It is good or not?

lafountain

One thing is for sure AJ sports are legit in the autograph field but they have not got a handle on authentic or even correct fonts for jerseys . They buy in mass quanities so replicas or even fakes are cheap and they just slap the signed number on them .

So if a collector is looking for both a authenic customized jersey and Autograph to be 100 % ACCURATE but it yourself and have it signed in person or thru a private signing

I missed him last time in town as the plain was late Jagr showed with Matt Read

023-1.jpg

001.jpg

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again thanks to all...I contacted the store and they stated they wanted me to be happy so bring the jersey in and they they'll take care of me. They stated that a lot of places are selling jerseys from CHINA because the actual jerseys are to hard to get and cost around $600!!!

after this conversation the guy called me back and stated his partner wanted to know how soon i could come because they WANTED TIME TO GET THE JERSEY DISPLAYED FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!! SMH!!!!!!!........i want to buy the 2 jerseys posted above...again thanks for all the help from everyone...i've learned a lot quick...

i guess he assumes im a blithering idiot because he passed me a fake jersey, so i chuckled at the "$600" thing myself...

and it is cool that they want me to be happy...not to cool that they can't wait for me to get the Giroux fake back there so they can RESELL IT!!!!!

and thanks for the links...you guys again have proved very helpful...

No one should be buying knockoff Flyers or even incorrectly customized ones on my watch. Mecca, check out my sig and click the link to the thread I wrote up, in it you'll find everything you need to know about Flyers jerseys and the customization. And if you ever have any questions or need help, PM me, I've helped a bunch of member get correct kits.

As for the all-stars, EPS is the CLOSEST I found. Their striping pattern isn't exact but it's good enough.

And James, be happy you didn't get the Giroux WC signed, it turns out like poop. I only got it signed because I know I'll never wear it.

20121213_142513.jpg

Mecca do yourself a favor. Never buy a jersey pre-signed, you'll save yourself a ton of doubt. Players are easy enough to meet. I assume you're local, you should never have an issue meeting a player around here.

Oh, and for the record, it's commonplace for memorabilia shops to sell knock-offs with legitimate signatures, they either don't know the different or don't care. I know Pro Image was for a while, as stated, but they seemed to have stopped and now just sell poorly customized legitimate ones. I know Carl's Cards sells knockoffs. I was also at the Philly Expo last week to meet Utley and almost every retailer had knock offs. Kind of sad.

No one should be buying knockoff Flyers or even incorrectly customized ones on my watch. Mecca, check out my sig and click the link to the thread I wrote up, in it you'll find everything you need to know about Flyers jerseys and the customization. And if you ever have any questions or need help, PM me, I've helped a bunch of member get correct kits.

As for the all-stars, EPS is the CLOSEST I found. Their striping pattern isn't exact but it's good enough.

And James, be happy you didn't get the Giroux WC signed, it turns out like poop. I only got it signed because I know I'll never wear it.

20121213_142513.jpg

Mecca do yourself a favor. Never buy a jersey pre-signed, you'll save yourself a ton of doubt. Players are easy enough to meet. I assume you're local, you should never have an issue meeting a player around here.

Oh, and for the record, it's commonplace for memorabilia shops to sell knock-offs with legitimate signatures, they either don't know the different or don't care. I know Pro Image was for a while, as stated, but they seemed to have stopped and now just sell poorly customized legitimate ones. I know Carl's Cards sells knockoffs. I was also at the Philly Expo last week to meet Utley and almost every retailer had knock offs. Kind of sad.

thanks man...i actually found your thread 1st and it lead me to this one...i saw the "kits" and the jerseys...im in north east MD and i stay busy thats why i am attempting to "order" jerseys...i dont mind a "presigned" jersey(if its JSA/DNA/MM/GA)..i also don't mind signed "premier" or replicas..but right now i want a legit Giroux 12" WC and a 11" all-star(signed would be great)..if anyone wants to point me in the right direction..

again i want to thank everyone(even the guy who's member name is "cowboys" GRRR haha)..every single person who took their own time to respond to a noob who just wants a couple legit jerseys..

johnny i'll PM you soon..i just have a few questions about going the "blank and kit" route or even the Legit jersey striped and "re-customized" route...

thanks man...i actually found your thread 1st and it lead me to this one...i saw the "kits" and the jerseys...im in north east MD and i stay busy thats why i am attempting to "order" jerseys...i dont mind a "presigned" jersey(if its JSA/DNA/MM/GA)..i also don't mind signed "premier" or replicas..but right now i want a legit Giroux 12" WC and a 11" all-star(signed would be great)..if anyone wants to point me in the right direction..

again i want to thank everyone(even the guy who's member name is "cowboys" GRRR haha)..every single person who took their own time to respond to a noob who just wants a couple legit jerseys..

johnny i'll PM you soon..i just have a few questions about going the "blank and kit" route or even the Legit jersey striped and "re-customized" route...

