2011 Winter Classic Double Dip

I actually don't mind it that much. The Habs jerseys haven't changed too much in about the last 50 years so it's got its' own classic-ness. A throwback would have been pretty cool but I'm alright with what they have going on. The patch really makes it look sharp too. I'm a big fan of that maple leaf background.

I agree that the patch is beautiful! I guess I had a bit too much anticipation because of all the jerseys they used in the last two years. The patch alone is making me consider buying a white Habs RBK Edge. Can anyone confirm that I am not making a mistake and the jersey will really be a Edge cut..

Thanks!

From what I saw in the press conference and the pictures from Calgary, they will both be EDGE cut jerseys. I think you'll be in good shape if you grab an EDGE for the patch. I kinda want to now too actually. I just hope National Emblem will retail those patches the way they do the Winter Classic ones.

By the way, did you get that Habs jersey yet?

From what I saw in the press conference and the pictures from Calgary, they will both be EDGE cut jerseys. I think you'll be in good shape if you grab an EDGE for the patch. I kinda want to now too actually. I just hope National Emblem will retail those patches the way they do the Winter Classic ones.

Hopefully, but I don't see why not...

Not yet, but it always takes time at the border so it should be in a few days.

Thanks for checking!

I was going to suggest we start a Winter/Heritage Classic thread elsewhere to continue this discussion, then I realized I already started one a while ago ...

Since this discussion was taking on a life of it's own, I took your suggestion and moved the HC conversation over to this thread.

Perhaps the HC could be every other year if it's only going to involve a rotation among six teams.

I wonder if the CBC or TSN would ever be open to a Montreal v. Boston traditional rivalry matchup that involved a US based team. They strike me as more open to hockey for hockey's sake rather than the provincial US networks who are only interested in Sidney Crosby and ratings for ratings sake.

The HC is a good idea in my opinion. Since Canada was the innovator for the NHL, they should have their own outdoor game. Whenever it gets to Montreal/Toronto, I think the ratings will get pretty high. Or even for other rivalries - Calgary/Edmonton, Toronto/Ottawa, Montreal/Ottawa, etc. For the HC, I just hope the NHL will be able to find additional outdoor venues.

• 4 weeks later...

There you go, they are now on sale! Let's patch those white Habs Jerseys!

http://www.nationalemblemcollectibles.com/specialevent1.php