Let's see those new jersey design concepts!

CryWolf

I think we already have a few graphic artists on this board, so (graphic artist + hockey fan) = jersey design concepts.

If the Habs were to break tradition and offer an alternate jersey, what do you think it should look like? How about a spin on the LA Kings? Don't like the new Sabres or Ducks jerseys, well let's see what you would have proposed? Come on, post your designs!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can work on some designs except these past few days I've been sick, and havent been attending school. Lol. When I feel better, I'll get to work on some uniform designs and such.

A long time ago on some miscellaneous Red Wings forum, there was some "what if" fantasizing about a Wings third jersey. This is something I came up with:

altjersey_fb.jpg

Now that I look at it about 3 years later, I don't like the white at the end of the sleeves, as it just looks too out of place, but I wanted to throw the falcon image to pay tribute to Detroit's history (since a winged cougar makes even less sense).

Maybe then, Bill Wirtz will be convinced to show 'Hawks games on TV, huh? :D

Doubt it. That is a man who I would love to see sell the team. Hopefully a new owner would be willing to put money into the team and allow the fans in the area to see the team as well. Thank goodness for a salary floor as well otherwise his team would be Khabibulin and a bunch of minimum wage players.

Doubt it. That is a man who I would love to see sell the team. Hopefully a new owner would be willing to put money into the team and allow the fans in the area to see the team as well. Thank goodness for a salary floor as well otherwise his team would be Khabibulin and a bunch of minimum wage players.

They've got Havlat on a pretty high salary and he's tearing things up so far. I've got a poll about him in the Hot Stove discussion area. I'm not a Hawks fan, but I think that with their young talents and Havlat as a center piece, they might be moving in the right direction now.

These aren't mine, but I'm surprised no one has brought them up. Don't know if you've seen them, but John Slabyk designed these, and he almost won the bid for the Sabres new uniforms with them, before Reebok took over. They're pretty nice, and the majority of Sabres fans I've met agree that any of these logos would be a better fit than the new logo we've just recieved. I personally, wouldn't want to change the new jerseys, but I wouldn't mind a different crest. One way or the other, though, this is some impressive work.

http://www.newblueandgold.com/old/logos.html

http://www.newblueandgold.com/old/jerseys.html

http://www.newblueandgold.com/logos/

http://www.newblueandgold.com/uniforms/

The reason I'm bringing it up tonight is that Martin Biron finally revealed his new mask (it had been delayed in arriving from wherever it was being painted and so he was wearing a pure white one) and it turns out he has one of these logos on the helmet (and I believe some word mark from these designs as well. He does have the new Sabres official logo as well, but it brings up an interesting question about how the players feel about the new logo, and how management might feel about Biron using an alternate not associated with the team...

I believe logo alt01 from the first link is the one on his helmet.

Here is the helmet... http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h91/Ugly...k1/IMG_1463.jpg

These aren't mine, but I'm surprised no one has brought them up. Don't know if you've seen them, but John Slabyk designed these, and he almost won the bid for the Sabres new uniforms with them, before Reebok took over. They're pretty nice, and the majority of Sabres fans I've met agree that any of these logos would be a better fit than the new logo we've just recieved. I personally, wouldn't want to change the new jerseys, but I wouldn't mind a different crest. One way or the other, though, this is some impressive work.

http://www.newblueandgold.com/old/logos.html

http://www.newblueandgold.com/old/jerseys.html

http://www.newblueandgold.com/logos/

http://www.newblueandgold.com/uniforms/

The reason I'm bringing it up tonight is that Martin Biron finally revealed his new mask (it had been delayed in arriving from wherever it was being painted and so he was wearing a pure white one) and it turns out he has one of these logos on the helmet (and I believe some word mark from these designs as well. He does have the new Sabres official logo as well, but it brings up an interesting question about how the players feel about the new logo, and how management might feel about Biron using an alternate not associated with the team...

I believe logo alt01 from the first link is the one on his helmet.

Here is the helmet... http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h91/Ugly...k1/IMG_1463.jpg

Those all look real good and would have been a better choice than the slug.

Those all look real good and would have been a better choice than the slug.

Yeah, I would kill to see one of those on the front of the jersey we have right now. I'm going to be getting one of the new jerseys this year, but if we ever switch to this crest, I might just see I can have the crest removed from the jersey I buy and have the new one added. I love the jerseys, but those logos are far superior.

