lafountain

It is good or not?

11,533 posts in this topic

Any opinions on this, it's small so the numbers go right over the fight strap, so I can't see the tell-tale twill patch of real vs. fake jerseys.

Most of it seems to check out, but something about the hem logos doesn't look quite right to me.

Any help?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Vintage-Gerry-Crosby-CCM-Brian-Leetch-NY-Rangers-Sewn-Jersey-Mens-MED-LG-/142382061431?hash=item2126a1d777:g:whAAAOSwIQdZF0Pa

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's good.  Looks to be around a size 42 or so.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fake. Those "Meigray Groop" jerseys have been faked by China for years now. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, a real WC would have either the Reebok neck tag or the MeiGray tag. Not both.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is not authentic - but I've never seen a Starter replica jersey with the logo on the left arm (usually on the right arm) nor have I seen a Starter with a "Starter" piping in the neck area.  Is it Legit?

http://imgur.com/qc1rKJE

http://imgur.com/VykWlM7

http://imgur.com/nyhVWPl

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, liquidice said:

I know this is not authentic - but I've never seen a Starter replica jersey with the logo on the left arm (usually on the right arm) nor have I seen a Starter with a "Starter" piping in the neck area.  Is it Legit?

http://imgur.com/qc1rKJE

http://imgur.com/VykWlM7

http://imgur.com/nyhVWPl

 

I've never seen a Starter collar like that, but the sleeve logo is fine:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263011292154

As if the legit or not, I highly doubt it's a knockoff at this point.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thebiggoalie said:

I've never seen a Starter collar like that, but the sleeve logo is fine:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263011292154

As if the legit or not, I highly doubt it's a knockoff at this point.  

Sorry I'm an idiot - the Starter logo on the arm is on the right arm not the left arm of the jersey I was asking about (looking at the picture, it is on the left side of the picture, not the right side of the picture) :D

The eBay link you posted shows it on the left arm (right side of the picture).

Thanks though, appreciate the feedback!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupid as it is, I think it's fake. Even if it's not, I wouldn't buy it, that crest looks to be in terrible shape.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Stupid as it is, I think it's fake. Even if it's not, I wouldn't buy it, that crest looks to be in terrible shape.

I was hoping a little ironing would fix the crest :)  Haven't been able to find a white liberty jersey with the collar correct (so many have the blue/red reversed) - I own an authentic White Liberty Starter that still has the tags - but don't want to cut the tags to wear it - so I wanted a replica to wear it.  Plus the replicas fit me a lot better, the authentics are usually huge on me.  If you know someone selling a replica white liberty starter in Medium or Large, let me know :) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://m.ebay.com/itm/272276305664?_mwBanner=1&varId=571093808210

I know this is a legit jersey (and a touch pricey....), however my question is regarding whether it was actually ever worn by Toews. It looks like a 6100 to me. My understanding is Toews wore the 1.0 for bit his rookie year and then switched to the 2.0. So did the 'hawks/Toews wear a 6100 at any point during his rookie season? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure that's just a case of Locker Room Sports customizing the wrong style jersey for the 2007/08 season.  Even in the 2007 pre-season (when the WWW patch was not used), the Hawks used Edge jerseys, so I don't see how Toews could have used that style 6100 at any time during 2007/08.  Even if you go as far back as rookie camp, they seemed to wear practice jerseys with the player's name and number on them (Kane actually wore #12!), and not 6100's.  I would venture a guess that the only 6100 Toews ever wore might have been his draft jersey in 2006, but it would have been red, with the number 06, and it sure as heck wouldn't have had a WWW patch on it.

Edited by LAK74
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I'm sure that's just a case of Locker Room Sports customizing the wrong style jersey for the 2007/08 season.  Even in the 2007 pre-season (when the WWW patch was not used), the Hawks used Edge jerseys, so I don't see how Toews could have used that style 6100 at any time during 2007/08.  Even if you go as far back as rookie camp, they seemed to wear practice jerseys with the player's name and number on them (Kane actually wore #12!), and not 6100's.

That was what I figured, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it's definitely anachronistic customization. At least it's legit so it would be a good candidate for a strip job. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is more about the customization than the jersey itself, which I'm fairly sure is legit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/302338244856

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_8115_zpsxhjk4f7q.jpeg

IMG_8112_zpsngpqzsre.png

IMG_8114_zpsqhboicnl.png

Edited by LAK74
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, LAK74 said:

IMG_8115_zpsxhjk4f7q.jpeg

IMG_8112_zpsngpqzsre.png

IMG_8114_zpsqhboicnl.png

Aha. I forgot about the kiss-cut. I knew the twill was wrong. 

Alright, so it needs to be stripped if I win it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the tags and fight strap, I'd say it's a 1989/90.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the prompt response. Glad to know it is an authentic and not a "Frankenstein replica-authentic" 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19718766_2331011217123346_633899460_o.jp

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19686612_2331011220456679_723168695_o.jp

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nameplate is absent? 

Also the whole jersey is sideways. :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Nameplate is absent? 

Also the whole jersey is sideways. :)

 the 96 had no nameplate the 97 year did not have name plates 1994 did 

Edited by cowboys
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now