Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CryWolf

How to spot a fake jersey!

507 posts in this topic

Lafleur is fake...Gretzky is a legit replica.

That was kinda my assessment. The Gretzky one looked legit for the most part but I know the Heroes of Hockey line get faked a lot. The Lafleur one definitely looked off. Thanks for your response.

Here is a stupid question. Do/did authentic jerseys ship from CCM/KOHO, Pro Player, Nike, RBK in a plastic bag? I've seen a lot of jerseys on Ebay that say "Sealed in bag" and have a picture of the jersey inside a clear bag. I say no, but I'm just speculating.

I'm not sure if this is truly a "fakes" question, but I've been looking at a 2001-07 Koho Avs alternate jersey online and noticed the numbers are not "glacier" twill (with the herringbone pattern), but rather are just regular, sewn on, "smooth" fabric. It is not a gamer, but are those numbers correct?

Most of those jersey you see are fakes. I have however bought authentic CCM jerseys that were in the original sealed plastic bag...new old stock.

Regardless of being in a bag or not, you can always spot a fake from the neck tags, which are usually viable even in a sealed bag.

Finally, they've faked the 2002-2004 Team Canada Nike...man is it horrible. So horrible...

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.ca/itm/252794196013