Kovalchuk on the move?

LIGHTNING_4

I read about this on one of my breaks at work and yesterday they were saying that Waddell had supposedly told Kovalchuk (or his agent) to be prepared to be gone by this weekend.

When I read that he had turned down a 12 year $101 million deal, I figured it was one of two things, he really wants out of Atlanta and is trying to price himself out of their reach or he really wants that kind of money. Realistically I don't see any team offering him that kind of deal in the offseason and I am guessing that despite what he has said, he wants out of the Thrashers organization. As much as I would like to see him stay, can you really blame him for wanting out.

So I guess the only question I have to answer is if he is dealt, which jersey of his new team do I get? Hoping if he is dealt though it is to a team that is scheduled to come to Dallas, I was really disappointed to see that both Atlanta and Buffalo were not coming to Dallas this season.

Kovy and Brodeur on the same team? pretty scary. wonder what Lou had to give up to get him...

the bummer is I'm seeing the Thrashers play this Wednesday, I was hoping I'd get to see one of his last games for Atlanta. oh well

Kovy and Brodeur on the same team? pretty scary. wonder what Lou had to give up to get him...

the bummer is I'm seeing the Thrashers play this Wednesday, I was hoping I'd get to see one of his last games for Atlanta. oh well

Heres an update from NHL.com

According to USA Today's Kevin Allen, Atlanta forward Ilya Kovalchuk and defenseman Anssi Salmela have been traded to the Devils in exchange for defenseman Johnny Oduya, right wing Niclas Bergfors, prospect Patrice Cormier and a 2010 first-round draft pick.

Additionally, the clubs will swap second-round picks in the 2010 Draft.

It has now been confirmed..via Nhl.com

Well I guess I am gonna be buying a New Jersey Devils jersey then. Just gotta figure out if I want Red or White.

Unfortunately though, the Devils already came to Dallas this season.

I wonder how long it will be till we see a Devils Kovalchuk jersey on Ebay..I would say in a few hours

And now the Devils roster on their official site shows him with 17 which isn't a surprise since the player they had wearing 17 is in the minors. So Kovy gets his number, so I am thinking White Devils jersey for the collection.

So I guess the only question I have to answer is if he is dealt, which jersey of his new team do I get? Hoping if he is dealt though it is to a team that is scheduled to come to Dallas, I was really disappointed to see that both Atlanta and Buffalo were not coming to Dallas this season.

Hold off on getting a Devil Kovy. The way Lou works, it's uncharacteristic of him to sign players to multiyear deals that Illya is looking for. News from the grapevine was Sather was heavy on looking to snatch him, but ultimately the asking price was too high so he opted to wait til the summer. Take it for what you will, but Sather always likes signing the brand names. It's going to be a challenge for him to move out cap hits though. So who knows.

Hold off on getting a Devil Kovy. The way Lou works, it's uncharacteristic of him to sign players to multiyear deals that Illya is looking for. News from the grapevine was Sather was heavy on looking to snatch him, but ultimately the asking price was too high so he opted to wait til the summer. Take it for what you will, but Sather always likes signing the brand names. It's going to be a challenge for him to move out cap hits though. So who knows.

I know he isn't likely to stay with New Jersey, the reason I will get one is I am a Kovalchuk fan and I have just about one of every other jersey he has worn, so this would be purely for the collection.

On another note, still haven't seen any Kovalchuk jerseys on ebay (thankfully) but there is a Devils Autographed Stick that states "Ilya signed this for me after a practice this season." So you just happened to have Kovalchuk sign a Devils stick earlier this season.

First thing I thought when I heard about this trade was "Laf'll have to buy another jersey". Been reading this forum too much :D

Some of you people know me too well.

When all the teams were in the running for him, I started putting together a list of which jersey for each team would be the best option. Then the Devils had to go and add themselves to the mix and win, they weren't on my original list.

I know he isn't likely to stay with New Jersey, the reason I will get one is I am a Kovalchuk fan and I have just about one of every other jersey he has worn, so this would be purely for the collection.

On another note, still haven't seen any Kovalchuk jerseys on ebay (thankfully) but there is a Devils Autographed Stick that states "Ilya signed this for me after a practice this season." So you just happened to have Kovalchuk sign a Devils stick earlier this season.

If you are talking about this stick

http://cgi.ebay.com/ILYA-KOVALCHUK-SIGNED-...=item2a049b7ef1

I am sure it was just a plan old stick and once Kolvachuck got traded he added a Devils Sticker on it

Im resigned to the fact that the Flyers will now finish no better than 3rd in the Atlantic Division

Something just looks so odd with this.

KovyDevils.jpg

Though, I am sure he will help the Devils out quite a bit. In fact, today I decided to wear my Devils jersey of another prolific scoring Russian player that the Devils once acquired. My Alexander Mogilny Devils jersey.

And they have started coming out..This isnt even a RBK

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-New-Jersey-Dev...=item23053d81a2

Something just looks so odd with this.

KovyDevils.jpg

I just realized I don't think I've ever seen an action photo of Kovalchuk where his mouth wasn't open :o

I just realized I don't think I've ever seen an action photo of Kovalchuk where his mouth wasn't open :o

Now that you have said that, I am gonna be looking at that on every Kovalchuk photo I see.

Also the fans in that photo look ever so excited to be at the game.

Atleast the older folks to the right side of the picture are going vintage with the matching christmas jerseys.

I think it should be a law that if you sit on the glass you should have some sort of team memorabilia on. Doesn't have to be memorabilia of the home team, but at least something hockey related.

I think it should be a law that if you sit on the glass you should have some sort of team memorabilia on. Doesn't have to be memorabilia of the home team, but at least something hockey related.

Or a law against young folks and their cell phones. Hate to sound old, but I can't stand when the teens are constantly on their twitters or Facebooks and the glare on their screens is in my face.

You're at a hockey game! Lay off phones for a few minutes why dontcha?