'bubbly' crests, can you fix them?

HawksFan719

I've noticed on most older ultrafil Hawks jerseys the crest has become bubbly and wrinkled. today I washed one of these jerseys with the crest in good shape (in cold water, no dryer) and it still came out looking like this. I've seen it on other teams jerseys but it seems to be worse on Hawks jerseys, and it's getting harder to find ones that aren't like that.

so- is there any way to wash ultrafil without this happening? and is there any way to fix it, iron maybe?

Turn it inside out and iron the fabric under the crest. That usually helps. Just be aware that the Blackhawks crest has the smallest area of heat-seal behind it due to the amount of chain-stitching and embroidery there is so the crest might not adhere back to the fabric as much as you'd like.

just put a t-shirt in between right? I'll give it a shot. so is this always going to happen when I wash ultrafil jerseys?

Honestly, I'd say it'll probably happen anytime you wash a Hawks jersey period because of the crest. I've had the exact same thing happen while washing mine. It's just a result of the heavily stitched logos I guess.