It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Lumpjaw said:

Many questions nwo, but I try to learn. Jersey looks good, I think, but how about the customization?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/401296332032

Customization is definitely way off, and the name should be on a plate. 

The best thing to do is find a photo of a game worn from the same time period (in this case, 1993-94, when Mogilny was temporary captain and no patches were used) and carefully compare the details.  This jersey is a road, but you can see the obvious differences in the letters and numbers.

IMG_7713_zpsxatnr2zx.jpg

50 minutes ago, Lumpjaw said:

Many questions nwo, but I try to learn. Jersey looks good, I think, but how about the customization?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/401296332032

1) Questions keep this site going, its boring otherwise, so I wouldn't worry.

2) I agree that the jersey itself looks good. 

3) I cannot speak to the customization, I will defer on that to someone who knows. 

The jersey is good, the customization is awful.  I saw that one too, and I would have considered it if the customization wasn't so far off.  It a complete strip and send it to get it done up properly.

46 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

The jersey is good, the customization is awful.  I saw that one too, and I would have considered it if the customization wasn't so far off.  It a complete strip and send it to get it done up properly.

Which is what I´ve been thinking too. Just hard to come by a good jersey with proper customization.

1 minute ago, Lumpjaw said:

Which is what I´ve been thinking too. Just hard to come by a good jersey with proper customization.

Price should be commensurate with rarity, condition and customization, though.  Seems a little high to me.

17 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Price should be commensurate with rarity, condition and customization, though.  Seems a little high to me.

Well, I won´t have to think to much about it anyway. The guy said they only do shipping in US/Canada.

7 minutes ago, Lumpjaw said:

Well, I won´t have to think to much about it anyway. The guy said they only do shipping in US/Canada.

Well, that simplifies things for you, at least!

2 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Allow me to show you the small marks on the jersey by using an uncapped ink pen. Oops, now there's more marks.

Who does not want some excitement im the every day struggle? Hahaha

2 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Allow me to show you the small marks on the jersey by using an uncapped ink pen. Oops, now there's more marks.

Haha

Am I the only one who sees the absurdity in that? Why use an OPEN pen when you could use...oh, I don't know...ANY-EFFING-THING ELSE???

That is so fake it is not event close.  I mean, that is about as bad as they get.  Sometimes I have to take a quick glance just to confirm it's fake, but that is obvious right off the start.  Horrible!!! Funny how to basically ripped of JB's title listing too.

I saw this and was gonna pick it up but I know nothing of the Sandow stuff. (I'm a big block CCM fan)
Looks like while I was mulling it over someone else decided it was worth the asking.

Is it any good or did I dodge a bullet by laying off?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Throwback-Sandow-SK-Toronto-Maple-Leafs-Daryl-Sittler-Hockey-Jersey-/162445672528?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=aP58CsRzRUk0YqxsgX9ytJc5sLs%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

1 minute ago, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

Jersey itself is a beaut. Rare too. The Leafs only wore Sandow for a small period in '80-81 before going back to Maska. Customisation is no good but for that price worth trying to strip.

I was watching that too...got caught dozing!

Sandow Leafs on-ice and retail authentics differed a lot.  There are differences in the crests, body panel construction, double elbow stitching, even the collar is the wrong color- it should be blue.

Did they wear Sandow mesh? I thought it was durene in that period. Though, admittedly, I don't know or care enough about the Leafs to be sure about that.

They were mesh.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/332170241643

Need your expertise, friends! How does this look? Legit? Good shape?

thanks in advance!

It's a 1996/97, not 98/99 like the seller says.  It's legit, but it has the same problem all of the 96/97 retail authentics have, that is, the back shoulder yoke seam (right above the nameplate) has a kink in it, and the shoulder patches are really close to the collar.  But you're not going to get away from that problem unless you find a team-issued one.

Edited by LAK74