Jersey You Wouldn't Be Caught Dead Wearing

Mach_9

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not a Pens fan as I am from Philly, but I knows a good comeback.... That my friend was a good comeback!

No. They can't fly to begin with, so technically the 3 stanley cup rings would drown them and kill them. Great job man, you killed your own team!

Now thats why they call it "sudden death" overtime.....?

Speaking of which, I would love to get the jersey that JCVD wore in that movie. He is one of the many actors to have worn that same jersey on the ice inside Mellon Arena.

No. They can't fly to begin with, so technically the 3 stanley cup rings would drown them and kill them. Great job man, you killed your own team!

Don't blame me. Blame Lemieux!

That no good SOB how dare he build great teams!

what nerve!

Now thats why they call it "sudden death" overtime.....?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

what nerve!

Not all of us fans can live with utter abysmal-ness for a decade to acquire enough 1, 2, and 3 overall draft picks to build a winnter. I respect Mario as the greatest player I have ever watched...but I disagree with how the Penguins have consistently built their franchise through losing, and despise how the NHL has anointed them as model franchise...last time I checked, model franchises don't go bankrupt...

You are lucky you have Mario Lemieux to bail out the franchise, or today we could very well be talking about how loaded the Kansas City Scouts are from all their high draft picks.

So in other words, I would never be caught dead wearing a Pens jersey and same goes for Devils, Rangers (lost a bet once and had to wear it for a photo though), and finally the Red Wings.

Not all of us fans can live with utter abysmal-ness for a decade to acquire enough 1, 2, and 3 overall draft picks to build a winnter. I respect Mario as the greatest player I have ever watched...but I disagree with how the Penguins have consistently built their franchise through losing, and despise how the NHL has anointed them as model franchise...last time I checked, model franchises don't go bankrupt...

You are lucky you have Mario Lemieux to bail out the franchise, or today we could very well be talking about how loaded the Kansas City Scouts are from all their high draft picks.

So in other words, I would never be caught dead wearing a Pens jersey and same goes for Devils, Rangers (lost a bet once and had to wear it for a photo though), and finally the Red Wings.

ouch. harsh but apt!

what nerve!

Confused xcdude here. Help me out here because I CLEARLY haven't kept up with the "New NHL" but when did Lemieux become the Penguins GM? All I thought he did was house Crosby...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too easy.... Actually I would not be caught wearing a Ranger's jersey, in Philly I might be dead.. Once I was ripped during a playoff game vs. the Senators wearing my Seidenberg Germany jersey. It seems some of our Philly fans thought the colors were a little too close to Ottawa's at the time. :unsure:

I previously had some teams as off limits in my collection, but my new plan is to get one jersey for each team in the league customized with a player who also played for the Rangers.

So far I've got 20 of the 30 teams. The hardest for me will be buying a Flyers jersey or Devils jersey, so I'll probably go with those last.

I previously had some teams as off limits in my collection, but my new plan is to get one jersey for each team in the league customized with a player who also played for the Rangers.

So far I've got 20 of the 30 teams. The hardest for me will be buying a Flyers jersey or Devils jersey, so I'll probably go with those last.

I know which ones you should get too!

Holik Devils

Blair Betts Flyers.

(figure out which one is the joke)

Capitals, Devils, Islanders, and Red Wings. I'd probably only wear a Rangers jersey if it was a Jagr, Messier, or a Mitchell and Ness Duguay.

These all mostly go back to the days of the great old Patrick Division: any Penguins, Flyers, Rangers, Devils, Islanders. All Red Wings ever since 1998 b/c of the Stanley Cup. Probably wouldn't actively seek out any from Panthers, Thrashers, Hurricanes, or Lightning, but would still wear one as I still haven't developed the same level of dislike for the Southeastern teams in the same way. Now to individuals: Jagr, Crosby, Malkin, Mario, Pat LaFontaine, Hextall, Brodeur, Terreri, Beezer, Barrasso- all pretty obvious as to why. Other individuals (for more specific painful memories: John MacLean (Game 7 1988 - Devils), Petr Nedved (4th OT in 1996* - this was actually in Game 5 not Game 7, but was probably just as painful as the LaFontaine goal other than that it was in Pittsburgh so I wasn't there - Pens), Joffrey Lupul (Game 7 OT in 2008 - Flyers) from any team they may have played on at any level, be it NHL, minors, juniors, college, or international. Now added to this list: Jaroslav Halak, same restrictions as the other individuals singled out above (although I'd bet that anyone who wants to sell one of his jerseys on EBay, here, or other places will now be able to get quite a bit more for it than they would have last week).

These all mostly go back to the days of the great old Patrick Division: any Penguins, Flyers, Rangers, Devils, Islanders. All Red Wings ever since 1998 b/c of the Stanley Cup. Probably wouldn't actively seek out any from Panthers, Thrashers, Hurricanes, or Lightning, but would still wear one as I still haven't developed the same level of dislike for the Southeastern teams in the same way. Now to individuals: Jagr, Crosby, Malkin, Mario, Pat LaFontaine, Hextall, Brodeur, Terreri, Beezer, Barrasso- all pretty obvious as to why. Other individuals (for more specific painful memories: John MacLean (Game 7 1988 - Devils), Petr Nedved (4th OT in 1996* - this was actually in Game 5 not Game 7, but was probably just as painful as the LaFontaine goal other than that it was in Pittsburgh so I wasn't there - Pens), Joffrey Lupul (Game 7 OT in 2008 - Flyers) from any team they may have played on at any level, be it NHL, minors, juniors, college, or international. Now added to this list: Jaroslav Halak, same restrictions as the other individuals singled out above (although I'd bet that anyone who wants to sell one of his jerseys on EBay, here, or other places will now be able to get quite a bit more for it than they would have last week).

So basically it can be summed up by saying .... Any jersey that is not a Capitals or capitals player jersey... :D

I literally screamed for joy the day the coyotes got rid of that weird tex mex picasso design they debuted with. Although when you sit high up in the arena, it kind of looks like a fox, not a coyote! Other than that, Id never wear an Islanders of any style or an NJ Devils. The 1994 Rangers were probably the best team story not made into a movie, and for that, Im always gonna be wearing broadway blue.

I literally screamed for joy the day the coyotes got rid of that weird tex mex picasso design they debuted with. Although when you sit high up in the arena, it kind of looks like a fox, not a coyote! Other than that, Id never wear an Islanders of any style or an NJ Devils. The 1994 Rangers were probably the best team story not made into a movie, and for that, Im always gonna be wearing broadway blue.

That's okay, the howling sound that they play over the PA is from a wolf and not a coyote.

I would never wear a Flyers,Red Wings, Blackhawks,Senators, OR Canadians jersey

boy the concensus seem to hate the Broad Street Bullies... (im from philly btw)

anyway

THE ONLY JERSEY I WILL NEVER WEAR is A DEVILS JERSEY>... BUT!!! i would make a exception if i could find the red a green devils jersey and ONLY THAT..

I guess this is acceptable to wear then...?

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2211345400106460649IAVOtr