One of the worst I have seen

lafountain

Was reading through some articles and one of them pointed to this auction on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Madison-Monsters-United...1QQcmdZViewItem

That is one horribly ugly jersey. If it didn't have the vertical stripes, it might not be so bad.

But the article did also point to this auction with a very unique way of using the number 4.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Darren-Tiemstra-4-Cotto...1QQcmdZViewItem

Was reading through some articles and one of them pointed to this auction on ebay.

That is one horribly ugly jersey. If it didn't have the vertical stripes, it might not be so bad.

But the article did also point to this auction with a very unique way of using the number 4.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Darren-Tiemstra-4-Cotto...1QQcmdZViewItem

On the Madison Monsters jersey, "MAD CITY" can be seen in the crest if you look hard enough. You could say that the Madison Monsters jersey encapsulated almost everything wrong with the 90s jersey design revolution. I actually liked it, because it is so hideous. :)

My eyes! My eyes! :wacko:

I think even without the stripes, it's got those hideous early 80's colors you just can't justify.

Here's my worst collection;

cow.png

From the El Paso "Cow Patties" promotion. The El Paso Buzzards changed their name to the Cow Patties for publicity. These jerseys were worn for a couple games, then auctioned off.

Uecker.gifadmirals0218.gif

These are the Milwaukee Admirals from "Bob Uecker Night", a tribute to his plaid jackets.

Picture1.png17_Checkers_f.jpg

The Charlotte Checkers have had some of the worst ever. Just search webshots for more examples from them. Yuk.

hockeytux.jpg

I'm not sure who wore these bad boys, but aren't they snazzy...

And now, the worst, most horrible jersey ever.

cowboy6lr.png

This is the Quad City Mallards. You can just see the pain on their faces as their dignity is crushed in public.

JeffB

My eyes! My eyes! :wacko:

I think even without the stripes, it's got those hideous early 80's colors you just can't justify.

Here's my worst collection;

From the El Paso "Cow Patties" promotion. The El Paso Buzzards changed their name to the Cow Patties for publicity. These jerseys were worn for a couple games, then auctioned off.

These are the Milwaukee Admirals from "Bob Uecker Night", a tribute to his plaid jackets.

The Charlotte Checkers have had some of the worst ever. Just search webshots for more examples from them. Yuk.

I'm not sure who wore these bad boys, but aren't they snazzy...

And now, the worst, most horrible jersey ever.

This is the Quad City Mallards. You can just see the pain on their faces as their dignity is crushed in public.

JeffB

Oh my god, those are absolutely horrible as well. I remember the Admirals one as we talked about it for a bit when this board was created, but the rest of those are quite horrendous.

The tuxedo jersey is the Alaska Aces, they wore it for a New Years game.

WOW! Those Aces jerseys are so bad I might want one! That looks like Scott Gomez wearing it in that picture too. As far as that sheriff jersey goes, is there supposed to be a big J in the middle like that or is that a picture error?

The Cow Patties thing looks like a Chick-Fil-A ad, to me. STIMPY!

I did a search for 'hockey jersey', narrowing down to minor leagues on eBay and came across some real winners. That Wyatt Earp thing the Mallards wore may be the all time worst. Makes you wonder if they plan on making the opponents laugh too hard to deflate their concentration. Others you'll occasionally see are hockey jerseys in the design of the local hoop team (Roadrunners wearing Suns-style, Checkers wearing Bobcats-style), Thanksgiving jerseys, St. Patrick's Day jerseys (Chicago Wolves do a different one each year, I think), Valentine's Day jerseys with hearts, sometimes pink. The minor league teams do this kind of stuff a lot, many times with jerseys that no self-respecting player would ever don. In the minors, though, you don't let an embarrassing jersey keep you in the way of persuing your dream.

Taken as a whole, those Valentine's Day jerseys are the worst. I'd fake an injury just to miss the game if I was supposed to wear one of those abominations to the male ego!

Taken as a whole, those Valentine's Day jerseys are the worst. I'd fake an injury just to miss the game if I was supposed to wear one of those abominations to the male ego!

The Indianapolis Ice did that for a Valentine's Day game in 1996, they made Sportscenter from it. :) Their GM was always coming up with crazy ideas for promotions, sometimes having acts like Vanilla Ice, the Village People, and KC and the Sunshine Band perform after games. It could be quite entertaining at times. I believe he still works for the Colts. Once they made the CHL, their new GM had Manute Bol suit up as a hockey player once. They did something really cool once. They had a game where a wheelchair bound kid, with a dream of playing pro hockey tend goal for them for like one shot and one play, his name was Steven Kirkpatrick and I guess he was really good friends with Gordie Howe. It was awesome to see him get a chance like that, plus support from Gordie Howe (who was there). IIRC, I think he passed away like a year later.

I miss minor league hockey, the games were always fun, exciting, and interesting.

I miss minor league hockey, the games were always fun, exciting, and interesting.

We do have that here in Phoenix, and I don't mean the Coyotes. :lol: I have not been to a RoadRunners game since they started up in the ECHL. With all the light rail construction making a total mess out of downtown, I probably won't be at one any time soon. I'm probably missing some entertaining stuff over at US Airways Center.

The ECHL has some exciting hockey. I became a big Trenton Titans fan during the lockout year in 2005. $10 tickets were a big bonus too. The Titans ended up going all the way to the Finals and eventually winning the Kelly Cup. My friend and I went to all but two playoff games in Trenton...the way it ended up, all but one of the games went into overtime. It was some real exciting hockey and a great atmosphere for a minor league team.

We do have that here in Phoenix, and I don't mean the Coyotes. :lol: I have not been to a RoadRunners game since they started up in the ECHL. With all the light rail construction making a total mess out of downtown, I probably won't be at one any time soon. I'm probably missing some entertaining stuff over at US Airways Center.

:D I have not been sure about going all the way down to the US Airways Center for the Roadrunners, since Glendale Arena is so close to me. I've wanted to see the Roadrunners, just not sure if I want to go all the way downtown. I was thrilled to hear the Phoenix Roadrunners name start up again. I'll take in the occasional Diamondbacks game, but have a big tendency to get myself lost in that part of the city (I'm dreading trying to get down to the ChampCar race there next year). I am wanting to hit a Roadrunners game up while I'm down here though. I like how they play at home on Friday nights...haven't understood why the Coyotes don't yet...

I became a Mississippi Sea Wolves fan when I was in Biloxi, they had some exciting games and was a good brand of hockey to watch. It was weird to think about, that a year after I'd watched them, the hurricane hit and tore up their arena, which was right across the road from the Gulf of Mexico. I was excited to hear that they are going to be starting up play again next year. :)

Hold on guys, check out these two blog entries on this topic I came across while looking for photos of the unused St. Louis Blues alternate.

http://beanballinc.blogspot.com/2006/09/wo...his-jersey.html

http://beanballinc.blogspot.com/2006/10/th...etting-any.html

Hold on guys, check out these two blog entries on this topic I came across while looking for photos of the unused St. Louis Blues alternate.

http://beanballinc.blogspot.com/2006/09/wo...his-jersey.html

http://beanballinc.blogspot.com/2006/10/th...etting-any.html

I saw that website too, that is where I found out that the tuxedo jersey was the Aces. There are some horrendous ones in looking at those.

• 2 months later...

Yeah that's definitely him. He was on the Milwaukee Admirals since they're the farm team of the Predators. Oh if the boys on the Flyers could only see that picture...

• 4 weeks later...