Jock tags on authentic Edge jerseys?

St. Patrick

I was on the Jersey express web site and noticed that they sell authentic edge jerseys with fight straps with the jock tag sewn on like the premiere's. Is this new? Or are they just selling premieres with fight straps?

I have no experience with the store you mention but fight straps on premiers are a good indication they are fake. You see alot of them on eBay. To my knowledge reebok has not and hopefully will not ever but a jock strap on an authentic. I would hope the store doesn't add fight straps to premiers.

Jersey Express is 100% legitimate and does not sell fakes. They used to produce jerseys for some ECHL teams.

Probably just using stock images of Premiers for advertisement. Lazy, but easier for them I guess.

And the only Edge authentics that had the jock tags were the 2007 All-Star jerseys when the game was played in Dallas. I took the jock tag off my Sakic and it looks way more like a hockey jersey now.

Thanks for the replies. I was reading the description on the Wild alternate and it mentioned a jock tag. Since it was on my black berry, I just wonder if it just meshed the two jersey descriptions together.

If you go to the individual teams on their site, the pictures of the authentic jerseys do not show a jock tag. Much ado about nothing.

Yeah, I've gone on several websites and the Edge jersey descriptions state that there is a jock tag. Just a mistake I'm assuming.

• 1 year later...

dennis whats the deal with you repping the "jock jerseys" site in your signature?

The dude is obviously a spammer. I think there was someone else previously who spammed the "jock jerseys" link.

The only thing that is confusing to me is that if you go to that site, they don't sell fakes - they all link to legit Amazon.com listings for jerseys.

Found this on the ShopNHL.com website which might be the cause of the confusion:

NHL Jersey buying guide

It states:

Premier: RBK/NHL Official licensed woven neck label and RBK/NHL jock tag with alpha sizing is applied to the lower left bottom of the jersey

Authentic: RBK/NHL Center Ice Authentic woven neck label and RBK/NHL Center Ice jock tag with numeric sizing is applied to the lower left bottom of the jersey

So I'd imagine that a lot of retailers have simply copied this information right from the NHL shops guidebook figuring that they would know best.

Once again, you guys amaze me with how quick you spot this stuff. I can see I have a long way to go to really get into this Jersey collecting stuff!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all, BE SAFE. (Sorry, that's the firefighter/paramedic in me talking)

Edited by fireparamed