Board Upgrade

CryWolf

As you can tell, we have upgraded to a new version of the IJ Bulletin Board. It is a bit of a work in progress, but we are hoping it will help minimize some of the spam issues, as well as offer many new features (none of which I have explored yet!). Please bear with us as we implement the change over the next few days. in the meantime, start exploring the new features, and if anyone notices something interesting, please let us all know.

Thanks!

CW

Love the upgrade, the only thing that isn't working for me (that kind of bugs me) is when other members show posts with "quoted" material the quote box does not show up. Gets kind of confusing to me. Otherwise its great!

The only issue I'm having...well, it's not even an issue...it's just a feature that the old board had, is the lack of a Top button at the left of the page that automatically brought you back up to the top of the page for an easy refresh. Is there any way to get this function on this style?

One thing I would like to have back is that when we click on a link a new window/tab automatically pops up instead of having to go back and forth.

Love the upgrade, the only thing that isn't working for me (that kind of bugs me) is when other members show posts with "quoted" material the quote box does not show up. Gets kind of confusing to me. Otherwise its great!

I think this is only an issue with old posts not transitioning with a quote box after the upgrade. Moving forward, all new quotes should include a box like the one in this post.

The only issue I'm having...well, it's not even an issue...it's just a feature that the old board had, is the lack of a Top button at the left of the page that automatically brought you back up to the top of the page for an easy refresh. Is there any way to get this function on this style?

I do see a link at the bottom left of the page that says 'Back to top'. Is that the one you mean?

One thing I would like to have back is that when we click on a link a new window/tab automatically pops up instead of having to go back and forth.

Most links seem to popup in a new window (for example the link to your jersey collection). It might depend on how the link was originally added. I do see that when I tried to add a new link through the 'insert link' option, it didn't open a new window. I will look into this issue. Thanks!

Most links seem to popup in a new window (for example the link to your jersey collection). It might depend on how the link was originally added. I do see that when I tried to add a new link through the 'insert link' option, it didn't open a new window. I will look into this issue. Thanks!

Most of the signatures do pop up in a new window. It may very well be in the insert link function. My signature for example has the actual html code instead of the usual message board code.

Both of the outstanding above issues have been fixed:

1) All old posts now show their quote boxes

2) Links created through the 'Insert Link' tool now open a new window

Thanks for bringing these items to my attention. Hopefully by now people are becoming more accustomed to the new version of the board. Let me know if there is anything else.

Thanks!

When adding a reply, there is so much stuff below the text box that the button you click to add your reply cannot even be seen, even on my monitor. Can the page perhaps be reconfigured to move the seldom used attachment box and options box under the add reply button? Even if the add reply button is part of the options section, could that be located above the attachments section?

When adding a reply, there is so much stuff below the text box that the button you click to add your reply cannot even be seen, even on my monitor. Can the page perhaps be reconfigured to move the seldom used attachment box and options box under the add reply button? Even if the add reply button is part of the options section, could that be located above the attachments section?

I don't think we can really control that aspect of the layout.