How to spot a fake jersey!

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I just purchased a "pre edge" Reebok Oilers jersey(home) All it had in the neck was the 56 tag, the quality looks ok to me, but my question is:

Were these issued this way? I cant post a pic at the moment for you, but I just wanted to get some feedback.

Sounds like its game issued.

Does it look like this?

IMG_0358.jpg

Exactly, actually. Blank though, but in prestine shape

Yep it's game issued then, so you're good!

• 2 weeks later...

Rage, I think Reebok started doing that last year with the third jerseys and for all teams with new jerseys this year.

The Blue Jackets new 3rds do not have anything.

20103rdAuthenticUmberger18collar.jpg

Took a chance on an eBay auction that was ending soon with not much description and no pics, it's a pretty bad fake imo, but I snapped some pics for reference before sending it back to the seller:

Photo%20Jul%2002%2C%2014%2026%2028.jpeg

Photo%20Jul%2002%2C%2014%2027%2005.jpeg

Photo%20Jul%2002%2C%2014%2026%2043.jpeg

Photo%20Jul%2002%2C%2014%2025%2052.jpeg

Photo%20Jul%2002%2C%2014%2026%2011.jpeg

Most of his other listings were for comic books so I'd like to think he didn't do it on purpose but... who knows

Took a chance on an eBay auction that was ending soon with not much description and no pics

I never buy anything without pictures. If the seller won't provide them, I move on.

It's not a fake. Just a replica with a fight strap. Nothing wrong with that. But it's advertised as an authentic which is not correct.

... and the patch... oh no

If you're buying it off Boston.com then you know its a fake. What a better way to celebrate your team winning the cup then to give a con man some cash.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3ad7ddee2e-81fa-4784-b0aa-89e682af9006&plckShowLatestPost=1

• 2 months later...

This topic looks dead, but I figured I'd give it a try since it doesn't look like there's much on CCM Vintage jerseys here

I just purchased a Hartford Whalers Ron Francis jersey. I wagered that it was 1989-1990 jersey because it didn't have the angular arm stripes, and no Pucky :(

On first glance, looks great. Nice-looking mesh, the Captain's C, and all the logos and numbers seemed to have the right coloring and there was a fight strap. What got me was that I'm still not well-learned in counterfeit-spotting, and looking at some of the fight straps on more recent RBK Edge jerseys, I think I might have been duped into buying a fake. Here are pics to the jersey.

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

I've got more pics, if you guys need more.

• 1 month later...

Man the counterfeiters are dumb...Lol at 85th patch on it.

Fake or Real? I'm leaning towards fake but would just like to make sure. Thanks.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j447/Brian_Phan/Jersey/

Fake jerseys have names on the back 99.99% of the time. You are pretty safe with any nameless jersey.