Edit: I'd like to see the one from my signature! But in that pic of Pominville, the way his arms block the logo... when the logo isn't visible, I thin that's the nicest jersey in the league right now. Honestly. It looks so good on the ice.

Yeah, I would kill to see one of those on the front of the jersey we have right now. I'm going to be getting one of the new jerseys this year, but if we ever switch to this crest, I might just see I can have the crest removed from the jersey I buy and have the new one added. I love the jerseys, but those logos are far superior.

Edit: I'd like to see the one from my signature! But in that pic of Pominville, the way his arms block the logo... when the logo isn't visible, I thin that's the nicest jersey in the league right now. Honestly. It looks so good on the ice.

From all the negative reaction, you have to wonder how long it will be before the Sabres consider changing their look again. I am not sure if there are league rules as to how often a team can change their jerseys or logos (Minor League Baseball has a 3 year requirement before any changes can be made once a change is made).

From all the negative reaction, you have to wonder how long it will be before the Sabres consider changing their look again. I am not sure if there are league rules as to how often a team can change their jerseys or logos (Minor League Baseball has a 3 year requirement before any changes can be made once a change is made).

Well if you remember, when the Islanders killed the fisherman, they originally kept the jersey the fisherman had been on, but reverted to their original logo. That's exactly what I'd like to see happen here. Keep the new jersey, but the logo's gotta go. I think it only took the Isle's one year to do that. Not sure about the rules, but maybe sine the logo is already on our third it would be acceptable, since it wouldn't be "introducing a new logo".

THE ORIGINAL SABRES LOGO & JERSEY CONCEPT!

Guys, I'm not sure if I should really be revealing this, but this was the concept that the Sabres came very close to going with before some last minute changes resulted in the modified version which they now use.

Take a look and let me know what you think:

http://www.icejerseys.com/aw_images/sabres-concept1.jpg

B)

THE ORIGINAL SABRES LOGO & JERSEY CONCEPT!

Guys, I'm not sure if I should really be revealing this, but this was the concept that the Sabres came very close to going with before some last minute changes resulted in the modified version which they now use.

Take a look and let me know what you think:

http://www.icejerseys.com/aw_images/sabres-concept1.jpg

B)

Aw, Wolf. You know exactly how to make us feel good about what we actually ended up with... Although, I think with that there would have at least been less confusion as to what the logo actually is.

Aw, Wolf. You know exactly how to make us feel good about what we actually ended up with... Although, I think with that there would have at least been less confusion as to what the logo actually is.

Yeah, the example shows that in all reality it could have been worse. Though I am not sure how much worse.

Yeah, the example shows that in all reality it could have been worse. Though I am not sure how much worse.

Sorry guys - I just couldn't resist ;). I felt poking a little fun at our Sabres fans would cut the tension of "logogate' a little bit!

Sorry guys - I just couldn't resist ;). I felt poking a little fun at our Sabres fans would cut the tension of "logogate' a little bit!

As much as I think the jerseys just look better with the modernized old crest than with the new logo, the argument I've been making with most of my fellow sabres fans has been that as much as the logo is important in it's functions as the team's representation, the determining factor in whether or not a jersey overall is successful is not just the logo. There are plenty of teams whose logos I don't particularly like but whose jerseys I will gladly wear, either because the logo has been there forever and is traditional, or because the rest of the jersey more than makes up for the less than impressive insignia. In my opinion, this is the case with the new Sabres jerseys, as I feel the color combination, and overall layout really work well together and bring all of the sweaters good qualities to the forefront. The colors are especially vibrant and I feel that the jersey itself, uncrested, would be one of the nicest in the league if you compared them each to one another. I'd love to see the look perfected by adopting a better crest, but I tend to not notice the logo at all when the guys are on the ice, and I'm more than eager to wear the jersey, regardless of whether or not the logo agrees with me. When the guys are in action, they just look very modern, sleek, and sharp. I feel that not only is the new look a good step towards a more modern look for the NHL, but that it compliments the Sabres team in particular, being young, fast, and somewhat flashy. The most modern team in the NHL (most well adapted to the new NHL?) has the most modern looking jerseys.

