It is good or not?

lafountain

I've pretty much defaulted to avoiding any popular fake edge team/players so long as their tags dont have that white ID tag

That said, anyone want to take a stab at this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

My guess is that this is fake since the hem is missing the NHL crest, and I believe the vintage line has that crest. The seller is also selling some other fakes, but his vintage line Kings jersey looks solid, so I'm not 100% decided either way based on his stock.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a legit CCM Vintage replica with a lousy kit. Those didn't have the shield but did have the CCM patch on the hem like that. I've seen those around eBay a lot; even the pro versions BUT they're all air-knit and the Jets NEVER wore air-knit with that logo...only ultrafil.

That Selanne Jets is fake:

1) If it is indeed a real authentic jersey, WHY NO DOUBLE ELBOWS???

2) If it is indeed a real authentic jersey, THEN THERE SHOULD BE AN NHL SHIELD BESIDE THE CCM PATCH

3) If is is indeed a real replica jersey, THEN WHY THE NECK SIZE TAG IS A NUMERICAL SIZE TAG?

4) If is is indeed a real replica jersey, THEN WHY IS THERE A FIGHT STRAP?

Conclusion: Fake as authentic, fake as replica, fake all the way.

Man, with all those fakes around, makes me thinking whether I should quit the hobby for good....

I'm wondering about this jersey. I've compared it to the How to Spot a Fake thread and it stands the test until it gets to the Rbk stripe on the inside of the collar. It doesn't appear to have one. I haven't seen any WC jerseys in person so I don't know if they have them. I would assume they do. I'm also aware that there were no WC authentics (except for at the actual game, I think).

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SIMON-GAGNE-PHILLY-FLYE...=item53df64257d

Anyone know if this is legit?

I'm wondering about this jersey. I've compared it to the How to Spot a Fake thread and it stands the test until it gets to the Rbk stripe on the inside of the collar. It doesn't appear to have one. I haven't seen any WC jerseys in person so I don't know if they have them. I would assume they do. I'm also aware that there were no WC authentics (except for at the actual game, I think).

It appears to be a legit replica.

What are peoples thoughts on this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E:X:AAQ:US:1123

Do you think the 58 total is a fair price, or should I hold on until a better deal comes along?

I think it is if you dont mind stripping it.

I am generally not a fan of buying autographed merchandise on eBay. I will check the mini hockey stick I have signed by Gagne to see if the signatures match-up, but if you live in the area, it is actually pretty easy to get stuffed autographed, and then you know it's legit and a hell of a lot cheaper.

I'm also questioning the distance between the two numbers on the back and the length of the black nameplate. Numbers seem kind of far apart to me. The black number layer also seems to be thicker in the real one. Here is a picture of Gagne wearing the jersey.

gagnewinterclassic.jpg

Here is the eBay one.

gagneebaywcjersey.jpg

Upon further inspection, I'm pretty sure it's fake.

Edited by Pwood

I'm also questioning the distance between the two numbers on the back and the length of the black nameplate. Numbers seem kind of far apart to me. The black number layer also seems to be thicker in the real one. Here is a picture of Gagne wearing the jersey.

gagnewinterclassic.jpg

Here is the eBay one.

gagneebaywcjersey.jpg

Upon further inspection, I'm pretty sure it's fake.

To me it seems legit. RBK only made replicas for retail which are cut like the oldd 550 style jersey. It's just the back numbers that should have bigger oulines.

How does the customization look on this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-07-Anaheim-D...=item20af54bb81

To me it seems legit. RBK only made replicas for retail which are cut like the oldd 550 style jersey. It's just the back numbers that should have bigger oulines.

I agree - it's a replica with a bad customization job. As for the autograph, I have no idea but the seller seems legit, but I also don't do that autograph thing.

Totally legit and do nice work.

I know they're legit, but does the statement that they do nice work include their work for teams other than the Wings? Obviously, there's no way I'd go near NHL.com after I saw what they do to Premiers. Looking at the SportsK site, they do seem to be more than somewhat pro-Wings. Being that they're in Michigan, this doesn't exactly shock me, but EPS doesn't seem to offer this treatment to Hawks fans, nor does IJ for the Habs. For example the language: "Please allow 2 weeks for delivery, maybe less. All Red Wings Are Being Rushed. We will email you the status of your order. Thank You." on the Wings customization vs. the language for other teams: "Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery. We will email you the status of your order. Thank You."

I know they're legit, but does the statement that they do nice work include their work for teams other than the Wings? Obviously, there's no way I'd go near NHL.com after I saw what they do to Premiers. Looking at the SportsK site, they do seem to be more than somewhat pro-Wings. Being that they're in Michigan, this doesn't exactly shock me, but EPS doesn't seem to offer this treatment to Hawks fans, nor does IJ for the Habs. For example the language: "Please allow 2 weeks for delivery, maybe less. All Red Wings Are Being Rushed. We will email you the status of your order. Thank You." on the Wings customization vs. the language for other teams: "Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery. We will email you the status of your order. Thank You."

Man, you are reading waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much into everything!

They did up one of my Kovalchuk jerseys and I am quite happy with how it turned out, so while the Wings may be their biggest seller, they don't treat the other teams with lesser quality in their work.

Man, you are reading waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much into everything!

Ha no kidding,

Being that the store is based in Michigan and carries a large supply of Wings gear, I see nothing wrong with Catering towards Wings fan. Thats actually a pretty novel idea if you ask me. Atleast their not just flat out saying they wont do it.

They ony do nice work for the Red Wings items, everyone else gets cut out of cheesecloth with a butter knife and put on with scotch tape.

Sorry for posting again, my first post was not put at the right place:

I was looking at this Florida Panthers CCM Jersey and I was wondering if it could be a fake..

What do you guys think... the zigzag stitch under the collar labels looks a bit weird to me... But I am not an expert.

I know the pictures are not top quality but those are the only I have.

http://s973.photobucket.com/albums/ae220/m...ng&newest=1

http://s973.photobucket.com/albums/ae220/m...ng&newest=1

What do you guys think?

Thanks a lot!