odd pages and didn't see it). I'll just leave it here for discussion. Do moths eat ultrafil? FWIW, it looks good to me.

Modano (?TI)

Edited by SoNowWhat?

18 minutes ago, SoNowWhat? said:

I haven't looked in on the thread for a while so apologies if this has already been discussed (I checked back through the last six odd pages and didn't see it). I'll just leave it here for discussion. Do moths eat ultrafil? FWIW, it looks good to me.

Modano (?TI)

The patches on it look repro to me from a distance, although the seller doesn't have close ups of them so I could be wrong. Also that fancy letter font was only used in the preseason of 91-92 while the 25th anniversary patch was only worn in the 1992 calendar year so both would not have been worn together AFAIK.

There's other small inconsistencies between it and the other 91-92 Stars jerseys I've seen and own mainly with the logo and arm stripes. But inconsistencies could be the norm with the 91-92 Stars jerseys since it was the first year to transition to the new logo and color scheme.

18 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

The patches on it look repro to me from a distance, although the seller doesn't have close ups of them so I could be wrong. Also that fancy letter font was only used in the preseason of 91-92 while the 25th anniversary patch was only worn in the 1992 calendar year so both would not have been worn together AFAIK.

There's other small inconsistencies between it and the other 91-92 Stars jerseys I've seen and own mainly with the logo and arm stripes. But inconsistencies could be the norm with the 91-92 Stars jerseys since it was the first year to transition to the new logo and color scheme.

Cheers. I was just about to edit my post re the font on nameplate and raise it as a query but you beat me to it. Wonder if this was a preseason issued jersey that's had the other patches added.

This card, would indicate that the font isn't correct for regular season.

Edited by SoNowWhat?