Does anybody wear their jerseys?

St. Patrick

I wear my jerseys all the time -- even in the summer because it does occasionally get cold at night :)

Replica, authentic, custom, doesn't matter. During the season, I'll check which teams are playing, and if one of my favorites are on or one of the teams of which I own a jersey is playing a team I dislike more, I'll put on the appropriate jersey for that evening (for example, I own Nashville and St. Louis jerseys but neither team is a favorite -- but if they're playing Colorado or Montreal, I'll throw on one of those two :)) And if none of my favorite teams are playing but I feel like throwing one on, it'll be one of my customs (Transformers, Star Wars, etc.), international, or college.

The only jerseys I will never wear in public anymore my autographed Alex Delvecchio and autographed Martin Lapointe. The Lapointe jersey was the first one I ever had, so it's already worn and stained to hell BEFORE I got it customized then autographed. The Delvecchio -- well, that's particularly special since I actually went personally to have him sign it.

Otherwise, I'm puttin' on the jerseys, spillages be damned (my wife takes pride in getting spills and stains out of my jerseys if it happens).

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely wear my jerseys, I am not opposed to getting a jersey autographed...but only if I am willing to retire it. I had my Singaporean Whalers, 'Pronger' jersey autographed by him, because it was a bit small, and I'd rather find a real jersey.

If I do someday move on to game worns, I would still wear them, depending on player, but good players/valuable jerseys I would probably only wear at home when watching the game, but never to a game.

Jerseys are clothes, people wear clothes, so people should wear jerseys...

I wear all my Avs and Hawks jerseys tons while watching/attending games. I have a 'beater' replica for each team that I'll wear to the bar if there's going to be hot wings or heavy drinking involved, just so my authentics don't end up getting wrecked.

the few jerseys I have of other teams don't get much wear, but during the playoffs I'll bust them out alot more. like the other day since the Yotes/Wings game was on, I tossed on my Dogs jersey just to throw some bad juju at the Dead Wings.

I do. During weekends and sometimes at work... Once I had to film a presentation by our president at work. I forgot about it and in the morning I put my red Habs jersey. Too late to go back home so I was in front of all senior officers wearing my jersey. The Prez look at me and said : "Nice jersey, very coloful" and he started his presentation.He was an Habs fan I presume.

My favorite to wear : As de Québec - Quebec Aces 1952 replica jersey by Ebbets Field Flannels. Very warm. A beauty! Old styles I prefer.

aces1952j.jpg

Edited by quebecaces

I'll wear mine to Cincinnati Cyclones games (always interesting to see what jerseys pop up at ECHL games), or at the house when the Rangers are playing. I wear them around campus once in a while when there's a big game that day.

• 2 weeks later...

I wear a few of mine to games mostly, and if I go out where I know I won't get it dirty or ruined.

I never worn an autograph jersey, haven't decided yet if I would or not, maybe so, I dont see the big deal.

I don't buy jerseys to have them hang in my closet all the time and never be seen. I wouldn't frame a jersey and display it, dont like how it basically hides half the jersey... would use a stand and display it that way.

I wear most of mine, game worns and authentics. There are a couple that I will only wear around the house though. I figure that I will be keeping most of these jerseys and why not wear them. I don't go to a lot of games so I will mostly put them on around the house or out shopping. Got a compliment on my Primeau game issued Flyers jersey once.

• 1 year later...

Good topic!

I just started collecting a few jerseys this year (Habs, my hometown Winnipeg Jets, and other random goalie jerseys).

I wear them to play organized ball hockey - I play goal - and also to games or sometimes around the house when I'm watching a game on TV.

Cheers,

d.

Most times, signatures are done in permanent marker and therefore can withstand the washing process. I threw an autographed jersey in the wash a while back hoping to actually get it out and it didn't even budge.

I totally agree that it is ok to wear signature items, but I think jerseys look better without. I actually perfer that stuff not be signed. I have an white Roenick Hawks ultrafil that had been in my closet since I was a kid, tried to get the sig out with oxyclean, no luck.

