lafountain

It is good or not?

11,602 posts in this topic

Looks like a legit replica.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Martin-Brodeur-New-Jersey-Devils-Authentic-Reebok-Jersey-Sz-56-Fight-Strap-/322881161254

Are the back numbers too far apart?

Price is too high anyway but I’m curious. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I wrong to feel ripped off by NHL.COM to have an Indo "authentic" Adidas?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. Just return it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, e30cabrio said:

Am I wrong to feel ripped off by NHL.COM to have an Indo "authentic" Adidas?

Yes you are wrong. They aren’t advertised as being made in Canada and you got what you paid for. Did you think suddenly what Reebok sold for $359 now cost $179 from a different division of the same company? Does that make even the slightest sense?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yes you are wrong. They aren’t advertised as being made in Canada and you got what you paid for. Did you think suddenly what Reebok sold for $359 now cost $179 from a different division of the same company? Does that make even the slightest sense?

Here’s what makes me upset.  Take a look at this ad and although there is no mention of where it is made tell me this doesn’t sound like you will be getting exactly the same thing the players are wearing.  Adidas taking the product and passing it off as authentic is wrong wrong wrong.

37659462245_b3cdf897ff_b.jpg

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that really how all Leafs fans walk around?

Man he looks depressed

 

Edited by Hockey Bob
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

Is that really how all Leafs fans walk around?

Man he looks depressed

 

Right on, my man. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Here’s what makes me upset.  Take a look at this ad and although there is no mention of where it is made tell me this doesn’t sound like you will be getting exactly the same thing the players are wearing.  Adidas taking the product and passing it off as authentic is wrong wrong wrong.

And I stand somewhat corrected, the shop.nhl.com description says only "Imported" which one could interpret to mean "imported from Canada to the U.S.".

However, I stand by my original statement that what was $359 does not become $179 the following season. That was a pretty big tell. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And I stand somewhat corrected, the shop.nhl.com description says only "Imported" which one could interpret to mean "imported from Canada to the U.S.".

However, I stand by my original statement that what was $359 does not become $179 the following season. That was a pretty big tell. 

That's reasonable logic, if you've been collecting for years and have previous price points to compare to. But what if you are a new fan and this is your first time purchasing a jersey? It's deceiving.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CJ Matthews said:

That's reasonable logic, if you've been collecting for years and have previous price points to compare to. But what if you are a new fan and this is your first time purchasing a jersey? It's deceiving.

Yeah, I suppose it is. I can't assume everyone will have done the endless hours of research that we all do.

From NHL.com's description:

"You may not prep for New Jersey Devils game days exactly like your favorite player, but your game day routines can have one awesome thing in common—proudly putting on this New Jersey Devils Home Authentic Blank Jersey from adidas."

Not quite. At least throw a "Made in Indonesia" in there, they don't even do that. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adidas and the NHL are betting on the fans not able to tell or even care what they are receiving is not what the players wear on the ice.  They are largely right.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly think false advertising is happening here. Think about this as an everyday comparable. 

What if you went to a Steakhouse and on the Menu it said - World Famous Filet Mignon - Our famous recipe created by Chef ABC in 2005 - $15.99. You might think, Gee that’s a pretty amazing price, I think I’ll get that famous chef steak that usually costs $34.99. So your order arrived at the table and based on the information in the menu you had which determines what to order, would you be okay with the server bringing you a Salisbury Steak from a can that looks like the Filet... kind of... and tastes meaty enough to be called steak... kind of.

I guess the fundamental point here is that when it comes down to the basics, Adidas can sell whatever they want to consumers but to create targeted advertising that says a product is one thing when it so clearly is not can only be false advertising. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, chow_hound said:

I honestly think false advertising is happening here. Think about this as an everyday comparable. 

What if you went to a Steakhouse and on the Menu it said - World Famous Filet Mignon - Our famous recipe created by Chef ABC in 2005 - $15.99. You might think, Gee that’s a pretty amazing price, I think I’ll get that famous chef steak that usually costs $34.99. So your order arrived at the table and based on the information in the menu you had which determines what to order, would you be okay with the server bringing you a Salisbury Steak from a can that looks like the Filet... kind of... and tastes meaty enough to be called steak... kind of.

I guess the fundamental point here is that when it comes down to the basics, Adidas can sell whatever they want to consumers but to create targeted advertising that says a product is one thing when it so clearly is not can only be false advertising. 

Agreed, their advertising is awful. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately as it has been mentioned in this thread, no one cares beyonds us really. I know people that don't even care if they are throwing a player that never wore the Reebok style on a Reebok jersey (i.e. Patrick Marleau on the previous Premiers). I imagine others here know the same type of people. Hell, I know a ton of people that even buy chinese fakes since they are 1/5 the price or whatever. Canadian made vs. Indonesian made is the least of their priorities.

We are 0.000001% of the market and the only ones who can even tell the difference. Hopefully we can find Canadian mades eventually. It's unfortunate Adidas did this, but they care more about the shareholders than a niche market.