I can give you a few tips on the jerseys you want.

All-star. If it doesn't matter what year, go for the 2011 as they pop up pretty cheaply from time to time. Here's a 56 for a not so terrible price, although they could probably be had cheaper: Now you most likely want an authentic as the replicas force the chest numbers to be smaller than they should be. Not much of a price difference at this point anyway.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-2011-NHL-All-Star-Jersey-Reebok-Edge-2-0-/261141553760?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3ccd3fe260

If you're going the Giroux route, get your patch from SportsK and just make sure it's a National Emblem patch, those are correct. Then, you contact EPS (exclusivepro.com) and they'll do the kit for you. The appropriate kits are ONE layer, but they feel much less cheap than the crap Reebok peddled when the Edges first hit. Nameplate is letters sewn onto an ovular nameplate.

For the Winter Classic, they're a pain to get authentic since they were released in such limited qualities, and the replicas are a decent quality since they were the old CCMs and not a Premier. So it's your call, just need patience and the authentics typically cost a pretty penny. As for the kits, go to any Skate Zone and they'll send them to the official Flyers customizer (they did mine and anyone else's I got a kit for). Only place that does them 100% correct. The kit will also be completely felt.

As for having them applied, myself and many others on here use member Brilliant (Mike) who does a phenomenal job. I go to him for all of my jerseys.

So you can piece it together yourself and end up with a much nicer product than you'll find on the market, just takes a little bit of work, but all the research has been done for you, especially Flyers. And PM me whenever man, I respond (slowly) to everyone lol.

I can give you a few tips on the jerseys you want.

All-star. If it doesn't matter what year, go for the 2011 as they pop up pretty cheaply from time to time. Here's a 56 for a not so terrible price, although they could probably be had cheaper: Now you most likely want an authentic as the replicas force the chest numbers to be smaller than they should be. Not much of a price difference at this point anyway.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3ccd3fe260

If you're going the Giroux route, get your patch from SportsK and just make sure it's a National Emblem patch, those are correct. Then, you contact EPS (exclusivepro.com) and they'll do the kit for you. The appropriate kits are ONE layer, but they feel much less cheap than the crap Reebok peddled when the Edges first hit. Nameplate is letters sewn onto an ovular nameplate.

For the Winter Classic, they're a pain to get authentic since they were released in such limited qualities, and the replicas are a decent quality since they were the old CCMs and not a Premier. So it's your call, just need patience and the authentics typically cost a pretty penny. As for the kits, go to any Skate Zone and they'll send them to the official Flyers customizer (they did mine and anyone else's I got a kit for). Only place that does them 100% correct. The kit will also be completely felt.

As for having them applied, myself and many others on here use member Brilliant (Mike) who does a phenomenal job. I go to him for all of my jerseys.

So you can piece it together yourself and end up with a much nicer product than you'll find on the market, just takes a little bit of work, but all the research has been done for you, especially Flyers. And PM me whenever man, I respond (slowly) to everyone lol.

wow...thanks so much...i'm in the process of going to the websites for the all-star jersey..i can't thank you enough for all this info..thanks for taking the time man..after i get everything i'll revert back to this post to locate"mike" to see if i can hire him to do the work....as for the WC i'd settle for a replica

I would go for the authentic on the All-Star as well. Just a few things to know about the differences. As Johnny mentioned, the replica crest is placed higher on the front so you cannot make the chest numbers the right size, as they would be on the authentic. The thin red stripes on the replica are screened onto the jersey. I have a feeling that aging and a few washes may cause the stripes to start to crack and peel off. On the authentic, the dye is impregnated into the jersey fabric, so I don't think this will happen. The replica has an All-Star Game patch that is screened plastic, which looks nowhere near as good as the embroidered patch that comes on the authentic.

If you are interested in the 2012 Replica ASG, I have an XL for sale + an authentic patch (sorry for the plug, but figured I can help someone out!), but I definitely would recommend going for the authentic ASG. Once I saw the authentic ASGs up close, I was disappointed with the replica

ok so i bought the blank and contacted EP...they stated they are licensed by the NHL and they will do all the work when i send them the jersey..so is there a reason i should only buy the kit from them and have someone else do the work or should i just have them do the work?...

sorry for temp hijacking of this thread...i'll move all future questions like this to the "flyers jersey" thread...

