It is good or not?

lafountain

I have seen tons of crappy "CCM" fake liberty jerseys, not starter ones.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2017-08-03 at 5:49 PM, spudrock512 said:

I know the font is off, but how is the jersey itself?  I think I have read issues about finding good Starter Liberty Rangers jerseys in the past.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/new-york-rangers-jersey-size-54-fight-strap-Wayne-gretzky-center-ice-jersey-/202008066806?hash=item2f089e7af6:g:c3EAAOSwrhBZNOpY

would have to be stripped

Hi everyone. Been lurking for a while and I have a query that I was hoping someone here might shed some light on. As it covers some eBay listings I thought I'd drop it here rather than starting a separate thread.

I've seen a few Buffalo jerseys online recently (late 80s-early 90s Ultrafil) and there appears to be some degree of variation in the chest crest details. Was there a difference between retail and team issued or was there year to year variation or is this something else that I'm unaware of? The major variation appears around the head/mouth/chin and front legs of the buffalo. One appears to be "simpler" in shape and I'm having trouble finding an on ice example with that simpler buffalo. If the eBay 2 listing is authentic then it may have been a 1995-96 thing.

Here are some links to examples:

eBay 1

eBay 2

eBay 3

Game Worn Auctions 1

Game Worn Auctions 2

Please feel free to weigh in on anything that grabs your attention re authenticity or otherwise on these. FWIW, my opinion on these apart from the variation in the crest (and I don't know what that means) they all looked to be at the very least legitimate authentic ultrafil jerseys from that period (late 80s to early-mid 90s). 

Edit - Special bonus Buffalo Jersey. Did CCM do a throwback like this? Some parts seem like they could be OK but others look all kinds of wrong.

Edited by SoNowWhat?

20 minutes ago, SoNowWhat? said:

Edit - Special bonus Buffalo Jersey. Did CCM do a throwback like this? Some parts seem like they could be OK but others look all kinds of wrong.

I can't answer about the crest variations, but the throwback jersey is an early 2000's vintage reissue by CCM.  It's made of airknit instead of ultrafil, and is shaped like the 2000's CCM/Kohos with the bigger arms.  Many other teams had similar reissued throwbacks as part of that Vintage Hockey series.

1 minute ago, LAK74 said:

I can't answer about the crest variations, but the throwback jersey is an early 2000's vintage reissue by CCM.  It's made of airknit instead of ultrafil, and is shaped like the 2000's CCM/Kohos with the bigger arms.  Many other teams had similar reissued throwbacks as part of that Vintage Hockey series.

Thanks LAK. 

Lets also give thanks to a guy who despite having only 3 posts knows how to correctly post a link with a title, which most of us fail to do on a daily basis. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Lets also give thanks to a guy who despite having only 3 posts knows how to correctly post a link with a title, which most of us fail to do on a daily basis. 

Ha!

I've been (and am still) on a few boards for various subjects. I'd hope I could do something other than flame. But thank you @mfitz804. I believe we suffer a similar affliction regarding Ultrafil. 

4 minutes ago, SoNowWhat? said:

Ha!

I've been (and am still) on a few boards for various subjects. I'd hope I could do something other than flame. But thank you @mfitz804. I believe we suffer a similar affliction regarding Ultrafil. 

Yeah, its contagious. 

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Lets also give thanks to a guy who despite having only 3 posts knows how to correctly post a link with a title, which most of us are too lazy to do on a daily basis. 

Corrected.

12 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Thought it wouldn't be long before someone mentioned it..

Frankly, I'm appalled that it wasn't one of the two of us. 

14 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Frankly, I'm appalled that it wasn't one of the two of us. 

I think people get annoyed with my correcting you guys with the correct use of the English language :P However the person who brought it up can have a Blue Peter badge.

4 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

I think people get annoyed with my correcting you guys with the correct use of the English language :P However the person who brought it up can have a Blue Peter badge.

How about some of these instead? :D

AI4GIuW.jpg

37 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

I'd rather own a green Jofa Flyers jersey than eat them, I'd rather eat poutine than eat them. I took one look at that s***, I thought that, looks putrid.

Step right up.

5 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Holy crap! Kill it with fire!!

Amazing that such a thing still exists, but there you go. 

Edited by SoNowWhat?

23 hours ago, furiousd said:

Says the guy whose signature is 10 photobucket "photo not found" pics.  Kittens!

Hey I wasn't excluding myself from the lazy comment.

But well played though...you get door prize #1

3685782398_a7845fdabc_m.jpg

On 8/9/2017 at 0:44 AM, SoNowWhat? said:

Hi everyone. Been lurking for a while and I have a query that I was hoping someone here might shed some light on. As it covers some eBay listings I thought I'd drop it here rather than starting a separate thread.

I've seen a few Buffalo jerseys online recently (late 80s-early 90s Ultrafil) and there appears to be some degree of variation in the chest crest details. Was there a difference between retail and team issued or was there year to year variation or is this something else that I'm unaware of? The major variation appears around the head/mouth/chin and front legs of the buffalo. One appears to be "simpler" in shape and I'm having trouble finding an on ice example with that simpler buffalo. If the eBay 2 listing is authentic then it may have been a 1995-96 thing.

Here are some links to examples:

eBay 1

eBay 2

eBay 3

Game Worn Auctions 1

Game Worn Auctions 2

Please feel free to weigh in on anything that grabs your attention re authenticity or otherwise on these. FWIW, my opinion on these apart from the variation in the crest (and I don't know what that means) they all looked to be at the very least legitimate authentic ultrafil jerseys from that period (late 80s to early-mid 90s). 

Apologies for quoting my own post but I have found this since it was posted.

Chris Creamer

While it doesn't answer my specific question, it does lend weight to the possibility that Buffalo crest fine details morph over time. I am still looking for something specifically with the crest as shown in eBay1 and eBay2 in a match image to verify it as authentic. 

29 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Even eBay 1 and eBay 2 don't have identical crests, IMO. I have a big block Sabres, and it's a little different from either of those. I think the speculation that they were hand cut is probably accurate.

Can you post a pic? I have one en-route and would like to compare.

Edited by SoNowWhat?