How to spot a fake jersey!

Fortunately for you, Hawks jerseys are currently available for retail in Edge 2.0's, both road and away. Some teams don't have any of their jerseys available as 2.0's. So there's no reason for you to waste your money on the Indonesian-made Edges, except possibly to save some dough, if that even matters to you. The way I see it, it makes little sense to cut corners on cost if you're just going to end up with something that's not the real deal anyway.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2.0's IMO are sturdier and I prefer their fit vs. the 1.0's. The sewing should be the same between the two.

Just found your amazing site while searching for Edge 2.0s and was wondering,

I own a White #11 Alfredsson Edge 1.0 Jersey and love it :D

A couple days ago, I received and invite to the Sens Vs Devils game :) and while there purchased an Authentic Home Jersey at the Sens Store (I believe it is a Edge 2.0) for a great deal (was fan appreciation night + season ticket holder discount :D for a total of 40% off)

Now, I noticed that it seems that the team has gone back to air mesh vs the other material in 1.0s (I kind of prefer the 1.0 material :S) although I wanted to double check if this is an Authentic or an Indo-Edge, as the material itself feels close (almost like a hybrid between the old 1.0 Edge material and current Replica material)

I believe it is an Authentic and not an Indo Edge, but wanted to make sure as this is my second Jersey :) and first with air mesh.

Here are the pictures, any help is greatly appreciated on your opinions :)

DSCN8897_zpsa82dfe7b.jpg

Tag:

DSCN8898_zps32503683.jpg

Stich:

DSCN8899_zps4ccbad3e.jpg

Fight Strap:

DSCN8896_zpsc2983f55.jpg

If the links need to be edited or changed, please let me know :)

Thank you all for any help,

Igor :)

Edited by Rogi

You have a 2.0, the real authentic (not an Indo). Enjoy!

Thank you both for your expert opinion :)

It was just a shock with the change in material vs the 1.0 :D and I wanted to be sure :D:)

Great thing about the 2.0 is less sweat :D vs the 1.0 Jersey :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I need a little help. I started collecting jerseys a while ago and I would like to know how to spot a fake 2002 Salt Lake City Olympic jersey...if they do indeed exist. Has anyone seen one and post some pics or lead me in the right direction?

I know how to spot fake CCM, Reebok and Nike 2010 Team Canada's within seconds, but these 2002's I'm just not sure.

I am trying to get a jersey from every player on the team that golden year, and have it signed. I'm interested in size XL replicas and size 52 pros. So far I've found:

Curtis Joseph 52 pro white signed

Martin Brodeur XL red alternate replica signed Steiner

Rob Blake XL white replica signed JSA

Vinnie Lecavallier 2004 World Cup signed

Mario Lemieux XL replica white unsigned - to be sent to Reich PM for signature.

Steve Yzerman XL replica red unsigned - to be signed in June 2014. Private signing in Detroit.

Wayne Gretzky M replica red signed - I know he didn't play, but still cool as hell!

Thanks guys, any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has any others for sale that meet the criteria, let me know and we can talk. Cheers.

• 2 months later...

Looks like the Baron's pics....Legit as they come.

• 4 weeks later...

hi everyone, new on the forums need a bit of advice on a jersey i got off ebay.

I didnt know exactly what jersey i was buying [when from, what significance] but i liked it, anyways got it for a good price, the lad i bought it off said he got it at the console centre from a friend who works there.

someone questioned the autenticity of it so here i am to see if anyone can cast an eye over it for me.

Team USA, Nike . Supposedly a throwback one from the miracle team?

Ive been looking through this post and see the fight strap mentioned loads so have taken pics of that too.

Its been in the wash a couple times and used in a few sessions before i got it and ive worn it once.

Its a solid contruction it seems, sticking is very good and is true to size for a XXL.

Hopefully someone else has the same/similar and can advise, or you all seem clued up so hopefully can categorically state whether or not its a knock off.

