NHL Team Customizers

I'm not positive that it was all CSL.

I know that the first WC jersey was felt numbers (not sure if they were twill on the regular third though). The Stadium Series was twill, and I know that the 2015 one was done by CSL.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'll have time to find out. JB has one more of the 56 Ducks throwbacks and I'm probably going to snag that as my big purchase for the coming month. The Hawks jerseys can wait.

Well, I'll have time to find out. JB has one more of the 56 Ducks throwbacks and I'm probably going to snag that as my big purchase for the coming month. The Hawks jerseys can wait.

I have a 54 Selänne for sale. PM me if you're interested.

Definitely agree with Angelo regarding EPS's workmanship and accuracy. They are still my general customizer of choice, but I would not use them for a 90's Hawks. I had 2 90's Hawks done by them, and their letters are too skinny, and some of the numbers have some minor issues as well.

Mad delay on the response here, but who would you suggest using for a 90's Hawks jersey then? At this point I'm thinking of trying my local shop (River City Sports) to see if they have anything close to the old lettering & nameplate. Then again they did just start shutting a few stores down and have liquidated a ton of inventory, I'm guessing that won't be an option.

Twill. (Unless I'm not understanding your question?) That beige they use has a nice sheen to it.

No, you understood me just fine. I just wanted to be sure that I didn't have to find someone who can use a material other than twill (like felt, possibly) since the jersey was meant to be a retro-esque design. Edited by TheKevinShow

Did CSL do the Hawks' two WC and two SS jerseys? Also, were the numbers on the first WC/third jersey and the two SS jerseys anything other than the Hawks' standard layered twill?

I'm planning on picking up another Hawks jersey from JB and I'll be sending it and my white off to CSL.

Twill is also the answer for these. All of the work I've seen out of CSL for the four outdoor game jerseys has looked good to me.

Mad delay on the response here, but who would you suggest using for a 90's Hawks jersey then?

I haven't actually found anyone yet who can do them exactly like the originals. But if anyone could, I'd say Keener. I'm also waiting to see what happens with mdwsta4's jerseys at CSL. See his thread in the NHL section if you haven't already:

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=7820

Who is the best option for US Olympic jerseys?

I've used EPS for them in the past, they have gotten mine perfect. They even have the correct nameplate material for a white 1998 Team USA, should that be the one you are inquiring about.

I wonder how you would know that... :P

Someone else will need to chime in, however, about whether the name should be heat pressed only or sewn, as I do not know that info. I know there were years where they were only heat pressed, and 1998 may be one of them.

If you don't request otherwise, EPS will sew it. I prefer that and would probably do it anyway even if it wasn't accurate, but that, of course, would be up to you.

Asking on behalf of an acquaintance: is Action Spot Sports the Sharks' customizer? I noticed that someone mentioned it in a comment here but I've gotten conflicting information elsewhere.

I wish I could remember where I saw it.

Then again, it was only a passing comment so I don't even know why I'm considering it.

Action Spot Sports does the Sharks jerseys, yup. They're right up the street from me.

Sportshaven Pro Shop is the team letterer and is pretty quick- a few weeks to less than a month. EPS doesn't use the right shiny twill, so I would avoid them for that reason alone.

On EPS' website (exclusivepro.com), you can see samples of their work for all NHL teams. On the Islanders' page, some of the jersey/font style dates are not entirely accurate, but the style and font you want is listed as 2002-07. Looking at their photo of the Bossy jersey (which is of course a foul), the back numbers have layers which appear a bit too thick, especially the orange one. Because of the excessive thickness, the notches in the 2's are the wrong shape. I don't know for sure if they letter all jerseys from the 1998-2007 era as pictured, but despite the fact that I like EPS a lot, and I've had them letter around 50 of my jerseys, I don't think I would take a chance on them based on that photo, especially since the original team customizer, Cutting Edge Sports, is still around.

In this photo of a 1999-2000 gamer, you can see the stamp indicating that Cutting Edge was the team letterer, and also that the numbers are definitely kiss-cut. I should add that there seems to be one oddball season, 2005-06, in which the Islanders did use that thicker font (similar to the one in the EPS photo), and the numbers were stacked for that year. But as far as I know, in all the other seasons from 1998-2007, the numbers appear to be kiss-cut, and with the thinner borders.

image_zpszum2r0mv.jpeg

If it were my jersey, I'd go with Cutting Edge.

Edited by LAK74

Well, the 2008 Cup patch is for the 2007-08 season, during which every team wore 1.0's, at least for a while. The Wings switched to 2.0's before the end of the season, but I don't know if there were any "holdout" players who continued to use the 1.0 even during the playoffs. The few 2008 SCF Wings gamers of which I've seen detailed closeups were all 2.0's, so I'd say you're pretty safe.

Photos of Osgood in the SCF show double elbows and airknit, so it's definitely 2.0.

I didn't get a response to this when I originally posted it, but it was recommended that I send my USA jerseys (one replica, one authentic) to EPS. The replica 2014 jersey is probably going to be in my next set sent to them. Is there anything else I need to include in my request for that jersey?

Customize my USA navy jersey size XL with SWEENEY #13 with alternate captain's "A", kiss cut and with a heat-pressed-only name.

I usually specify the correct material to be used for the nameplate, if they used nameplates. I don't know the 2014's well enough.

Personally, if I were doing a replica, I'd sacrifice a little accuracy and have my name sewn. It's never going to be 100% accurate since it's already a replica.

But I understand that's a personal preference.

You may have a point there.

They definitely used nameplates on the white jerseys and I'm sure they did on the blues. This picture isn't as clear but that looks like a nameplate to me.

Now the question becomes what material would be the best fit for that replica. The tags don't give any indication of what direction to go in besides mentioning that the jersey is 100% polyester.

Edited by TheKevinShow

• TMLFAN unpinned and locked this topic