How to spot a fake jersey!

Koho did not actually make NHL jerseys in the 1990's. The jersey in the auction is a legit authentic, made between 2000-2004.

Yeah, I'm sorry I'm tired. I meant early 2000's. Thanks for the help, price wise is that okay or too much?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an opinion, but that seems quite overpriced. You should be able to find a used blank like that on eBay for $100 or less.

• 2 weeks later...

For jerseys with tie downs on the front of the jersey (NYR have them) - one easy way to spot a Reebok Edge fake is the metal "rings" that the string goes through - on a real Reebok Edge jersey are colored (usually the same color as the jersey, but it depends - for example the NYR home jersey uses white rings, the NYR 3rd jersey uses dark blue rings that match the jersey).

On the fakes, these rings are always a silver metal color, and the string is always super long.

Makes spotting fake jerseys that have the tie down string super easy imho.

For jerseys with tie downs on the front of the jersey (NYR have them) - one easy way to spot a Reebok Edge fake is the metal "rings" that the string goes through - on a real Reebok Edge jersey are colored (usually the same color as the jersey, but it depends - for example the NYR home jersey uses white rings, the NYR 3rd jersey uses dark blue rings that match the jersey).

On the fakes, these rings are always a silver metal color, and the string is always super long.

Makes spotting fake jerseys that have the tie down string super easy imho.

The laces also completely cover the NHL shield, which is a dead giveaway Edited by PensFan77

• 4 weeks later...

Short-time lurker here, and looking to upgrade from my pleb college student life of jersey tees.

Can I get a confirmatory that this CCM isn't a fake?

I know that post-2000 CCM replicas have the CCM logo underneath the back collar and there's the CCM logo on the sleeve, and it's most likely not a fake because it's not customized, but I just wanted to make sure with people that I trust.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

post-23495-0-99042100-1434431115_thumb.j

post-23495-0-92349100-1434431120_thumb.j

That's a legit post-lockout pre-Edge replica. It should have a Reebok vector on it but Reebok was lazy with their replicas pre-Edge and just got worse when the Premiers came out.

Alright fellas...this one has me concerned. It is number sized and the Centre Ice tag looks legit. There is no photo of the strap. I asked the lady selling it and she claims there isn't one. The CCM neck tag looks wrong though...should have Maska at the top if it. So...what am I dealing with here? Any help would be great. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161741285120?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Alright fellas...this one has me concerned. It is number sized and the Centre Ice tag looks legit. There is no photo of the strap. I asked the lady selling it and she claims there isn't one. The CCM neck tag looks wrong though...should have Maska at the top if it. So...what am I dealing with here? Any help would be great. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161741285120?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Legit.

You outbid me so far.

Yup,it's kegit. She didn't know what the fight strap was. Once I sent her a photo, she confirmed it's there.

I havnt bid yet though.

I suspect the "Jersey boys" here are gonna put a good fight for that one. Early 90's christmas tree Devils jersey never pop up.

The CCM neck tag looks wrong though...should have Maska at the top if it. So...what am I dealing with here?

I could be wrong about this, but I think this jersey may have been made well after the Devils retired that style. The last year it was used on-ice was 1991-92, but the CCM neck tag that's on the eBay jersey didn't appear until around 1993-94. Similarly, I've seen one or two early 90's Penguins (Cup-winning style) jerseys with the later tag as well, and I think CCM continued to make some retail authentics in that style, even after the Penguins switched to the RoboPen jerseys. So the Devils' jersey seems legit, but it may not be an original from the time it was used on-ice.

Well I don't know what the (experlative) just happened...she pulled the auction and sold it...FUUUUÙUUUUUUUUUUDGE!

• 2 weeks later...

Need some info about this CCM jersey.. I know it isn't an authentic jersey but, I'm pretty sure it's a replica.. Can you guys confirm this and possibly tell me what year? I was thinking early 90's...

image.jpg2.jpg

image.jpg1.jpg

Need some info about this CCM jersey.. I know it isn't an authentic jersey but, I'm pretty sure it's a replica.. Can you guys confirm this and possibly tell me what year? I was thinking early 90's...

Yes. Replica. Early 1990's.

Yes. Replica. Early 1990's.

Would you say $30 is too much for it.. I've inspected it and it looks like it's never been worn...

Would you say $30 is too much for it.. I've inspected it and it looks like it's never been worn...

Looks brand new from the tagging, I would think that's probably a pretty good deal for a replica that old.

• 2 weeks later...

I also saw this Guy Lafleur jersey. I'm almost positive this one is fake as the numbers and logos seem bubbly, the texture is shiny and the number 10 on the back is not centered on the blue stripe as is the case with all the Habs jersey I've seen. I'm much more certain on this being fake than I am with the Gretzky jersey, but just want to confirm. Thanks in advance:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Guy-Lafleur-Montreal-Canadiens-Red-Jersey-Size-50-/321806043614?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aed2289de