It is good or not?

lafountain

Any thoughts on this one? I put in a bid early, but hopefully this one doesn't get too out of control...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=350301539040

I have that in my watch list because I'm curious to see how high it goes. I hate to be the one to tell you but it's gonna go for big $$$$$$, watch how high it shoots up in the last 5 seconds as everybodies snipes go in.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have that in my watch list because I'm curious to see how high it goes. I hate to be the one to tell you but it's gonna go for big $$$$$$, watch how high it shoots up in the last 5 seconds as everybodies snipes go in.

The last time I put something in here was that Ridley with the narrow lettering...went for 535...the last time I put something in here that was more similar to this listing, someone said it was gonna go high and it went for 285...this one's now at 131- given all the damage to it, I'd imagine this ought to be a fair bit cheaper than that, but its starting to make me a little nervous especially since I'm not entirely sure it will fit...

The last time I put something in here was that Ridley with the narrow lettering...went for 535...the last time I put something in here that was more similar to this listing, someone said it was gonna go high and it went for 285...this one's now at 131- given all the damage to it, I'd imagine this ought to be a fair bit cheaper than that, but its starting to make me a little nervous especially since I'm not entirely sure it will fit...

Well did you win it?

Well did you win it?

Nope unfortunately not...actually gave up when the bid made that big jump to $188.88 from $141.50. Interestingly, if the person who won did use a snipe, people would have had about 40 sec to respond given that their bid was at 17:01:12 PST and the auction ended at 17:01:50 PST- it went up to $202.49.

I gave it some thought at that point - if a jersey has damage that's been repaired and had some marks like this one does, for that price I should just start thinking of getting a game-worn once it starts getting near $200 since every one of them has its own compelling and unique story that even a CCM authentic sweater from back then or an EDGE from today can't match.

For those who are interested- evaluate these other two:

1) there's a red allegedly "1993-94" Dave Poulin size 54 gamer currently up at $286 for bidding - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=140373471542 from someone named ozzypie - but there doesn't seem to be any mention of a Meigray (or something comparable)- I'd ask for one, but I have under a 50 rating so I "can't" bid without asking permission- that "prohibition" is in the item description at the bottom- since I'd need a size 52 in CCM if I wanted to wear it, I'm not going to ask [come to think of it, I've never actually seen a gamer of anyone in size 52, but I guess it's theoretically possible for one to exist for someone out there]; and

2) a white John Druce "Is Loose!" authentic non-gamer for $350 Buy It Now in size 52- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=220538626478 from dent_the_twine- he refers back to the Ridley for $535 in justifying the price. From what people have said, dent_the_twine is a good seller, but I've never heard of ozzypie.

Given that this one from today also looks to have had some sweat/salt/a little rusting in the fight strap, while it may have possibly been worn in a game, it wasn't in an NHL game since it's blank (and since supposedly Ultrafil is hard to strip -- I wouldn't know for sure since I've never actually tried -- it would have most likely left some marks somewhere on the back, and one would think that if someone had a gamer, they wouldn't even think of stripping the name and number no matter who the player was. At least in my book, that would be a huge no-no. BUT: as we all know from countless listings, people do some REALLY strange things with jerseys like "customize" them using marker/tape, etc., so anything is possible).

So, from this one, I guess there's about $85 difference for a "clean" jersey from back then (based either from the one I lost at the last second in early November for $285, or for something like the Poulin - even though it's repaired game-worn airknit from "1993-94" rather than older Ultrafil like this one) vs. this one with the obviously repaired non-gamer damage. At least the seller disclosed the damage, and didn't say it was "minor pulls and wear", as I'm sure some less than entirely honest sellers would try to get away with saying.

The Poulin, if it is legit, would have been from the 95 lockout season, and it's already at $286 with 4 days left. There will be a lot more than just a $85 difference when that auction is over. :lol:

The lettering on the Druce jersey is off.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

this looks legit to me, anyone see any problems with lettering or anything like that? I have some cash coming in from helping a friend sell some stuff on ebay so I think I might splurge a little.

Dent_The_Twine has some really rare jerseys and his prices are not that bad..i have only bought two jerseys from him so far he is quick to ship and the jerseys are flawless

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

this looks legit to me, anyone see any problems with lettering or anything like that? I have some cash coming in from helping a friend sell some stuff on ebay so I think I might splurge a little.

Looks perfect to me. Maybe just make sure the nameplate is air-knit and your good to go.

