It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://bit.ly/YF2hRL

Not really questioning the authenticity, but how difficult would this be to revive? Just some steaming?

Also, seller claims there are stains. I can't see them and he never got back to me about my request for him to point them out. Anyone see any?

Christ, was that thing stored in a Pokeball? That's pretty wrinkled, but I would think you could just let it hang up for a while and the wrinkles would come out. If not, probably the iron-over-towel method would do it. As far as stains, I don't see any, and since it's a white mesh jersey they'd be pretty easy to see. That's my size too dammit, but it's all yours. Worst case if you get it and there's stains on it, oxyclean liquid and a little detergent on a cold cycle.

This must be about the 10th time I've seen a CCM Rangers mesh jersey with a Stocko fight strap. (I also have one myself.) I'm really starting to believe that some of these may originally have been made that way, and that the original CCM fight strap wasn't just replaced by a previous owner. Anyone else have any experience with Stocko fight straps in their Rangers jerseys?

This must be about the 10th time I've seen a CCM Rangers mesh jersey with a Stocko fight strap. (I also have one myself.) I'm really starting to believe that some of these may originally have been made that way, and that the original CCM fight strap wasn't just replaced by a previous owner. Anyone else have any experience with Stocko fight straps in their Rangers jerseys?

I have three Cosby bought CCM Rangers mesh jerseys from early 90's.. None of them have the Stocko fight strap. I was reading somewhere on this board or gameworn where a guy sent a supposed NY Rangers gamer with a Stocko fight strap and MeiGray shot it down immediately.. I too have seen these Stocko straps in some. Maybe some of these fight straps found their way on some CCM authentics.. Who knows

With CCM, it seems, who knows? I just got this same jersey in a 48 but its a bit more than 28" long, this is 27 and its a 46; I have a 44 that's 30" long and I've had a 48 that was almost 33". I guess anything was possible in those carzy '90's.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230959583352?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Like the title says...good or not? Any ideas on what the "wingspan" on an XL would be? From what I've been able to gather, it looks like it would/should be 68 1/2".

It's good. If you have any doubts as to sizing it's always best to ask the seller so you get measurements specific to this jersey.

looks good to me. just another authentic replica. looking for expert advice

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-LA-KINGS-CCM-JERSEY-SIZE-XL-/321101079258

looks good to me. just another authentic replica. looking for expert advice

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-LA-KINGS-CCM-JERSEY-SIZE-XL-/321101079258

Yep, Vintage series reissued replica. If it's similar to the one I still have, it's pretty thin airknit material, but at least it's legit. Ultrafil authentics are way better and you could probably get one for not that much more than what the seller is asking for this used replica.

Yep, Vintage series reissued replica. If it's similar to the one I still have, it's pretty thin airknit material, but at least it's legit. Ultrafil authentics are way better and you could probably get one for not that much more than what the seller is asking for this used replica.

i was thinking along the same lines when it comes to the material. i am always on the look for ultrafils. just unwilling to throw down the ridiculous amounts some people are throwing at them

Looks like it was made outa material from my childhood couch.

That thar is a strange one.

I am always on the look for ultrafils. just unwilling to throw down the ridiculous amounts some people are throwing at them

I guess I'm pretty fortunate then, to wear such small sizes. I recently found 4 of these (size 44) for $35, $51, $57 and $65, and they were all in very nice shape.

I guess I'm pretty fortunate then, to wear such small sizes. I recently found 4 of these (size 44) for $35, $51, $57 and $65, and they were all in very nice shape.

i need 54s and 56s. i like them full size so i can wear them with pads. yeah im still willing to put them on them and play in them. it's a jersey, it is made to be worn and played in

The jersey itself is good. Regarding the customization, the center posts on the 3's are kind of short, and the small "C" in Mc should be placed higher so the top of it is aligned with the tops of the other letters. But these are pretty picky details.

The jersey itself is good. Regarding the customization, the center posts on the 3's are kind of short, and the small "C" in Mc should be placed higher so the top of it is aligned with the tops of the other letters. But these are pretty picky details.

the placement of each '3' looks to be just a bit to off center to me as well. they dont appear to be centered properly with the neck/shoulder seam

reference photo

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1006/nhl.great.hairstyles/images/kurri-gretzky-mcsorley-88233072.jpg

I'm can't be for certain without asking the seller, but I think the name might be on a nameplate rather than sewn directly on the jersey

And it looks like there's just a little too much spacing between the "3 3" on the back.

And the first thing I look for is the placement of the small "c" in McSORLEY as LAK74 pointed out.