THE LEAFS WILL WIN CUP IN 2012

Thelonious Sphere Monk

Cuz the world is supposed to end in 2012... get it?? world...ending.. 2012...

/crickets

right. so how about them Habs?!?!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Leaf fan myself, and before I got to read the thread I already knew the punchline.....

.....sad yes.....

However I like to think of it this way....there are 28 other teams that will accomplish the same feat as the Leafs, most of those 28 teams will have had to work harder and play more games to acheive that.....

I'm a Leaf fan myself, and before I got to read the thread I already knew the punchline.....

.....sad yes.....

However I like to think of it this way....there are 28 other teams that will accomplish the same feat as the Leafs, most of those 28 teams will have had to work harder and play more games to acheive that.....

with much less ticket sales too no doubt.

with much less ticket sales too no doubt.

...and the Leafs are still the highest revenue generating team in the league....

...and the Leafs are still the highest revenue generating team in the league....

BOYCOTT!!!!!!!!

sigh

Right now I'm praying they make the playoffs by 2012. What a sad state for such a storied franchise.

Yes I'm hoping they make the playoffs too, though too add another player to the list of those who flourished after leaving the blue & white....Lee Stempniak.....12 goals in 12 games for the Coyotes.

Where the hell was that production in the last two seasons where he totaled 25 goals (i think) in two seasons!

The Leafs are becoming the Montreal Expos of the NHL, aka a glorified farm team. The ownership needs to listen to the fans and open up their wallets to bring in some guys who want to stay around to build a good run. It killed me when the Sharks traded Nolan to the Leafs, but we got a good deal with Dimotrakos and McCauley. Id give anything to have as rich a cup history as you Toronto fans. Sharks fans are going to have to start using those Pacific Division Champ banners to dry our tears when we continue to lose in the first round.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The Leafs: New Captain + New Jersey Style = CUP?!??!

HA!

FAT CHANCE!

• 1 month later...

Well I think a more manageable goal for Toronto would be to first make the playoffs. You can't win the Cup without making the playoffs, right?

• 4 weeks later...

And the leafs are off to a great start again this year with a 5 to Nothing loss to Ottawa in the preseason match up!

Yes its just the preseason but its more of the same.

• 2 weeks later...

I expect Montreal to be down this year in the NE division. If Boston lacks offense again this year, then outside of Ottawa and Buffalo I don't see why Toronto won't be half decent. It's the NHL, so anything can happen.

Here's my question, is preseason really a good indication of how good a team should start the season?

Here's my question, is preseason really a good indication of how good a team should start the season?

Well Atlanta lost all 6 of their pre-season games, so I guess the the answer would be yes :)

Well Atlanta lost all 6 of their pre-season games, so I guess the the answer would be yes :)

And Calgary went undefeated as well as the Capitals (I think). I don't follow hockey preseason as closely as other sports' preseason because the games aren't usually aired on television. So I really don't know who starts and if the star players play every game. That's why I am curious.

I'm surprised Atlanta went winless, especially since they received a few of Chicago's players from their Cup team last season.

• 2 weeks later...

So how about them Leafs huh?!?!

Did hell just open a ice rink or what?

They're off to a hot start, but lost tonight for the first time. No one in their division appears to be dominant right now. But hey it's not even the first 10 games of the season...

• 4 weeks later...

Better than my Isles, 0-8-1 in their last 9 (and we get to play LA tomorrow in LA...just great )

Well, we're playing Vancouver tomorrow.

And I'm not harping on Kadri helping us, I have a feeling we're going to be on this losing streak for a while.

Well, we're playing Vancouver tomorrow.

And I'm not harping on Kadri helping us, I have a feeling we're going to be on this losing streak for a while.

At least you have an NHL ready defense. I think DiPietro gets the start tonight, so the Isles winless streak will reach 10. I just hope it isn't a blowout. I can't believe we are arguing over whose team is worse. :thumbsup: (Can't wait for all of the Rangers/Flyers fans to enter)

At least you have an NHL ready defense. I think DiPietro gets the start tonight, so the Isles winless streak will reach 10. I just hope it isn't a blowout. I can't believe we are arguing over whose team is worse. :thumbsup: (Can't wait for all of the Rangers/Flyers fans to enter)

Haha very true, I thought the flyers can's would be here by now.

And 10 games later... they're 1/10 in the last 10..... OH GAWD :(

I already dropped jiggy out of my pool last week! :angry:

bunch of bumbs