*edit*

I just had a look at the bottom of the auction page and somebody ask about the nameplate already. The nameplate is air-knit so absolutely nothing wrong on that jersey.

hey guys, just won this today for a whopping 10 dollars. Obviously the customization job is horrible and will be stripped, and I don't really care about the autograph, but do you guys think the ccm replica is legit? The only thing that looked a little off to me is the ccm and lightning logo seem a little far in the middle on the back. Anyway just looking for some input.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I would say that a jersey with that much dye-sublimation is safe to be legit. In addition the horrid customization pretty much guarantees it's good, because the fake customizers would at least take a stab at something nicer than that. "It's so bad, it has to be real." :D

I'm not very familiar with the Nike Swift jerseys from 2006 and was a little unsure about this one. One thing I am used to is the "XL" on the earlier Nike jerseys being much, much bolder. This one also feels very light, especially the blue mesh inserts.

No customizing speaks to it being legit and the IIHF patch seems like it's good, but I thought I would post it here and see if anyone has a better handle on the first generation of Nike Swifts.

Jersey.jpg

Tag.jpg

IIHF.jpg

Looks perfect to me. Maybe just make sure the nameplate is air-knit and your good to go.

*edit*

I just had a look at the bottom of the auction page and somebody ask about the nameplate already. The nameplate is air-knit so absolutely nothing wrong on that jersey.

yeah that was me, that was the only thing I could see potentially being wrong with it. thanks for the input, hopefully I'll snag it

How do these look?

http://shop.ebay.com/dlemerson/m.html?_nkw...p;_trksid=p4340

I am interested in the Modano and the Messier

Boy, that Messier jersey is weird. It's got all the appropriate signs in the tagging, hemline and fight strap BUT he goes out of his way to state that it's an air-knit jersey. The Canucks wore ultrafil that year and every year since 1982-83 until 2005. Ask him if it really is air-knit or if it's ultrafil. The Modano one does look good though.

Boy, that Messier jersey is weird. It's got all the appropriate signs in the tagging, hemline and fight strap BUT he goes out of his way to state that it's an air-knit jersey. The Canucks wore ultrafil that year and every year since 1982-83 until 2005. Ask him if it really is air-knit or if it's ultrafil. The Modano one does look good though.

Wow thanks i didn't even notice that..good eye

I am interested in this

Howe M&N Jersey

Just wanted some feedback to know if this is legit or not

thanks in advance

It looks legit to me. "Gordie Howe" and a date should be sewn into the inside of the bottom back hem - you could ask if he will send a pic of that.

So, any thoughts on my Nike Swift Russia one way or the other?

So, any thoughts on my Nike Swift Russia one way or the other?

I had for a while a XXL Germany Swift from that era, but for the life of me I can't find any pictures of it anymore.

I'll do some more digging when I get home to see if the neck tagging looks similar to yours. I agree the size doesn't look as "bold" as what I'm used to seeing on Nike jerseys.

How does this jersey look?Is the customization 100% correct?It looks good to me..i just want to make sure

http://cgi.ebay.com/JASON-ARNOTT-New-Jerse...=item3efbfaa996

How does this jersey look?Is the customization 100% correct?It looks good to me..i just want to make sure

http://cgi.ebay.com/JASON-ARNOTT-New-Jerse...=item3efbfaa996

Looks good to me

The numbers look weird to me. Almost like they're too narrow. The Devils wear WIIIIIIDE numbers. Also, I think the black layer is too thin in relation. I really would like to know though...why the crap the guy put the Cup patch ABOVE the NHL 2000 patch. NO NO NO!! NHL 2000 then Cup patch. The only team that did that was Toronto.

The numbers look weird to me. Almost like they're too narrow. The Devils wear WIIIIIIDE numbers. Also, I think the black layer is too thin in relation. I really would like to know though...why the crap the guy put the Cup patch ABOVE the NHL 2000 patch. NO NO NO!! NHL 2000 then Cup patch. The only team that did that was Toronto.

disregard what I said above. The numbers are definently too narrow and the patch placement is wrong.

Jeff,

Here's a pic of the Germany I had and then resold. I got it new from USCHO.com when they first came out. Looks like your Russia is good.

swift_germany_tag.jpg

Jeff,

Here's a pic of the Germany I had and then resold. I got it new from USCHO.com when they first came out. Looks like your Russia is good.

swift_germany_tag.jpg

Cool. Thanks for the help. I own a Swift or two, but they are out for customizing and I had nothing to compare it to. The previous generation of Nike jerseys had a different tag and this one looks odd when you are used to the old one.