To really agitate some folks, I plan on wearing my signed, game worn, Troy Bouwer white Capitals with Locomotiv Commemorative patch to the game next week. I washed this one to get the game stink out, and the sig is still there.

I wear my Hawks and Caps to games or the bar when I know I am gonna watch the game (all are authentics, plus the game worn Caps) I try to be as careful as I can but think just having really great jerseys in the closet is a waste. Most of the fun for me is wearing my Blackhawks and Capitals jerseys to games and the compliments I get and people asking how they get one, like finding a Blackhawks TBTC Ultrafil Barber Pole is easy.

I just picked up a Rangers gamer, and I hate to say it, but I don't think that thing will ever be outside my closet. I'd be too afraid of some jerk spilling a beer on it or something at the game.

My wife always finds this amusing considering the amount of abuse some of the gamers go through before making it out to the public. She always wonders what exactly can I do to the thing that hasn't been done already. I still wear them out and about but I always take them off to eat and if I'm drinking liquid it's usually just water...especially in a white jersey.

Haha yeah. I mean, I was at the game last night, and somebody spilled beer on somebody else near me from a ledge above their seats. You can't prevent something like that from happening, so why risk it with an item like a game worn jersey thats so expensive and irreplaceable? As it is in my regular jerseys I'm hesitant to eat or drink in them cause I don't want to accidentally ruin them. Not a bad thing though, probably keeps my weight down lol

I always take my jerseys off when I eat, when I drink, I drink soda. A couple of times I have missed my mouth, but who hasn't done that? I usually will wipe it off and everything is A-OK! :stickhndl:

I used to wear my jerseys more, but now I tend to just stick to Isles. I will wear jerseys out, only after a) big wins (i.e after beating the rangers) b ) If I don't feel like wearing a sweatshirt c) going to the game

All the time game used or Retail I am even looking at stripping a game used /issued jersey (I know that can not be good ) as I hate the new edge one retail

I wear some of my game worn jerseys to games but only if they are not too messed up with holes and marks. What's funny is that the 3 customized retail edge jerseys I have cost me more then most of the gamers I have, so maybe I should not wear them. lol

Actually CJ brings up a good point. When I eat, say a pretzel, I tend to leave my jersey on. If I eat at the game at my seat, I tend to leave my jersey on, however, if I am eating at Champions or the Club downstairs, I take the jersey off

I wear my 2.0s or retail authentys to games. I stopped wearing replicas.

I wear mine to games and whatever. I dont spill food on myself when I wear normal clothes so I dont worry about it when I wear jerseys. If something gets on it, Im sure it will come right off. Not really worried about it. I havent met a stain on a jersey yet I couldnt get out.

I wear my jerseys when I can, if and when I transition into gamers, they will be framed, so I wouldn't wear those.

Otherwise, I avoid certain foods with some of my jerseys, but I also have a few designated "beater" jerseys. Basically some Premiers that I have of traded players or a blank Nike one I wear when I need a bit more warmth.

I only buy jerseys to wear them (and I only buy authentics). I've never been afraid to wear them whether its been at a bar, a game, or my own house.

I remember sophomore year in high school I wore a hockey jersey nearly every day the first semester. Nowadays I pretty much just wear them to games or to a bar if I'm watching a big game. I'll wear them at home if it's a big game on TV. And since I have a collection (albeit smaller since I whittled it down), my friends usually ask to borrow a jersey when we go to a game. Although, with them I give them the ones I wouldn't mind if something happened to. LOL!

I wear all of my authentics and most of my gamers. Although I wouldn't wear them if I was hitting the town after the game, and I always take them off to eat. I have a couple of practice worn jerseys that I wear for hockey as well.

I wear jerseys around the house all the time. My wife tends to keep it rather colder than I like. I'll wear my authentics to play hockey in also. I wear them when I go to Wings games also. I wear a hockey jersey almost everyday all winter long just to stay warm in the house.