It is good or not?

lafountain

Figured. What are the obvious details I'm not seeing?

The numbers. They're the usual indicator.

Here's one for me:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250822262926&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I know for sure it's not from 2003-04 based on the NHL logo on the bottom. However, is it game-worn from 2005-06? If not, I'm pretty sure it's at least authentic, and could I wash out the black marks if they were from a rec league game or something?

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's one for me:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250822262926&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I know for sure it's not from 2003-04 based on the NHL logo on the bottom. However, is it game-worn from 2005-06? If not, I'm pretty sure it's at least authentic, and could I wash out the black marks if they were from a rec league game or something?

Gamer for sure. In fact I think it's one of those CCM jerseys which had the logo changed to the RBK vector logo.

Gamer for sure. In fact I think it's one of those CCM jerseys which had the logo changed to the RBK vector logo.

Score. Guys be cool, I reeeaally want this :P

Here's one for me:

The Murley jersey looks good to me too. :thumbsup: Definitely a gamer with the wear and marks. Not a bad price at the moment either. I'd go after it, but I am kind of saving my money for something else. Good luck bidding! :)

I got confirmation through pictures from the seller that the Murley is indeed a gamer. Wish me luck guys, this could be my first gamer/authentic!

Figured. What are the obvious details I'm not seeing?

Everything is wrong with it. Wrong neck tag. No NHL shield on hem. incorrect CCM patch on hem. lettered sized jersey with a fight strap. underside shows color striped are stitched together not dyed..

and that's just the easy stuff to see off the bat.

Everything is wrong with it. Wrong neck tag. No NHL shield on hem. incorrect CCM patch on hem. lettered sized jersey with a fight strap. underside shows color striped are stitched together not dyed..

and that's just the easy stuff to see off the bat.

Yeah that jersey is definitely fake. As Monk pointed out, there are many indicators of why it is such. Refer to the determining a fake NHL jersey on this section. You will understand why they are as fake as they are/gain a better understanding of finding the tip offs on why they are fake after referring to it.

I posted this last night under deals and steals, as it appears legit to me. http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-CCM-Chicago-Blackhawks-JEREMY-ROENICK-Jersey-/320703582857?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item4aab6c5289. The neck tags look good as does the CCM embroidery. Another look appears to show good detail in the Hawk head and the tomahawks. The only problem I see (besides it being a 44 and too small for me) is that in a couple of the pics you see the name sewn into the jersey, meaning there in not a nameplate.

I posted this last night under deals and steals, as it appears legit to me. http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-CCM-Chicago-Blackhawks-JEREMY-ROENICK-Jersey-/320703582857?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item4aab6c5289. The neck tags look good as does the CCM embroidery. Another look appears to show good detail in the Hawk head and the tomahawks. The only problem I see (besides it being a 44 and too small for me) is that in a couple of the pics you see the name sewn into the jersey, meaning there in not a nameplate.

Looks like a legit Blackhawks jersey to me. Only thing I would say is a flaw looks to be the customization. Like you pointed out there is no nameplate. And I may be wrong, but the font/numbering style looks off? A second opinion is welcome.

I think you are right. The early 1990s Maska font is a bit different. See in this picture the prongs on the E are equal in length, compared to the ebay jersey where they are not. http://www.gamewornjerseys.com/cgi-bin/jersey/jersey.cgi?roenick1

the 7 doesn't look right to me either

Yeah, it is the not-so-authentic-authentic. The quality is pretty good since it's still a Nike jersey but it's minus the elbows, shoulders, strap, underarms, nameplate and crest sewn down. Everything font-wise looks good though.

They look good to me, but what do I know? I believe somebody on the forum is selling one customized to everybody's favorite Little League World Series champion, Chris Drury.

both are legit

Legit?

It always makes me a tad suspicious when someone has a bunch of jerseys they claim to be authentic, so I'm looking for some more opinions.

Or how about this one?

Yes sir they are both legit Sabres goat head style blanks. Though the pricing on the second one seems a bit high to me. But that's just my opinion. Go for it if you like! :thumbsup:

Definitely legit.

The seller is a member here.

I have done business with him before and am very happy with my purchase.

It is an authentic jersey by a legit seller. However, Gretzky never wore CCM with the Rangers. He arrived in 1996-97 when the Rangers had just switched to Starter.