[Clickable pics]

TOBVeM.jpg

Zny6FO.jpg

VMsQQ3.jpg

12dcRB.jpg

s8YJhC.jpg

djKs3c.jpg

Thanks, Chris

Edited by jesters8

That USA is a fake. They were never made for retail and you can tell by the lettering and material that it is a knockoff.

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

first of all this forum is awesome and I already got tons of info around the entire Reebok Edge madness. Anyhow I wanted to ask you experts if you can help me with that signed Pens Letang jersey (comes with certification of authencity), that I want to buy. I'm sure that it's not a fake jersey (I already learned some stuff here :thumbsup:), but I'm not 100% sure if it's a Edge 2.0 or "only" a Edge 1.0. What do you think of the customization - numbers & nameplate? As it's not that cheap, I want to be sure that I buy something really solid.

More pics here: http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeigen/s-anzeige/pittsburgh-penguins-authentic-trikot-kris-letang-autogramm-gr-54/250927778-230-16738?ref=search

Furthermore a question to all of you if someone sells authentic Pens Center Ice Jersey from 1991-1996?

Thanks a lot and best wishes from Germany!!!

Wolfgang

Edited by Pens4ever

Welcome aboard :D

Neither 1.0 or 2.0 I'm afraid as it is indeed a fake. The giveaways are, the NHL shield on the neck is awful, the fight strap attachment is not good. Should be a solid twill rectangle. Also the letters and crest are a little puffy.

Edited by NuJerzeyDevil

Thanks!!! That really surprises me, but thanks a lot for the info! I'm glad that I didn't buy it so far. And you're right, the details like the NHL shield are quite aweful.

NVM.

Edited by LAK74

• 2 weeks later...

New to this board and found all the information really helpful on this topic, so thanks very much everyone!

What should I make of this seller? He's selling brand-new jerseys that are replicas but without tags?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Detroit-Red-Wings-Reebok-2014-Winter-Classic-Officially-Licensed-NHL-Jersey-/201196064457?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&var=500392621752&hash=item2ed8384ec9

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ZETTERBERG-Red-Wings-RBK-2014-Winter-Classic-Officially-Licensed-NHL-Jersey-/201212596975?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&var=500405661971&hash=item2ed93492ef

I am considering to buy one of these. His feedback looks good and I asked him questions about the jerseys and they seem real but just worried about the missing tags.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

• 1 month later...

I know this forum has been inactive for a while but I found this jersey while snooping around on ebay and I just wanted your guys opinion on it $_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Welcome to the boards.

That's a legit 90's CCM replica.

Replicas (letter sizing, no fight strap) are rarely, if ever, faked. It's mainly authentic jerseys (fight strap, numeric sizing) that are faked. Also it's good to note that most fakes aren't blank, they normally (but not always) are customized.

The jersey looks OK, but it has some very strange inconsistencies. The jersey has a sticker that indicates it was made in 2001, but it has a screened CCM hem logo that, as far as I know, they stopped using after the late 1990's. Post-2000 CCM replicas should have a CCM logo right underneath the back collar instead. There should also be a large rectangular retail CCM tag in the neck, a CCM logo on the sleeve, and (at least up to around 2004) an NHL puck logo on the back hem, and this jersey has none of them. It's almost as if the factory found some old leftover 1990's base jerseys and didn't complete them until the 2000's.

I looked at the seller's other items, and there are other jerseys that show the same type of inconsistencies. One of the weirdest things he has is a CCM 1989-94 style Blues- it has a big block CCM hem logo with no NHL shield (like what you'd see in a 1989/90), but a post-1991 fight strap, and a CCM neck tag from the late 90's (after that style was discontinued!). Weird...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BNWOT-VERY-RARE-VINTAGE-1996-St-Louis-Blues-CCM-NHL-JERSEY-mens-52-PRO-/301419383902?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item462dfecc5e

Perhaps he has a stock of mutant freak jerseys? I mean this one is selling for 74 bucks.... so I dunno if I should bite