Help me pick a player...

Timmy Hate

Hey everyone

I'm picking up my first authentic this sat at the Job (Coyotes vs Oilers). Trying to decide if I wanna get a #19 Doan © or a #22 Stempniak.

On the one hand Doan-er is the 'face' of the team, and is the first name that comes to mind when I think of the Coyotes

The flip side of it is that the Desert Ninja is having a hell of a year and no matter what the Jersey will be a reminder of that year.

Hoping they have them on sale at the Job - if not will pick it up on IJ.

The flip side of it is that the Desert Ninja is having a hell of a year and no matter what the Jersey will be a reminder of that year.

I completely agree with your thinking regarding a jersey being a snapshot of a particular time in the teams history. Saying that I think I'd still go for the Captain, even though he's not in top form at the moment and Stemp is firing away, this was Doaner's 1000th game season.

Hoping they have them on sale at the Job - if not will pick it up on IJ.

I'd work out what it'd cost you online before you go, it'd take longer but as someone was saying yesterday the team stores seem to have jerseys marked up over online retailers.

I completely agree with your thinking regarding a jersey being a snapshot of a particular time in the teams history. Saying that I think I'd still go for the Captain, even though he's not in top form at the moment and Stemp is firing away, this was Doaner's 1000th game season.

I'd work out what it'd cost you online before you go, it'd take longer but as someone was saying yesterday the team stores seem to have jerseys marked up over online retailers.

For sure. I'm thinking I will get the Doaner. As you said, 1000th game, team captain and lets be honest - its Shane Freaking Doan lol.

I've costed it out on IJ - but its Fan Appreciation night at the Job at this game - heard somewhere they do 40% off sales during these nights.

If ya'll are there or watching on TV look out for 'New Zealands #1 Coyotes Fan' sign.

Doan by a mile. He'll mean more to this franchise in the long run by far.

As a disgruntled Leaf fan adding another name to the list of players leaving Toronto and flourishing (where the hell was this production while he was a Leaf!!) I'd say get Doan, you'll regret Stempy when he returns to being the player he really is.

Doan

Rule of Thumb when it comes to customization:

Never ever customize a jersey with rental players' name, unless he is your idol or favourite player.

I have seen numerous authentic jerseys that was customized with rental players and the value drops dramatically, not even close to a blank replica price.

Doan all the way in this case; franchise player, and captain

No to Stempliak; rental player; no guarantee he will be with the Coyotes next season; ex-Leaf who blossom in cities other than TO.

Neither...

KEITH.....

YANDLE

Rule of Thumb when it comes to customization:

Never ever customize a jersey with rental players' name, unless he is your idol or favourite player.

I have seen numerous authentic jerseys that was customized with rental players and the value drops dramatically, not even close to a blank replica price.

Doan all the way in this case; franchise player, and captain

No to Stempliak; rental player; no guarantee he will be with the Coyotes next season; ex-Leaf who blossom in cities other than TO.

Great point on the rental idea. Me and my buddies play Sharks slugbug before the game, looking at all the random names at the tank. To think, someone actually spent money customizing a Link Gaetz jersey! Back to the point, Doan is an awesome player and is respected throughout the NHL. Well worth the price.

DOAN. It's Doan.