It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally am not picky about what brand of jersey has a particular player on it, as long as it's sewn professionally and it looks good. I'm just going to wear them to games, most people at a hockey game won't stop to look at the tag on my jersey and say "that's wrong". These particular jerseys won't fit me, but if they go for the right price I could probably just resell them locally or on eBay for a profit since they are authentic after all.

All legit. 1996-97 Gretzky, 1997-98 Gretzky and a Pro Player jersey that shouldn't have Gretzky on it but is still good.

Posting that you don't care about anachronisms and are just trying to turn a profit on ebay stuff isn't the best way to get people on here to try to help you out buddy. Brilliant wouldn't have mentioned that aspect if it wasn't somewhat important to people that collect sweaters. Not trying to be an A**hole here, but I mean come on.

Hey man, all I'm saying is I'm not the kind of person who's picky and won't wear a player's jersey just because he never wore that particular label of jersey on the ice. The only thing I'm picky about is the customization - If it's right, it's fine with me. If it's wrong, obviously I'm not going to buy it. As far as "trying to turn a profit on eBay", I've never sold anything on eBay, and I most likely won't even bid on any of the jerseys. But if they go cheap enough, I'd have to consider it because I could always resell it or even swap it with someone for a size that I can actually wear.

I don't consider myself a "collector", it's an expensive hobby and I don't see much of a point in stockpiling things I'm not going to wear just for the sake of having them. That's why I only buy jerseys for teams that I actually like, and every now and again I'll stumble onto something from another team that's next to impossible to find with tags on it. But maybe that's just me.

Posting that you don't care about anachronisms and are just trying to turn a profit on ebay stuff isn't the best way to get people on here to try to help you out buddy. Brilliant wouldn't have mentioned that aspect if it wasn't somewhat important to people that collect sweaters. Not trying to be an A**hole here, but I mean come on.

I guess it just goes to show of the different things people want out of this whole jersey business. Personally I'm as picky as they come and a perfectionist and if the player didn't wear it on the ice then it's no good to me. But each to their own and whatever makes people happy, just personally I would be constantly bugged that Gretzky never wore that jersey.

Following that would you get Messier on one of the current NYR sweaters? I'm not saying you are not entitled to liking whatever you like, but posting that you don't care about getting it right and now just saying that you don't see a point in collecting, on a forum full of people that collect sweaters isn't a great tactic if you are trying to get people to help you out. I don't have a problem with you personally, you seem like you are just trying to get some info on where to get things that are legit (sweaters, customizers...)which is cool. I'm just trying to understand why you would broadcast that?

What's their eBay store ID? I didn't see it on their website.

I believe it is the same as their store name, i am watching that tedenby jersey so ill just post the eBay link, on eBay they are much cheaper then the website.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180614209106&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

"anachronisms"

Good word :thumbsup:

However, I do agree with him about going to a game and seeing another fan's jersey and Questioning his "fanhood" if the jersey is a CCM and should be a Nike. I'm not checking tags that closely. If that person is happy with his or her jersey thats fine with me.

The only time I've ever really questioned another fans jersey is at a Flyers' game. This guy had a Pelle Lindbergh All Star jersey done up really nicely and then I noticed the name on the back was spelled wrong. LINDBERHG

No I agree with that, it isn't a question about fanhood at all. Its just odd to bring up not caring about that kind of stuff to people that do.

Anyways I apologize about hijacking this tread, as the last 3 posts of mine have had no question about whether a specific sweater was "good or not".

It's real. It's a leftover from the draft that year. Just so you know the letters and numbers are embroidered on those and are a pain in the arse to remove.

If you can get it for dirt cheap it will be worth it to send to EPS and have them strip and turn into something else.

Is this real?

My link

yes just like TMLfan said it is real, it is the draft jersey or whatever, and like he mentioned it is very difficult to strip the numbers. I have a Penguins of the same draft style and i gave up because its way to difficult for what its worth.

