It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Malkin actually looked very good until I saw the NHL shield, now I'm questioning it. It's hard to tell from the strap since I can't see the attachment, but even the glacier twill is right. That said, the Mario is very fake. Not sure about the Engelland.

All 3 are fake. The strap on the Engelland is almost as wide as the twill block.

The customization is a bit off, here's a gamer:

7896.jpg

Look at the slant on the "nose" of the 1 as well as the size of the "feet" serifs. Also the 0 looks a bit too wide. On the name the letters are close, but a little too thin and stretched vertically.

In the end, they aren't major issues and it is only a replica. Just depends on what you are comfortable with. Another thing is that it's used. With Gabby being a star player there's probably tons of factory customized replica Rangers jerseys that are going to be sold for cheap for the next little while. Not unlike Drury, Gomez, Shanahan, etc. replica Rangers jerseys that can still be found cheap NWT.

Av's fans I have a question.

Is this a legit game weight jersey?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STARTER-COLORADO-AVALANCHE-1996-STANLEY-CUP-NHL-HOCKEY-JERSEY-52-MINT-/390570031741?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item5aefc9ba7d

The neck tag looks strange (says XL/52 made in El Salvador)

Just thinking in terms of the made in Indonesia Edge jerseys,

Were the Starter Av's jerseys' made in Canada for their inaugural season??

Here's another that ended.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390568131767&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160#ht_1116wt_1186

Annnd one last one :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-FORSBERG-COLORADO-AVALANCHE-STARTER-AUTHENTIC-1996-AUTO-SIGNED-JERSEY-52-/390569893481?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item5aefc79e69

Those are the same as the on-ice Avs jerseys of that era. The only exception is the crest. They used a smaller and more tilted crest on their inaugural season jerseys as opposed to the larger and straighter one from years after. That second one you posted is a good example of that...even though the custom job is turrrrrble. The customization of retail pro jerseys from their first year in 1995-96 was punctuated by that awful large name font. I never really figured out why either.

For some reason too, Starter used the alpha sizing along with the numerical on those first year ones0. Also, every single Starter ON-ICE jersey was made right here in the good ol' U.S. of A. Berlin, Wisconsin to be specific. Retails were made in El Salvador and Haiti but every one worn by a player was made in the United States.

Thanks Mike,

With all you know you should write a book,

It probably would be a bible for jersey collectors (much like the Beckett guide for trading cards)

I'd buy it for sure! :thumbsup:

I had several windows up and mistakenly put in a bid on this, which I'm fairly sure is a fake. Before I ask the seller to cancel, I figured I'd see what ya'lls thoughts were:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171019190487?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

I don't recall the Heroes of Hockey Roy jerseys having such fat numbers on the back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171019190487?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

I don't recall the Heroes of Hockey Roy jerseys having such fat numbers on the back.

It's fake, all right.

I find it hard to tell if the Vintage/HOH series are fake. I kinda avoid them. Is there a topic on real vs fake for these series in specific? I'd like to learn as a noob. Thanks.

I find it hard to tell if the Vintage/HOH series are fake. I kinda avoid them. Is there a topic on real vs fake for these series in specific? I'd like to learn as a noob. Thanks.

The Vintage series fakes are super easy to spot.

If the Vintage tag on the neck is all gray and they are passing it off as an authentic (numeric sizing, fight strap), it is a fake. The all gray tag is for replicas.

The legit Vintage Authentics have blue going across the bottom and top of the neck tag.

don't drink and ebay kids

Be glad it's just a hockey jersey. Some guys do that looking at cars on eBay.

Those are the same as the on-ice Avs jerseys of that era. The only exception is the crest. They used a smaller and more tilted crest on their inaugural season jerseys as opposed to the larger and straighter one from years after. That second one you posted is a good example of that...even though the custom job is turrrrrble. The customization of retail pro jerseys from their first year in 1995-96 was punctuated by that awful large name font. I never really figured out why either.

For some reason too, Starter used the alpha sizing along with the numerical on those first year ones0. Also, every single Starter ON-ICE jersey was made right here in the good ol' U.S. of A. Berlin, Wisconsin to be specific. Retails were made in El Salvador and Haiti but every one worn by a player was made in the United States.

Does the crest size on the retail authentics (El Salvador jerseys) match the crest size for the on-ice Berlin, WI game jerseys for the first year Avs?

Is this one a legitimate replica?

http://imgur.com/kBKFiTr

Thanks

Yes, it is- mid-to-later 1990's.