It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer on JB's customizing remains, if its not being done by the official customizer, it may not be 100% accurate. If 100% accuracy is your concern, you shouldn't be letting anyone other than the official customizer do it, even if it means additional cost/mailing. 

If you let JB (or anyone else) handle it because its cheaper or more convenient, you are doing so at the risk of sacrificing accuracy. 

Hey All - What are your thoughts on this Maska Nordiques?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quebec-Nordiques-Jersey-Peter-Stastny-Maska-size-52-Mint-cond-/262719101945?hash=item3d2b475bf9%3Ag%3AxGcAAOSwImRYKgjE&nma=true&si=99Yk3gfAZsJkXSZMuxAn0%2B3MtwE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I saw it and jumped on it before doing any real research. I haven't previously encountered any fake Maska authentics. Can't really see the Rendezvous patch, but looks legit from what I can tell in the pic. Let me know if I've made a mistake and maybe I can cancel the order before it ships. Thanks in advance!

13 minutes ago, 4freezy said:

Hey All - What are your thoughts on this Maska Nordiques?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quebec-Nordiques-Jersey-Peter-Stastny-Maska-size-52-Mint-cond-/262719101945?hash=item3d2b475bf9%3Ag%3AxGcAAOSwImRYKgjE&nma=true&si=99Yk3gfAZsJkXSZMuxAn0%2B3MtwE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I saw it and jumped on it before doing any real research. I haven't previously encountered any fake Maska authentics. Can't really see the Rendezvous patch, but looks legit from what I can tell in the pic. Let me know if I've made a mistake and maybe I can cancel the order before it ships. Thanks in advance!

It looks like some sort of repro to me. The numbers and fleurs look stitched, the cuffs/hem are mesh, shoulder construction is different, etc.

Yes, it looks like a more modern recreation of a Maska jersey.   The originals should be all ultrafil, without mesh sleeve tips.  The early 80's crests were pressed vinyl, and even the later twill ones don't look cut and stitched as neatly as this one.  In any case, by the time the Rendez-Vous patch was used, the Nords were using CCM jerseys.  That number font wasn't ever used as far as I know, and there should be a nameplate as well.

A friend of mine snagged this for a pretty good price and hit me up to see what I thought.. It looks real to me all the way, but wanted to get second opinions.  The thing that throws me off on this one is the fact that all the pics are zoomed in, otherwise I think I could be for sure.  But it does look good. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Reebok-Edge-Tampa-Bay-Lightning-Steven-Stamkos-Jersey-Size-52-/152311163337?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=cJAgVcLtbwo0qU0HGXzp1lKjYIw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

On 11/14/2016 at 0:30 PM, mfitz804 said:

The answer on JB's customizing remains, if its not being done by the official customizer, it may not be 100% accurate. If 100% accuracy is your concern, you shouldn't be letting anyone other than the official customizer do it, even if it means additional cost/mailing. 

If you let JB (or anyone else) handle it because its cheaper or more convenient, you are doing so at the risk of sacrificing accuracy. 

I was told that Cool Hockey does the custom work for JB.  I don't recall who told me so it's just hearsay at this point.

I think he uses both.  For sure he uses SLC for Leafs stuff, for example, but he also told me Cool Hockey did his All-Star jerseys (at least the older ones).

26 minutes ago, AlereFlammam said:

He uses game day sports (Truman Jong) for most of his stuff as far as I know. 

Interesting.  Haven't heard that name in a while.

I have a white sz56 Blackhawks Ultrafil and a B's jersey I sent to Game Day Sports / Truman 

He said he doesn't like dealing with people from this board because they are too picky 

Very nice guy but I was less than impressed with his work on both.

Incorrect fonts on name as well as incorrect #'s

Proceed with caution  

Edited by Hockey Bob

1 hour ago, Hockey Bob said:

I have a white sz56 Blackhawks Ultrafil and a B's jersey I sent to Game Day Sports / Truman 

He said he doesn't like dealing with people from this board because they are too picky 

Proceed with caution  

Yep...just stay away if you are concerned with accuracy. 

Same goes for Locker Room Sports. 

4 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Proceed with caution  

Are the numbers and letter font different on  Blackhawks Ultrafils then the numbers and letters the hawks use these days?

Edited by tomtucker

2 hours ago, tomtucker said:

Are the numbers and letter font different on  Blackhawks Ultrafils then the numbers and letters the hawks use these days?

See bottom of page starting with post #20:

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?/topic/2303-nhl-team-customizers/&page=28

8 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Proceed with caution  

WHAAAAAAAT?????

It's legit, but you could probably do a lot better than $100.

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

It's legit, but you could probably do a lot better than $100.

I just sold one like that customized as Sundin and auto'd by sittler for $50

23 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

I just sold one like that customized as Sundin and auto'd by sittler for $50

Yup, the value of a used, customized replica is usually less than the cost of customizing. Not sure how that works or why that is, but it is. 

It's Burger King rare......lol.....sorry it made me laugh.