Playoffs?!?

I have to admit, work, life, etc. has gotten in the way of really enjoying hockey like I have in years past. That will all hopefully change tomorrow night as I start to settle in to watch some hockey. Who you got in the East/West? Upsets, Cup Champs, Sharks flame outs?

I'm thinking Coyotes upset in 7 and no first round flame out from the Sharks this year. Aside from that, I really don't know who will win the cup but I'm thinking its a team from the West. Maybe Chicago even though they went on that cold streak they're still an absolutely wicked team. I think it was Pierre LeBrun who said Chicago needs to win it this year because their team will never be this talented again because of their cap situation.

I'm thinking Coyotes upset in 7 and no first round flame out from the Sharks this year. Aside from that, I really don't know who will win the cup but I'm thinking its a team from the West. Maybe Chicago even though they went on that cold streak they're still an absolutely wicked team. I think it was Pierre LeBrun who said Chicago needs to win it this year because their team will never be this talented again because of their cap situation.

Those are good thoughts. I think Detroit has the experience to upset the Dogs this year. I think the most intriguing matchup of the first round in the West is Vancouver/LA. That one could go either way.

In the East, I think all top 4 seeds advance. As much as I dread Boston playing my Sabs, I think Miller will be enough to get through.

Right now I am thinking the EC winner will either be Caps or the Pens (each teams have their problems but I think they are the best of the EC) and in the West either the Hawks or the winner of the 3/6 series. I just can't pick the Sharks due to their flameouts of years past.

I'm not putting too much into the Sharks, which means they'll probably up and surprise me and make the Stanley Cup Finals.

I'm hoping the Coyotes oust the Wings, its time for them to have a nice playoff run. I'm not putting too much in the Avs and don't expect much out of the Kings yet.

Personally, I think the Capitals and Blackhawks will meet in the Finals this year.

I'm not putting too much into the Sharks, which means they'll probably up and surprise me and make the Stanley Cup Finals.

I'm hoping the Coyotes oust the Wings, its time for them to have a nice playoff run. I'm not putting too much in the Avs and don't expect much out of the Kings yet.

Personally, I think the Capitals and Blackhawks will meet in the Finals this year.

The way the games went down last night, the Yotes and Avs just might get it done. The Sharks are so predictable!

The way the games went down last night, the Yotes and Avs just might get it done. The Sharks are so predictable!

Aren't they though? They are becoming the San Diego Chargers of the NHL.

Sounds like the Coyotes-Wings game was pretty kicking. My wife watched it in our bedroom and I was in the kitchen doing some homework and I could clearly hear how loud it was in Jobing.com Arena. That place looked neat in the white out.

I see the Sharks coming back tomorrow night and scoring 4 and keeping the Avs to 2. Honestly, they had chances last night and just couldn't finish. I see it being differently tomorrow. That second goal was a lame goal. Them "Yotes though. Well done.

Edit:

PS I hope I'm right about the score tomorrow... haha

I see the Sharks coming back tomorrow night and scoring 4 and keeping the Avs to 2. Honestly, they had chances last night and just couldn't finish. I see it being differently tomorrow. That second goal was a lame goal. Them "Yotes though. Well done.

Edit:

PS I hope I'm right about the score tomorrow... haha

I didn't watch any of the Sharks-Avs game, so I can't really give an assessment on the game other than what I've read on their boards. I'm gonna watch the next one to see what I think of it. I hope you're right and they do win tomorrow night, the continued flame outs in the playoffs of a team that's as good as they are in the regular season is crazy. However, it'd be impressive to see such a young Avs team upset the Sharks.

I was very impressed with the Habs last night. I think Halak could be a pain-in-the-you-know-what for the Caps this series, if game 1 is any indication.

Boy was I wrong about the score. Perhaps that's why I'm not an odds/bet maker. I'm glad they won though. That Heatley miss in the beginning of the game :S