In all reality, we may gripe and complain about the logo, but there are always situations that could be worse. I am sure out of all the fans out there, there are many others that don't like the way their team looks either. If this is what the Sabres choose to keep for the next 10 years, then we will learn to accept it, mainly because we will have no choice. In a year or two, I will probably not care as much as I do now. This is not the first time that I have not liked the look of something on the jersey of a team I cheer for. Not sure how many basketball fans we have, but I am a Sonics fan as well and when they switched to jerseys that were mostly red I disliked them quite a bit. I am glad they changed it, but after a year or two I learned to accept it because that was the image of the team I cheered for. The same will go for the Sabres no matter what the jersey or logo looks like.

...I feel that not only is the new look a good step towards a more modern look for the NHL, but that it compliments the Sabres team in particular, being young, fast, and somewhat flashy. The most modern team in the NHL (most well adapted to the new NHL?) has the most modern looking jerseys.

Well said - I couldn't agree more. They looked scary fast in the white jerseys at the Bell Center on Monday. As much as I love the vintage (alternate) jersey, that team looks more intimidating and fast in the new unis. I think the jersey construction totally emphasizes the new direction of the NHL towards movement, flash, speed and excitment. They unfortunately just missed the mark with the logo - which they could have used as the link to the past with a fresh new look.

In all reality, we may gripe and complain about the logo, but there are always situations that could be worse. I am sure out of all the fans out there, there are many others that don't like the way their team looks either. If this is what the Sabres choose to keep for the next 10 years, then we will learn to accept it, mainly because we will have no choice. In a year or two, I will probably not care as much as I do now. This is not the first time that I have not liked the look of something on the jersey of a team I cheer for. Not sure how many basketball fans we have, but I am a Sonics fan as well and when they switched to jerseys that were mostly red I disliked them quite a bit. I am glad they changed it, but after a year or two I learned to accept it because that was the image of the team I cheered for. The same will go for the Sabres no matter what the jersey or logo looks like.

Well put. That's the other point that I forgot to mention. Buffalo fans hated the charging Buffalo head when we first made the change to black/red/white (not to mention they hated the change of colors - and I'll admit blue/white/gold is much better for us - it gives us much more identity, as opposed to the myriad black/red teams/white teams in the league). We called it the "Angry Goat Head" right up until the day we changed back to blue and gold. Now we despise this new logo too, and call it the "Slug". By the time we changed back to blue and gold, however (10 years black/red/white) the fans loved the "goat head" and didn't want to see it go. If the new logo sticks around, there will someday be a generation of Sabres fans sad to see it go, when it's time comes. I think the biggest problem here has been that management originally annoucned this years change as a "return" to the blue and gold of old. I'll bet the wording did a lot to contribute to the fans belief (and subsequent outrage when they saw the new logo) that we'd be returning to something much like our original logo as well. Most of us feel that the addition of the third jersey was only a last minute compromise to appease the myriad angry fans.

Well said - I couldn't agree more. They looked scary fast in the white jerseys at the Bell Center on Monday. As much as I love the vintage (alternate) jersey, that team looks more intimidating and fast in the new unis. I think the jersey construction totally emphasizes the new direction of the NHL towards movement, flash, speed and excitment. They unfortunately just missed the mark with the logo - which they could have used as the link to the past with a fresh new look.

Spot on. That's exactly how I feel about it. The tie between new and old. I do like the new jersey cut and construction though. Imagine when we'll see Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, Kopitar, Kovalchuk, Zherdev and the handful of other incredibly dynamic players that will make up the NHL's future tearing down the ice in them? It's a change I'm ready to embrace.

As much as I'd like to see a different logo on the jerseys, things like this (which are literally devouring the Sabres message boards) are just becoming more and more abnoxious to me everyday. For many of the members there, protesting the "slug" has become more than making their voice heard. It's something very near to an obsession already.

http://www.hatethelogolovetheteam.com/

Sitting outside of Sabres fandom, it just seems like something the Buffalo fans do -- create their own Web sites to protest something they don't like about the team. And I'm not saying this as a criticism, just an amused observation.

Case in point: nogoal.com ;)

Sitting outside of Sabres fandom, it just seems like something the Buffalo fans do -- create their own Web sites to protest something they don't like about the team. And I'm not saying this as a criticism, just an amused observation.

Case in point: nogoal.com ;)

I find that whole situation quite funny even as a fan of the team. All those fans saying that the refs and Bret Hull cost them the Cup. No they didn't. They may have cost the a Chance at the cup, but not the Cup itself. Game would still have been tied in the 3rd OT had it been no goal. They still would have to have won Game 6 and then gone onto win Game 7. I didn't like the call, and of course I didn't like the result, but to say that it cost the Sabres the cup is just stupid.