Year End Jersey Collection Survey

Curry1fan

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know...2009 is not officially over. But we're only 18 days away from the end of it and I thought this would be a fun thing to do.

You can include jerseys that have not officially made it to your collection in your answers to this...as long as the jersey will be in your hands by the end of 2009.

So...here we go:

How many jerseys are in your collection (including those that you know you will be getting by the end of the year)?

20 as of right now, will likely be at 22-23 by the end of the year.

What was your favorite pick up in 2009 (or pickups)?

WBS Penguins 2008-2009 JM Daoust game worn warm up jersey, Pittsburgh Penguins Chris Kunitz home jersey with 2009 SCF patch (first Ice Jerseys purchase!), WBS Penguins 2008-2009 Adam Henrich game worn home jersey

Best jersey bargain this year?

Mario Lemieux Penguins pigeon head jersey for $17 and 2006-2007 Penguins away jersey for $25

Jersey you spent more on than you intended to?

Crosby 2007 NHL ASG

Did you get any jerseys for gifts and if so, which ones?

I might still get one for Christmas, but none for my birthday...bought everything myself

Did you find any of your "impossible to find" jerseys this year?

Yes, I just recently bought a WBS Penguins Christmas jersey after many lost bidding wars and daily Ebay searching

How many jerseys did you add to your collection in 2009?

15...I had a fairly limited collection before this year, so I'd say this was the year I started taking collecting seriously

Did you sell or trade any of your jerseys this year and if so how many?

No...I wanted to but put it off...looking to do that in 2010

How many of each kind of jersey (replica, authentic, game worn/issued) do you have in your collection?

15 replica, 2 game worn, 3 authentic

"Collection resolutions" for 2010?

I want to add more game worn jerseys and sell or trade some of the jerseys I no longer wear as much. I also want to purchase more patches for my jerseys and start adding jerseys from my other favorite teams (Anaheim, Buffalo, and Reading Royals)

Brilliant edit: I moved this to the Show and Tell forum.

Way way way way WAAAAAAY too many to remember.

I was thinking the same thing.

I can only answer 1 question:

Chicago Blackhawks:

• 2008-09 #19 Toews 3rd Authentic Reebok Edge 2.0

Detroit Red Wings:

• 2007-08 #26 Hudler Home Game Worn Set 1 Reebok Edge 1.0

Pittburgh Penguins:

• 2000-01 #82 Straka 3rd Game Worn Set 1 Koho

• 2008-09 #44 Orpik Home Game Worn Set 1 Reebok Edge 2.0

How many jerseys are in your collection (including those that you know you will be getting by the end of the year)?

Not one, but two authentic 1996 World Cup Team USA blue jerseys (one blank, one #19 Weight).

2008-09 New York Rangers #18 Marc Staal game-worn warmup jersey from Adam Graves night, 6100 cut, autographed by Graves. Got it for $420, it originally sold for around $1k.

Marc Staal Rangers Adam Graves night jersey (see above). I orignally went to purchase the $250 Korpikoski jersey from the same night, but I couldn't resist spending a bit more for the Staal.

No - I think friends and family are scared to buy me a jersey.

Finally got a Pens black Starter mesh game-issue from 1996-97.

Sold 10 jerseys, mainly replicas. Actually sold one that I later regretted and just happened to find it back on eBay again (from the person I sold it to) and I got it back for the price I sold it for.

How many of each kind of jersey (replica, authentic, game worn/issued) do you have in your collection?

18 replica, 82 authentic, 12 game worn (2 NHL gamers, 1 AHL gamer, 9 college gamers)

Get off my arse and get some of my many many blanks (60+) cutomized finally instead of just buying more blanks or jerseys to strip. Also stop slacking and put my full collection up online.

How many jerseys are in your collection (including those that you know you will be getting by the end of the year)? - 104 with 3 on the way.

What was your favorite pick up in 2009 (or pickups)? - Tie between Kris Draper 09 Cup and Rockies inaugural gamers.

Best jersey bargain this year? - No idea. Mogilny Sabres gamer for $800 maybe?

Jersey you spent more on than you intended to? - Again, no idea. Maybe MAYBE the Draper Finals one.

Did you get any jerseys for gifts and if so, which ones? - Nope. I've stated many times that if you don't know for sure, don't get it because I probably won't like the choice.

