Gold/Yellow German WC jersey

Is there anywhere to find the jersey they wore today?

Whoa, that is awesome. I love the German jerseys ever since they put the eagle on the front. It's a little bit of a throwback to the pre-Hitler regime and the gold base makes it pop even more.

One question though...is that Ed Belfour in net for the Germans?? Look at that mask! :D

Is there anywhere to find the jersey they wore today?

I have a feeling that these jerseys may be a "one time" thing.... from the look of the pics they have a special tag commerating the date and attendance of the game on the lower front of the jersey (knowing it would be an all-time record for an indoor areana.) Chances are there will be an auction in the future but look for Big $$$ amounts...

http://www.iihf.com/channels10/iihf-world-championship-wc10/pictures/page/0.html

I have a feeling that these jerseys may be a "one time" thing.... from the look of the pics they have a special tag commerating the date and attendance of the game on the lower front of the jersey (knowing it would be an all-time record for an indoor areana.) Chances are there will be an auction in the future but look for Big $$$ amounts...

http://www.iihf.com/channels10/iihf-world-championship-wc10/pictures/page/0.html

youre probably right... frickin nike man. they never let the fans get the nice stuff!! I bet they could have sold atleast 15,000 of those jerseys yesterday!!

youre probably right... frickin nike man. they never let the fans get the nice stuff!! I bet they could have sold atleast 15,000 of those jerseys yesterday!!

The Colors remind me of the old Vancouver Canucks Glen Hanlon era jerseys...Looks great on a national team jersey with a NICE logo and not a GIGANTIC "V".

Remember the great throwbacks all the teams wore in the 2008 World Championships? Aside from the US and Canada, none of those were sold at retail, including the amazing Russian/Soviet ones worn by Ovechkin. Nike just doesn't seem to understand the passion of hockey fans or can't be bothered with making a few bucks.

Those are some seriously HOT jerseys!

JustAnotherVictim, I know you are from Germany, but are you anywhere near the world championship? If so have you been able to get to any games?

The Veltins Arena is only 20-30 Minutes away from my place but I didn't get any tickets for the only game last Friday. If I had know before that the yellow jersey was sold during the game I would have gone there to get at least 5 of 'em. Cologne is like an hour away by car and Mannheim is down south, maybe 2,5 to 3 hours from here but I'm not planning to go to any games

• 2 weeks later...

They wore them today again against the Swiss...man I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only did they wear them again, but they are 2-0 in them too.

it would be great to see them pull out the game against the russians...and play for gold.. wearing gold..

no doubt nike HAS to release those jerseys.. simply amazing jerseys.. if they are auctioned off I bet each one gets over 1000 usd... I hope atleast nike replicas are made, and not knockoffs...

I hope so too! I'm really pulling for them against Russia. Just slow the game down guys WE BELIEVE

Screw them, I hope the Russians pound them in every sense imaginable. That team would have been relegated to Division 1 on merit for this year if they weren't hosting.

Nothing against the German fans here but the German Hockey Federation is a pathetic joke, particularly since Hans Zach left. They don't deserved to be rewarded for this.

Why am I just finding out the IHWC games have been broadcast on Universal Sports NBC network? I had no idea nor did I see that it was advertised anywhere... Did anybody know? Those gold jerseys look even better in ACTION!!! At least I'll see the medal round games..

Why am I just finding out the IHWC games have been broadcast on Universal Sports NBC network? I had no idea nor did I see that it was advertised anywhere... Did anybody know? Those gold jerseys look even better in ACTION!!! At least I'll see the medal round games..

Yeah and if you have FiOS you get screwed because they don't have it.

Re: Deport Mike Green, I agree, but as we have seen ANYTHING can happen.

it would be great to see them pull out the game against the russians...and play for gold.. wearing gold..

no doubt nike HAS to release those jerseys.. simply amazing jerseys.. if they are auctioned off I bet each one gets over 1000 usd... I hope atleast nike replicas are made, and not knockoffs...

Yes, Nike replicas would make me estatic. I saw some cheap replicas the other day. But not very good quality.

Screw them, I hope the Russians pound them in every sense imaginable. That team would have been relegated to Division 1 on merit for this year if they weren't hosting.

Nothing against the German fans here but the German Hockey Federation is a pathetic joke, particularly since Hans Zach left. They don't deserved to be rewarded for this.

One more thing I forgot to say in response to this, they were chosen to host the event in 2005. They've been in the top division since 2001 except for one cluster ###### year in 2005. I mean yeah they got in on a technicality, but I mean it was a logical choice to have them host and they've responded quite well.

One more thing I forgot to say in response to this, they were chosen to host the event in 2005. They've been in the top division since 2001 except for one cluster ###### year in 2005. I mean yeah they got in on a technicality, but I mean it was a logical choice to have them host and they've responded quite well.

They also got relegated in 2005, and should have been relegated in 2008 for cheating and 2009 on merit. The teams since Uwe Krupp took over have ranged from mediocre to downright awful, especially the 2 years before this tournament where they were literally trying to be the worst team at major tournaments.

Their fans have responded well to this tournament but I have no respect for their federation since it is one of the dirtiest and worst in the IIHF.

They also got relegated in 2005, and should have been relegated in 2008 for cheating and 2009 on merit. The teams since Uwe Krupp took over have ranged from mediocre to downright awful, especially the 2 years before this tournament where they were literally trying to be the worst team at major tournaments.

Their fans have responded well to this tournament but I have no respect for their federation since it is one of the dirtiest and worst in the IIHF.

Fair enough. Still think the team is playing out of their mind, and the combination of good draws, and poor play by other nations has gotten them this far. No need to blame the players or the IIHF system as you say its the federation. As for the whole hosting debate, I feel the way they have set up this tournament (with the WR game and all) that the choice of having Germany host it now shouldn't have been debated.

• 2 weeks later...