It is good or not?

lafountain

The actual Seals jerseys were made by Wilson IIRC and don't believe GC Knitting ever made any "authentic" jerseys but just churned out replicas for various teams.

Though that doesn't mean all of his stuff is fake, I picked up a legit game-worn Hawks jersey from the seller. Just need to be smart and do research first.

Thanks for the info, that helps a lot. :thumbsup: Especially since I WOULD like to pick up the real deal at some point in my life. After looking at pictures from every season of their existence I've come to the inescapable conclusion that it's not authentic, which is disappointing, but better than shelling out so much for a replica that doesn't even look like the real thing...

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone deal with amazin-mets before because I bought a jersey from him 2 weeks ago and I haven't received the jersey yet and I already sent 2 messages and nothing.

Hey guys, im new here. Hopefully you could help me.

I am seachring for a Hatcher Jersey, which here worn during his time in Dallas, for a long while. Now i foudn this one on ebay. What would you say? Good or not?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150657272920&ssPageName=ADME%3AX%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1123

Legit replica. You don't have to worry about a replica being faked (at least not yet), replicas are all real. That said, the back number looks HUGE. Not sure on the customization, I'm not familiar with the Stars jerseys.

I am seachring for a Hatcher Jersey, which here worn during his time in Dallas, for a long while. Now i foudn this one on ebay. What would you say? Good or not?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150657272920&ssPageName=ADME%3AX%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1123

Authentic Hatcher on sale from a member here, good price, but if you wear a large replica this would be on the large size for you.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=4068

Anyone deal with amazin-mets before because I bought a jersey from him 2 weeks ago and I haven't received the jersey yet and I already sent 2 messages and nothing.

I thought you meant the actual team for a second. If that's what you mean, yes! If that's not what you mean no!

Go for this authentic Hatcher jersey. It'll be a bit big, if you in fact wear a large, but in my opinion jerseys always look better when they're fitted big. This is a ###### good price as well.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=4068

Mitchell and Ness only makes retail jerseys of specific eras. Nothing they ever made was worn by an NHL team. I think some MLB teams have worn their throwbacks during games but no NHL team ever has. Frankly, I think their hockey stuff is awful. Wrong material, wrong fonts, wrong logos; it's terrible.

Has anyone created a database of that yet?

I've got a work in progress that's going to cover every jersey that every NHL team wore from 1983 to 1993 (coming soon), including all details (materials, patches, suppliers, cresting, fonts, anomolies, etc, etc, etc). It's taken me a while (and may be a little while yet before it's complete), but it promises to be very thorough.

Just an FYI, Mitchell and Ness never supplied any jerseys for the NHL, and I hope they never do. They're vintage reproductions in terms of historical accuracy are poor at best. They're good quality garments (nice materials/quality stitching), no doubt, but they're all disproportionate and oversized. The fonts are wrong, in some cases the crests are wrong, and what's worse is that the basic jersey design (eg - size/position of piping/stripes/etc) is wrong. I'd take a no-name replica from a local sporting goods store before I'd ever buy M&N.

According to their website, they only got licensing permits from the MLB, NBA, and NHL in between 1998 and 2000.

*see my disclaimer thread in case my opinion offends you* ;)

...and I just noticed Mike beat me too it :P

I've got a work in progress that's going to cover every jersey that every NHL team wore from 1983 to 1993 (coming soon), including all details (materials, patches, suppliers, cresting, fonts, anomolies, etc, etc, etc). It's taken me a while (and may be a little while yet before it's complete), but it promises to be very thorough.

Just an FYI, Mitchell and Ness never supplied any jerseys for the NHL, and I hope they never do. They're vintage reproductions in terms of historical accuracy are poor at best. They're good quality garments (nice materials/quality stitching), no doubt, but they're all disproportionate and oversized. The fonts are wrong, in some cases the crests are wrong, and what's worse is that the basic jersey design (eg - size/position of piping/stripes/etc) is wrong. I'd take a no-name replica from a local sporting goods store before I'd ever buy M&N.

According to their website, they only got licensing permits from the MLB, NBA, and NHL in between 1998 and 2000.

*see my disclaimer thread in case my opinion offends you* ;)

...and I just noticed Mike beat me too it :P

I don't know about baseball, but their basketball jerseys are also WAY off in so many ways. They're nice jerseys in and of themselves, but not accurate reproductions of the originals IMO.

What slimcutta and Brilliant! pointed out above is correct. M&N is just a jersey retailer that specializes in "throwback" reproduction jerseys from MLB, NFL, NHL, and NBA franchises. They try and use materials from the era in which the jersey is made. Sometimes they are good quality/material, while other times it is the opposite. But for the most part their customization is off and not accurate. For example, I know on the Canucks "flying V" jerseys M&N uses one color name, which is COMPLETELY inaccurate if you look at Getty and images from the mid-80s of Vancouver wearing those jerseys you will see that is not the right font.

Certainly I have several M&N NHL jerseys, mostly because I cannot or it would be really difficult to obtain "authentic" or gamers of that style - 1967 Penguins. But hey, if one does not care if the jersey is not 100% accurate, then M&N is a great way to obtain classic vintage jerseys that are hard to find.

So probably something of a steal at that price, shame that an LA jersey isn't really on my list of priorities... Thanks, anyone know anything about the Isles one?

So probably something of a steal at that price, shame that an LA jersey isn't really on my list of priorities... Thanks, anyone know anything about the Isles one?

The Islanders jersey is a pro authentic from the 80's . cosby actually did make the Islanders on ice jerseys in 72/73 but that was the only year, there is no cosby hem tag in any gamers. Cosby sold authentic replicas in the 70's and 80's in the New york area.

That is a nice jersey.

Hope this helps

As for the Kings Adidas that is even more rare The Kings had the Adidas logo on their jersey for 3 seasons 83-84/84-85 and 85-86 by 87 Adidas has gotten out of hockey completely. The jersey on ebay is a 85-86 i can tell you that because of the CCM logo , the other years the ccm logo was blue and red.

some quick facts on the Kings gamer of 85-86

Names - nameplates used - lettering is narrow

Tagging - CCM/Maska in neck; Addidas logo; two color CCM logo on hem

Fight straps - loop style cut out and replaced with either Scoville or DOT

Not all jerseys had the Addidas logo

This jersey is pretty rare i do not see these often and the customization seems dead on, also the 85-86 kings jerseys notoriously had a off centred front crown logo on knit sweater. The one on ebay seems to be slightly off centred. A must have for any big kings fan imo.

Wow. Thx guys. There is another red 98 Olympics Yzerman ending soon as well that the seller admits is a fake, but this one had me fooled. I wonder if the fakes wait for a legit one to go on ebay and put their's to end right afterwards so those who didn't get the first one would go after the second?

Well, wish me luck on the white one.

White one looks ok to me, Red one doesn't. Look at the shape of the collar compared to the picture.

I'm not familiar with that jersey, but it looks as though a collar fastener near the silver and white stripes on the chest would make the shape right. From the picture, it looks like that would make the collar too tight, though.