Edited by Phil the Thrill
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s the right jersey for the patch.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Adidas and the NHL are betting on the fans not able to tell or even care what they are receiving is not what the players wear on the ice.  They are largely right.

Judging from my experience of a dozen years on the front line in sports retail, average fans have always had a hatred for the amount on an authentic jersey's price tag. The main problem with average fans is that they're stupid. While there are definitely a pocket of fans who knew exactly what the fakes were when they started appearing, there are a ton of people who really went for the hook, line and sinker and believe the Made in China crap is what's on the ice. I was called a liar more than a few times by people wearing these things in my store, bragging about how much cheaper their "real deal" was compared to our replicas.... meanwhile buying a hat off my shelves for the same price they paid for their jersey and not being able to put two and two together.

What Adidas is banking on, is getting the fans who do know what fakes are and how much a real authentic jersey has always been at retail, and having them believe that they are getting that on-ice product at $180-200 instead of $350-400. I agree 100% with whoever said they are falsely advertising the AdiZero jerseys they're selling in stores. 

Since Adidas Hockey retweets almost every last little compliment they get, I figured since they read their mentions, I'd ask nicely when the Made in Canada authentics will be available. They will not answer me. They clearly do not want the average fan to know and understand that there is a difference between what's on the ice and in stores. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Van67 said:

Judging from my experience of a dozen years on the front line in sports retail, average fans have always had a hatred for the amount on an authentic jersey's price tag. The main problem with average fans is that they're stupid. While there are definitely a pocket of fans who knew exactly what the fakes were when they started appearing, there are a ton of people who really went for the hook, line and sinker and believe the Made in China crap is what's on the ice. I was called a liar more than a few times by people wearing these things in my store, bragging about how much cheaper their "real deal" was compared to our replicas.... meanwhile buying a hat off my shelves for the same price they paid for their jersey and not being able to put two and two together.

What Adidas is banking on, is getting the fans who do know what fakes are and how much a real authentic jersey has always been at retail, and having them believe that they are getting that on-ice product at $180-200 instead of $350-400. I agree 100% with whoever said they are falsely advertising the AdiZero jerseys they're selling in stores. 

Since Adidas Hockey retweets almost every last little compliment they get, I figured since they read their mentions, I'd ask nicely when the Made in Canada authentics will be available. They will not answer me. They clearly do not want the average fan to know and understand that there is a difference between what's on the ice and in stores. 

While true there are plenty of fans with questionable intelligence, most fans even with half a brain have 1 major priority when it comes to buying a jersey; price.  We are jersey freaks.  The average fan sees it as something to wear to the game and even spending $100 on it is a bit much for a lot of fans.  I know they cry poverty when they see the prices yet spend the $ for tickets, beer, food, etc at the stadium but that argument is in one ear out the other with them.  They really don't care.

Also I am 100% convinced most fans who say they cannot tell the difference between the real jerseys and the fake ones are either stupid, lying or blind.  They know something is amiss when they purchase a jersey for $30-50 when they retail for $200+.  Best part is that they both seem proud of it by declaring everyone else suckers for paying full price when in fact they are secretly embarrassed as they call these jerseys anything but fakes such as "China jerseys" and "wholesale jerseys."

Adidas caters to these people.  They know 99% of the fans don't care either way to make a big stink over it.  Most fans are fine with "close enough" and Adidas will keep laughing all the way to the bank knowing that.  Fans being duped by Adidas over a $200 a pop jersey is not a big deal, but raising $1 in ticket prices and hell gets raised.  Just the way it is.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if I even have an interest in owning one, but definitely curious if this is good... price almost seems too good, but the front logo is convincing...

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/AK-Bars-Kazan-2010-11-Alexei-Morozov-Pro-Russian-Hockey-Jersey-Light-52/272879954244?hash=item3f88e9a944:g:xh4AAOSwT6JZ2tTF

Edited by Van67
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2017 at 1:08 PM, mfitz804 said:

Yes you are wrong. They aren’t advertised as being made in Canada and you got what you paid for. Did you think suddenly what Reebok sold for $359 now cost $179 from a different division of the same company? Does that make even the slightest sense?

I paid 283.xx but thanks for playing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wore it to a game, said it was authentic was maligned and shown the Indonesian tag and was upset. I contacted NHL.com 11/4 and was told it can be returned if unworn.

They clearly market them as the authentic Reeboks were marketed so specifically need to state they are not made in Canada.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, e30cabrio said:

I paid 283.xx but thanks for playing.

That’s fine, you got it customized, not blank. You still paid far less than what they sold last year’s Canadian authentics for. 

I agree the advertising was deceptive, and those who don’t know/understand could be taken for a ride like you were. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s fine, you got it customized, not blank. You still paid far less than what they sold last year’s Canadian authentics for. 

I agree the advertising was deceptive, and those who don’t know/understand could be taken for a ride like you were. 

 

 

I paid 325 last year for the equivalent 100th anniversary Reebok with the 100th patch (not on the Adidas although on ice has it) so not far less at all. Do you work for Adida or the NHL? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now