Let's see those new jersey design concepts!

CryWolf

I find that whole situation quite funny even as a fan of the team. All those fans saying that the refs and Bret Hull cost them the Cup. No they didn't. They may have cost the a Chance at the cup, but not the Cup itself. Game would still have been tied in the 3rd OT had it been no goal. They still would have to have won Game 6 and then gone onto win Game 7. I didn't like the call, and of course I didn't like the result, but to say that it cost the Sabres the cup is just stupid.

The more I interact with Sabres fans as a whole, the less pride I take in associating with them sometimes. I shouldn't really say that, as it's too broad a generalization, but that's how they make me feel sometimes.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The more I interact with Sabres fans as a whole, the less pride I take in associating with them sometimes. I shouldn't really say that, as it's too broad a generalization, but that's how they make me feel sometimes.

Sadly I have to agree somewhat. Seems many of the local fans are the worst too as they have to see it everyday. Seems like the out of town fans are the ones that are the most level headed. Though I know there are out of town fans that are just as bad, and there are local fans who are nothing like the rest.

Sadly I have to agree somewhat. Seems many of the local fans are the worst too as they have to see it everyday. Seems like the out of town fans are the ones that are the most level headed. Though I know there are out of town fans that are just as bad, and there are local fans who are nothing like the rest.

Yep. Always exceptions, but I still just get overwhelmed and fed up by some of the ridiculous antics that I see.

Yep. Always exceptions, but I still just get overwhelmed and fed up by some of the ridiculous antics that I see.

Yeah, but Sabres fans may be bad as a whole, but there are fans like that for every team out there. There are Devils fans who are still upset the Giguere won the Conn Smythe despite the fact that the Devils won the Cup. They just don't seem to be as vocal as Sabres fans.

Yeah, but Sabres fans may be bad as a whole, but there are fans like that for every team out there. There are Devils fans who are still upset the Giguere won the Conn Smythe despite the fact that the Devils won the Cup. They just don't seem to be as vocal as Sabres fans.

No one's ever going to be completely satisfied, I guess...

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Resurrecting this one because I was inspired to do a third for the Red Wings, and make a correction that I think should have been made for Nashville.

Detroit's is based on one of their vintage looks, but with the ever so slight modern touch of shoulder logos. For Nashville, I wanted to see what the road-white would look with more striking contrast, so I changed the yoke to blue and used the silver in the sleeves themselves.

Resurrecting this one because I was inspired to do a third for the Red Wings, and make a correction that I think should have been made for Nashville.

Detroit's is based on one of their vintage looks, but with the ever so slight modern touch of shoulder logos. For Nashville, I wanted to see what the road-white would look with more striking contrast, so I changed the yoke to blue and used the silver in the sleeves themselves.

That is a neat looking Detroit vintage jersey.

Yeah I saw that over there. It caught my eye immediately. I like it. It's got that good old school feel to it. I still love those Transformers ones you did too!

• 10 months later...

For my old timers team, i created a design based on the Moscow Dynamo's jerseys from mid-late 90's here they are. I re-colored and added our own logo. They were actually manufactured bt Lutch via Terry Elkins Global Hockey. Unfortunately he's no longer in business and I don't think i'll be able to get more as players move on to other things or leagues...

PhantomsHome_Away.gif

Above the logo, it says Calgary in Russian. The white jersey is the final edition of the logo, so the Russian Calgary is above the logo and not integrated

I'll add actual photos later.

For my old timers team, i created a design based on the Moscow Dynamo's jerseys from mid-late 90's here they are. I re-colored and added our own logo. They were actually manufactured bt Lutch via Terry Elkins Global Hockey. Unfortunately he's no longer in business and I don't think i'll be able to get more as players move on to other things or leagues...

PhantomsHome_Away.gif

Above the logo, it says Calgary in Russian. The white jersey is the final edition of the logo, so the Russian Calgary is above the logo and not integrated

I'll add actual photos later.

Wow- those are some logos on the armpits- really like the general concept of patches there.

Wow- those are some logos on the armpits- really like the general concept of patches there.

They are part of the original Moscow Dynamo design, here is the jersey in action (well sort of):

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0495a.jpg

Thanks for the action photos! :thumbsup: I really like the overall look of the jersey but especially how those patches work on the front with the striping.

Thanks for the action photos! :thumbsup: I really like the overall look of the jersey but especially how those patches work on the front with the striping.

The jerseys are dye sublimated, it allows for awesome detail. it's the wave of the future. I'm not sure why the NHL hasn't gone to it yet. The jerseys are so much lighter and you can do many things that you just can't do with patches. The jerseys were custom made by Lutch, the makers of the Russian League jerseys.

:skaterred:

The jerseys are dye sublimated, it allows for awesome detail. it's the wave of the future. I'm not sure why the NHL hasn't gone to it yet. The jerseys are so much lighter and you can do many things that you just can't do with patches. The jerseys were custom made by Lutch, the makers of the Russian League jerseys.

:skaterred:

That's a good point, but I just like the feel of a jersey with patches. I've never actually played in one, but as a fan it just feels more like a hockey jersey when stuff is sewn on rather than it being one continuous garment.

That's a good point, but I just like the feel of a jersey with patches. I've never actually played in one, but as a fan it just feels more like a hockey jersey when stuff is sewn on rather than it being one continuous garment.

I can't really disagree with you there. One good thing about the sublimation process is that the color never fades. I've had an Ovechkin Moscow Dynamo jersey for 5 years now I think. I wear it when I play out at pickup, the tags inside are are all worn out so you can't see them anymore, but the color of the jersey is still the same as the day i got it. Vancouver actualy used a hybrid, sublimated jersey with cresting when they did their third jersey a few years ago, the jersey was red at the top and "faded"into blue at the bottom, it was a really good look and was awesome with the cresting. If the NHL doesn't go straight to sublimated I could see some more teams doing a hybrid like that..

• 1 year later...

hey guys im new to the forum and here is my concept of the swiss national team jersey:

swissjerseyiihf.png

swissjerseyiihfaway.png

Thx to fh! for jersey template

Edited by altorchio

So here are a couple of Av's Alternates concepts I did, they're terrible and in Paint...but just imagine.

avsthird.jpg

avsnewthird.jpg

• 5 months later...

I think these are great! How are you all creating them? I see mention of "templates" above... where can I get these?

Paul

www.PensJerseys.com

Edited by Paul

• 8 months later...