Did you find any of your "impossible to find" jerseys this year? - 1979-80 Nordiques inaugural NHL season gamer.

How many jerseys did you add to your collection in 2009? - HAHAHAHA! That number most likely went bye-bye in March.

Did you sell or trade any of your jerseys this year and if so how many? - I've sold way too many to recount.

How many of each kind of jersey (replica, authentic, game worn/issued) do you have in your collection? - 25 game-worn, 72 authentic, 7 replica. 3 gamers also on the way.

"Collection resolutions" for 2010? - Uhhh...buy more? Sell more? Either one of those works for me.

106 jersey and none on the way. I guess, that's it for this year

Chicago Blackhawks:

• 2008-09 #19 Toews 3rd Authentic Reebok Edge 2.0

Detroit Red Wings:

• 2007-08 #26 Hudler Home Game Worn Set 1 Reebok Edge 1.0

Pittburgh Penguins:

• 2000-01 #82 Straka 3rd Game Worn Set 1 Koho

• 2008-09 #44 Orpik Home Game Worn Set 1 Reebok Edge 2.0

I guess, that would be the Straka game worn.

None

No

No

Probably more than 15

There were quite a few but I don't know how many

2 Replicas, 1 Game Issued, 13 Game Worn and 90 Authentics

I hope to sell the ones, I have for sale over here in Germany.

How many jerseys are in your collection (including those that you know you will be getting by the end of the year)? - 17 with one on the way.

What was your favorite pick up in 2009 (or pickups)? - Tie between New York Rangers TBTC jersey 1986-87 LA Kings Jersey and Lauri Korpikosi Adam Graves Night warm up jersey.

Best jersey bargain this year? - Lauri Korpikoski Adam Graves night jersey for $250

Jersey you spent more on than you intended to? - New York rangers TBTC jersey.

Did you get any jerseys for gifts and if so, which ones? - Lauri Korpikoski Adam Graves night Jersey, LA Kings 86-87 jersey, Boston Bruins TBTC jersey (partly), Toronto Maple Leafs TBTC jersey (all deals brokered by me though).

Did you find any of your "impossible to find" jerseys this year? - 1986-87 LA Kings jersey and Rangers TBTC jersey.

How many jerseys did you add to your collection in 2009? - 9 or 10 (can't remember when I bought one exactly).

Did you sell or trade any of your jerseys this year and if so how many? - 2005-06 Colorado Avalance jersey.

How many of each kind of jersey (replica, authentic, game worn/issued) do you have in your collection? - 1 game-worn/warmup (on the way), 9 authentic, 7 replica. 1 chinese knockoff.

"Collection resolutions" for 2010? - Complete TBTC collection, get Naslund Sweden jersey, and of course rid myself of my knockoff.

I didn't add too many this year, about 7, so that puts me at 286. I paid too much for my home and away Lake Erie Monsters' authentic Edge jerseys with the "monster" logo, and for the premier replica Niagara IceDogs jersey. My biggest bargains was a pre-season game worn white IHL Los Angeles Ice Dogs, which filled a hole. I don't have anything on the way, and I'm not planning on adding anything in 2010, except, maybe, for some of the IIHF Olympic jerseys. I think the Edge/Premier program zapped away most of the fun of it for me.

Breakdown- Replica 211

Authentic-73

Game worn-2

178, including 6 on the way.

Karl Alzner Canada black authentic w/"C" (as worn at 2008 World U20's)

Alexander Kojevnikov 2004/2005 Greenville Grrrowl Game Worn

Teddy Kyres Moncton Wildcats black Game Worn

Steeve Villeneuve St. Hyacinthe Chiefs (LNAH) Game Worn - $52

Viktor Dovgan South Carolina Stingrays Game Worn

Nope. No one will contribute to my sickness!

Not really.

Too many!

Sold some, don't remember how many.

105 Authentic, 64 Game Worn, 9 Game Issued, 0 Replica

To sell more than I buy.

38, will be 39 by the end of the year, but with 7 or 8 of them away for customization.

I'd go with the game-issued 1997 World Championships Bruno Zarrillo Italy jersey I got from xunearthhxcx. This is the only game-issued jersey in my collection and was the first jersey with a fight strap I ever owned. Honorable mention goes to my two Devils authentics I picked up because the story behind them is kind of unique, as they were meant to be game-issued before the switch to the Edge program. You can see where the Meigray tag was removed. These are the only 6100 jerseys I own, so it felt good to finally grab one (or two!).