Absolutely not, although my friend did have the NHL Store make up a Graves on an RBK Premiere jersey. He's fine with that, I personally wouldn't do that because THAT'S obvious. Something like buying an old jersey that's not easy to find anymore, and having it customized with a player who wore that style of jersey is a different story. I'm not going to be bothered by finding a white CCM Liberty jersey and putting Richter on the back, regardless of the fact that the white Liberty jerseys were made by Starter for the team. I'd be happy that I actually found the friggin thing, as nice as it would be to have a Starter replica because the crest and patches are sewn. The only thing I'd really have a problem with is putting Gretzky on a Starter jersey that didn't have two Starter tags on the hem, since all the "legit" ones I've seen had two tags, but again, if it comes down to having a jersey with the greatest player in history on it from when he played for the Rangers, or never getting one because I can't find a jersey with two Starter tags instead of one, I'm buying myself a blank and having Gretzky put on it.

Replicas aren't supposed to be exact, and I can't justify the cost of authentic jerseys. Hell I can't really justify buying a replica either, but since getting back into hockey a couple seasons ago after not watching for years once the lockout happened, I seem to have caught the hockey jersey bug.

Following that would you get Messier on one of the current NYR sweaters? I'm not saying you are not entitled to liking whatever you like, but posting that you don't care about getting it right and now just saying that you don't see a point in collecting, on a forum full of people that collect sweaters isn't a great tactic if you are trying to get people to help you out. I don't have a problem with you personally, you seem like you are just trying to get some info on where to get things that are legit (sweaters, customizers...)which is cool. I'm just trying to understand why you would broadcast that?

yes just like TMLfan said it is real, it is the draft jersey or whatever, and like he mentioned it is very difficult to strip the numbers. I have a Penguins of the same draft style and i gave up because its way to difficult for what its worth.

Is it difficult for an average joe who doesn't really ever do that kind of stuff or difficult in general. I only ask because if its cheap, i'll definitely get one and send it off somewhere

I posted this once before, but the thread got off track and it got lost. Is this legit? http://cgi.ebay.com/CCM-New-York-Rangers-Wayne-Gretzky-Jersey-XXL-NHL-99-/290525552004?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item43a4ac1d84#ht_500wt_1156

Something about the customization looks off to me....I don't see the stitching along the elbows that seems to be typical of the legit CCM replicas, either.

That's what I thought. The lettering looks block instead of italic. Numbers aren't as shiny as some of the fakes I've seen, but the lack of stitched elbows pretty much gave it away.

:noway: thumbs down!

for me its the Rangers logo on the back hem - while thats normal on replicas from that era, this jersey has a vintage collar tag + seller claims it to be a size 52. Just, doesnt add up

Interesting. Not something I would've picked up on, I was looking at that jersey but something was definitely off with the lettering and I moved on. Nice to know what to look for on replica jerseys.

for me its the Rangers logo on the back hem - while thats normal on replicas from that era, this jersey has a vintage collar tag + seller claims it to be a size 52. Just, doesnt add up

I can honestly say I've never seen anything like that. I don't claim to know anything about Hawks jerseys (though I do think their current third is one of the nicest looking sweaters in hockey) but I've never seen that before. I assume from the tags it's a CCM?

Anyone know anything about this?

My link

I can honestly say I've never seen anything like that. I don't claim to know anything about Hawks jerseys (though I do think their current third is one of the nicest looking sweaters in hockey) but I've never seen that before. I assume from the tags it's a CCM?

its a replica anyways.

its a replica anyways.

I know it's a replica (not too many 1958 jerseys with tags showing up on ebay :) ) but I'm wondering who made it and what the overall quality is like. I didn't know anyone had made 1958-59 replicas. The crest looks small (compare to the photo of a display at the United Center) but the tomahawks look right on. I've always wanted a 1958 replica. If it was $50 I'd probably take a chance and see what it was like. But this is twice that now...

IMG_0558.jpg