Which Vintage NHL Jersey Do You Dream Of?

CryWolf

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three words:CALIFORNIA GOLDEN SEALS!!!!

(Any year would do after 1970!!!)

I hope they would make this jersey available!!!!

Three words:CALIFORNIA GOLDEN SEALS!!!!

(Any year would do after 1970!!!)

I hope they would make this jersey available!!!!

Agreed, the Seals need some love. They don't even have a M&N jersey.

Although they are scheduled to wear them again this season for one game, I'd like to see the Devils Christmas tree jerseys be made again as authentics in the CCM vintage line, becuase I don't think they'll make them for sale this year or if they do they'll only be replicas.

Devils05.png

Although they are scheduled to wear them again this season for one game, I'd like to see the Devils Christmas tree jerseys be made again as authentics in the CCM vintage line, becuase I don't think they'll make them for sale this year or if they do they'll only be replicas.

Devils05.png

:thumbsup:

That and the Blues jersey from pre-1994.

The 1990-91 Pittsburgh Penguins WHITE jerseys were never remade and I have no idea why not. It seems so obvious with Lemieux, Jagr and a pair of Stanley Cups.

I second the first year 76-77 Barons with the Ohio patches.

The New Jersey Devils 91-92 era red and green ones would be great, especially the red ones.

1987 NHL All-Star white jersey for both Gretzky and Lemieux.

1988 NHL All-Star Game home and away for both Gretzky and Lemieux.

1989 NHL All-Star Game home and away for both Gretzky and Lemieux.

1991-92 New York Rangers, Toronto Maple Leafs & Montreal Canadiens Turn Back the Clock jerseys. They remade Boston, Chicago and Detroit, but quit too soon.

If I were going to pick one, it would be the Penguins.

Oh good call Jeff - I didn't even think about All-Star jerseys ... I'd like to add the 1991-92 ones ...

(blank white one especially so I can make a Richter)

AllStar92.png

Some great feedback so far - thanks and keep it coming!

So, just to clarify, we are talking 550 replica style here. If including patches is possible, we will try to do that. Unfortunately, there just aren't enough fans out there willing to shell out for authentics (unlike many of the connaisseurs in this forum). I think we would also have to stick with NHL team jerseys that actually saw the light of day at some point. Our goal is really to find jerseys that would have high demand that CCM has just missed the boat on so far. It seems like the consensus so far is definitely a Cleveland Barons jersey with the Ohio state outline/sleeve numbers:

Barons1.png

Red or White though?

As far as Seals jerseys go, we have already offered both the home and away of this one over the past couple of years:

GoldenSeals1.png

I am thinking the late era teal/aqua would be cool:

GoldenSeals3.png

Other than that, it looks like there is some consensus for another Whalers jersey?

I don't like the Whale being remade. Ruins the integrity of the ones that are still out there IMO. I mean who has a legit Baron's jersey from that era? Same with the Seals. You CAN find Whalers jerseys, you CAN'T Find these jerseys. That's why I suggested the earlier NHL ones too.

Also, did the vintage line do a KC Scouts jersey? If not I'd like one of those, because I don't like Mitchell & Ness.

If you want to make the Barons one completely historically accurate, the logo on the front was screen-printed and the Ohio patches were twill.

In the meantime.....YAY! I had a good idea! Now I just need to go pull up this thread to show my wife that yes, I CAN be right at times!

I don't like the Whale being remade. Ruins the integrity of the ones that are still out there IMO. I mean who has a legit Baron's jersey from that era? Same with the Seals. You CAN find Whalers jerseys, you CAN'T Find these jerseys. That's why I suggested the earlier NHL ones too.

Also, did the vintage line do a KC Scouts jersey? If not I'd like one of those, because I don't like Mitchell & Ness.

I mean who wouldn't want one of these!

Scouts1.png

Either way, your still going to have the hardcore collectors that dont want a "Vintage" line jersey. Your always going to have someone that wants the real thing. I compare it to the debate about manufactures. Theres always someone whos going to want a Pro Player instead of a 6100. The vintage line will just straddle the market between someone that doesnt want to spend upwards of 200 dollars on a jersey and the casual jersey fan. You still have Vancouver Skates jerseys floating around, going for good prices even though they are on the vintage line i believe. Same with the Jets.

I am kind off torn. On one hand i would love to have Whalers Authentic either way but on the other i dont want one if its going to have the vintage tag or patch. So its a toss up and your going to have people like me that might swing towards the original.

As CryWolf said, these new vintage jerseys would be replicas in the 550 style. So even if they did remake the whalers or some other rare jersey, collectors will still covet the authentic version. If anything they may spark the interest of collectors to find an authentic of that style, driving prices up.

Barons RED!

The Barons in red please.

CCM remade some of the all-star jerseys and then the whole line seems to have been sidetracked by Reebok. There's some unfinished business there...

The Barons in red please.

CCM remade some of the all-star jerseys and then the whole line seems to have been sidetracked by Reebok. There's some unfinished business there...

Can I Haz Dis One Plz?

AllStar82.png