I got my team Ireland jersey for free because a few months after I ordered it I still had no jersey so I emailed the IIHA and they said it got lost in transit or something and they had to wait for the new shipment to come in before they can send me a new one, so I had to wait even longer. In the end, they sent me the new jersey and refunded the money so I got it for free.

Ah I don't think I really spent more on any jersey than I intended too actually.

Nope, but I plan on using some birthday and Christmas money I just got to pay for my next set of customizations.

Well for a while I was struggling to find a Devils 6100, but I don't know if I'd really call that impossible. I never would have thought of owning this Zarrillo jersey, but I wasn't actively trying to search for it so I don't know if that really counts. I guess the ones I want that I consider "impossible to find" really are too impossible haha.

I think 8: Zarrillo Italy, Ireland, 2 Devils authentics, late 90's CCM Devils replica, 1980 USA, 2002 USA, and 2002 MN Gophers

I sold my late 80s/early 90s vintage Leafs jersey to one of my teammates for I think $30.

33 replica, 2 authentic, 1 game-issued, and 3 that I don't really know how to classify...because they don't have fight straps or whatever but I think these may still be the same as the ones worn on the ice--my Ovechkin Dynamo, my Ireland jersey, and my USA IIHF InLine jersey

No idea, maybe to finally sell the same three jerseys I've been trying to sell for the past three years--a 1980 USA that is way too big for me, and my CCM factory-customized (therefore incorrectly customized) Elias and Brodeur jerseys.

How many jerseys are in your collection (including those that you know you will be getting by the end of the year)? - 53 jerseys (12 of which for sale), 6 incoming.

What was your favorite pick up in 2009 (or pickups)? - Rangers Liberty Pro Player.

Best jersey bargain this year? - Bruins Starter authentic, NWT for about $30.

Jersey you spent more on than you intended to? - Dominic "Dogs" D'Amour's Dayton Bombers gamer.

Did you get any jerseys for gifts and if so, which ones? - Nope.

Did you find any of your "impossible to find" jerseys this year? - Nope.

How many jerseys did you add to your collection in 2009? - Can't remember, a lot.

Did you sell or trade any of your jerseys this year and if so how many? - About 8 I think.

How many of each kind of jersey (replica, authentic, game worn/issued) do you have in your collection? - 33 Authentic, 16 Replicas, 4 Gamers. The 6 incoming are 4 authentic, 2 replica.

"Collection resolutions" for 2010? - Got a few:

1, Stop buying new ones and customize & patch my existing ones.

2, Have a nice argument with HM Revenue & Customs (or The Thieving Motherf*****s, as I like to call them) with regard to why I pay VAT on second hand goods I buy in US/Canada, but not on stuff I buy 2nd hand in the UK.

3, Sell the rest of my for sale ones.

4, Re-do my online pictures, way out of date now and the pics are shite.

probably 40-45, in the 50s if you include soccer

1978-79 Edmonton Oilers WHA Away Gretzky

Blackhawks TBTC sz48 for $100

Kings Away with small CCM

Nope

Lindros Authentic early 1990s Oshawa Generals

about 10 jerseys, really got more into it this year and dragged my cousin into it too (though he's more conservative)

Yes, some of the ones I bought to customize but now that I've lost my job, they're going out the door

All authentics

Complete the TBTC collection, still missing Rangers and Habs

Blackhawks TBTC sz48 for $100

Complete the TBTC collection, still missing Rangers and Habs

Nice job with the Hawks pickup! I've only seen a few out there. Keep searching on the Rangers they pop up, and man I've seen one Habs one and let it get away :(

I know what you mean on the TBTC collection, its my dream to get all 6 (I have 3).

48 at the moment with atleast one more coming probably more

Carolina Monarchs Authentic

Probably my Phoenix Coyotes Third Authentic Edge Thanks to LetsGoCaps

Phoenix Coyotes Desert Alternate Authentic

The Phoenix Coyotes Reebok 6100 White Authentic

Yes, the Carolina monarchs Authentic

16 at the moment with one more coming

I have been trying forever to unload a few for cheap.

35 replica, 13 authentic

Complete the Phoenix Coyotes Uniform History.