They can take for ever either way .One stop shopping or pay for shipping twice your call but Mike does great work

i guess cost becomes a factor..EPS says the kit is 60..and they'll do the work for an extra 5 bucks...so i wouldn't expect "Mike" to do the work for 5 bucks. As helpful as everyone has been i certainly take your word that his work is excellent. I guess i would need to know if its cost effective(since i'm not as OCD'ish about stiching being 1/4 and 3/16th's off to the left as some may be :) ..)

The jersey is legit. How accurate the customization is, I'll leave to the Flyers experts.

The jersey is legit. How accurate the customization is, I'll leave to the Flyers experts.

finally..i have a real one...ebay..46 bucks NWT..with a sig on the 5 (no coa but it looks good..then again..what do i know)

as far as the customization it has a "NHL.com" tag hanging with the others so i assume it was done there

Numbers look fine, name is dead wrong. Fun fact, the NHL can't do these right, either.

More places can do the new name font right, but not the numbers, since they've been changed. However, that weird looking font on there, it should just be a standard font not the blockier one, blacks never used that. Regarding THAT font, only Ruberti's can do it because they took a standard font and it got skewed in their computer, making it different. No one else has that skewed font that I could find.

i guess cost becomes a factor..EPS says the kit is 60..and they'll do the work for an extra 5 bucks...so i wouldn't expect "Mike" to do the work for 5 bucks. As helpful as everyone has been i certainly take your word that his work is excellent. I guess i would need to know if its cost effective(since i'm not as OCD'ish about stiching being 1/4 and 3/16th's off to the left as some may be :) ..)

Lol he's not "Mike," he's Mike, he's an admin here. His screenname is Brilliant! The reason myself and others use him is his attention to detail and the fact that he will do exactly what you want him to do. For instance, I sent my 1997 LeClair All-Star to EPS and they put the patches on the wrong shoulders. Just frustrating crap like that that happens because most big companies overlook our details because, frankly, we're such a little part of their market. So I shell out the extra to have it done the exact way I want it. I've literally NEVER had a problem with Mike's work, can't say the same about any other company.

Plus, and you'll learn this, getting the kit and not having it sewn to the jersey negates the headache everyone here's experienced where someone puts an incorrect kit on, causing irreversible damage to your jersey. And when you start getting to rarer ones or expensive ones, it's beyond frustrating. So buying the kit allows you to see what you're going to put on, before it's put on, saving you a major headache.

Lol he's not "Mike," he's Mike, he's an admin here. His screenname is Brilliant! The reason myself and others use him is his attention to detail and the fact that he will do exactly what you want him to do. For instance, I sent my 1997 LeClair All-Star to EPS and they put the patches on the wrong shoulders. Just frustrating crap like that that happens because most big companies overlook our details because, frankly, we're such a little part of their market. So I shell out the extra to have it done the exact way I want it. I've literally NEVER had a problem with Mike's work, can't say the same about any other company.

Plus, and you'll learn this, getting the kit and not having it sewn to the jersey negates the headache everyone here's experienced where someone puts an incorrect kit on, causing irreversible damage to your jersey. And when you start getting to rarer ones or expensive ones, it's beyond frustrating. So buying the kit allows you to see what you're going to put on, before it's put on, saving you a major headache.

wow..yea never thought of that...i assumed they would do it as they stated "just like the ones on the ice"...after i get the jersey i'll see how i want to proceed..i left a few questions in your "flyers jersey" thread about EPS..after reading the thread for the 3rd time i kinda figured out the subtle differences in the way fonts and borders etc. are done...so thanks again for the time and effort...it truly has been a great help

As expected of Johnny! Comes in and makes Flyers' font his b****.

On a side note, how's the jersey I sent you coming along?

I'm dropping it off next week, trying to see who all needs kits from Philly Express first.

wow..yea never thought of that...i assumed they would do it as they stated "just like the ones on the ice"...after i get the jersey i'll see how i want to proceed..i left a few questions in your "flyers jersey" thread about EPS..after reading the thread for the 3rd time i kinda figured out the subtle differences in the way fonts and borders etc. are done...so thanks again for the time and effort...it truly has been a great help

Well they think they do but they don't lol. It's confusing, I know. I think I answered all of your questions in that thread, right? And no worries man, it's what I'm here for.

I'm dropping it off next week, trying to see who all needs kits from Philly Express first.

Alright, sounds good man.

Johnny is the man(well, you wouldn't know that from his gamerscore) lol

And yet, he still has a higher gamerscore than I do :unsure: