It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, gwarjis said:

Fake fight strap, bubbly letters, price, stitching too tight, Reebok lining on the neck is a mess

That's all??

:)

43 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

I gotta say, Kevin, while it seems you collect EVERYTHING and it doesn't matter what team, you sure do have a knack for finding stuff on the lower end price wise. 

Keep me in mind if you run across any Devils deals!

On 2018-01-10 at 10:42 PM, LAK74 said:

A team-issued early 2000’s jersey.  Might even have been game-issued for Lemieux, as they used to write on the size tag the number of the player for whom the jersey was going to be customized.  If so, it would be for 2001-02, based on the size tag and the fact that Lemieux took back the captaincy that season.

What kind of CCM is this Mario?  Just an Airknit?  And any idea what a fair value of it would be?  Thanks!

Edited by lapp3r30

The material is airknit.  As is, which is to say a customized team-issued jersey, it’s probably worth around what you paid for it.  If you could actually prove it was game-issued for Lemieux, it could potentially be worth considerably more. There was a jersey just like this one which was claimed to be game-issued, and was auctioned just a few months ago for $583.

• 4 weeks later...

Had it for a while but check out  the Roenick i just added, on one sleeve the numbers are not even :-(  (2nd sleeve photo).... they are however even on the other (3rd and last sleeve photo),  and yet the 7 is slightly smaller than the 2... isn't that weird? How can that happen.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151706071@N04/?

How about the "E"  when did the hawks go from a E where all three lines in E was the same, to the E where the middle line was shorter?

https://www.comc.com/Cards/Hockey/1996-97/Upper_Deck_Collectors_Choice_-_MVP/UD18/Jeremy_Roenick/245207

And what else can you tell me about this jersey.  Is it good or not

B):unsure:

Edited by tomtucker

Those all star jerseys were never faked so your good to go.

6 hours ago, lapp3r30 said:

1 hour ago, OR68 said:

Those all star jerseys were never faked so your good to go.

Others may disagree, but having owned one for a brief moment once, I found that they run about a size smaller than a typical CCM jersey. Something to consider if you are planning on wearing it. 

Maybe that's why it's so inexpensive?

• 3 weeks later...

Look good..?? There is a pic of strap as well and looks fine. 

What year is this and how about the customization ?  I compared it to a GW and is a bit different. 

ad_1529042063896.jpg

ad_1529042067446.jpg

Uggh... Meant to put this in good or not. Sorry. Admin please delete and I'll move it. 

That jersey style and brand was used by Lemieux from 2000-04, but if you want accuracy with respect to the use of the Captain's "C" then you throw out 2000/01 because Jagr was still captain then, so Lemieux didn't wear the C until 2001/02.  The lettering looks practically spot-on for the 2003/04 season, except for a slight difference in the "M."  If you think the lettering is pretty off, you must have been looking at gamers from previous seasons (2000-03), because there were more differences then.  The holes in the sleeve numbers were a lot smaller, and the M was skinnier, among other things.

3 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

That jersey style and brand was used by Lemieux from 2000-04, but if you want accuracy with respect to the use of the Captain's "C" then you throw out 2000/01 because Jagr was still captain then, so Lemieux didn't wear the C until 2001/02.  The lettering looks practically spot-on for the 2003/04 season, except for a slight difference in the "M."  If you think the lettering is pretty off, you must have been looking at gamers from previous seasons (2000-03), because there were more differences then.  The holes in the sleeve numbers were a lot smaller, and the M was skinnier, among other things.

Thanks much!!! You ever sleep?? Lol. 

It’s only midnight here, haha.  And you’re welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Off topic but does anybody have a properly done Gretzky Blues jersey in their collection?  Need some help with the specs on it.

1 hour ago, TMLFAN said:

Off topic but does anybody have a properly done Gretzky Blues jersey in their collection?  Need some help with the specs on it.

Not sure if you’re a FB fan, but Shawn Chaulk just got one and I’m sure he wouldn’t mind helping you out with specs.