Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oates

Mitchell And Ness

21 posts in this topic

The company that lit the fuse for throwback pandemonium.

Their MLB wool jackets are awesome.

Have a Dornhoefer home '74 myself. Anyone else have their jerseys?

They are close by and usually have more in store than on site.

NOT A FAN OF THE MITCHELL AND NESS GEAR FOR THE NHL..THEY MAKE GREAT football jerseys but as far as hockey i am not a bog fan because they do not make gamer or pro authentics

NOT A FAN OF THE MITCHELL AND NESS GEAR FOR THE NHL..THEY MAKE GREAT football jerseys but as far as hockey i am not a bog fan because they do not make gamer or pro authentics

someone's caps lock is stuck..

A good portion of my collection is devoted to Mitchell and Ness jerseys, though right now I only have M&N NHL jerseys. They are decent quality and I don't really have a problem with them. You can pick them up on ebay much cheaper than the Mitchell and Ness retail website. I've got upwards of 10 M&N NHL jerseys in my collection.

I've got a Gretzky Oilers M&N. It's a very sharp jersey and came off a heck of a lot cheaper than if I were to locate a authentic Oilers jersey of that era. Works for me.

I really like their turn-of-the-century baseball stuff because it's made out of that awesome wool material. Other than though, I'm not too big a fan.

This post is NOT directed specifically at you Sungod...Just a random thought...

Sometimes I cant figure out how some members from the fourm can be so picky about a jersey, (example being nameplate material or if the font is wrong on one letter of the nameplate) but dont have a problem with a big "MITCHELL and NESS" advertisment on the back hem of another.

I understand that when the retailer states the customization is exactly like the "on ice" jerseys they are opening themselves up to all sorts of problems and criticism.

I don't have a problem with M&N jerseys myself, my feeling is if the jersey in your collection has to be 100% correct, buy gamers only. Hey some jerseys just are not available.

I like my Andy Bathgate M&N. I like the old school fight strap. Perfect stitching all over.

M&N makes good stuff for someone who just wants to wear it occasionally to the big game, and leave it on the coat hanger in between games. Your better off getting a Modern Reebok, it's almost the same price at $300, and it can be used as legit sweater for the game.

someone's caps lock is stuck..

So many jokes I could make.

M&N makes good stuff for someone who just wants to wear it occasionally to the big game, and leave it on the coat hanger in between games. Your better off getting a Modern Reebok, it's almost the same price at $300, and it can be used as legit sweater for the game.

The newer M&N jerseys are NOT as good as the older ones. Some of the older ones - Penguins Bathgate, the all-star ones, Bruins - were actually made of durene which is pretty close to what the players wore on the ice back in the day. But to be truthful, the newer ones with the square M&N logo tag in the lower right back hem, have seen a steep decline in quality. Personally, I'd stay away from those. I only collected the older styles, which you can usually find on ebay at a decent price.

I don't love the "Mitchell and Ness" on the hem, but if they didn't make a Dave Taylor jersey, I wouldn't have one, at least not in the Purple and Gold. I wouldn't pay full price, though, not in a million years.

I don't love the "Mitchell and Ness" on the hem, but if they didn't make a Dave Taylor jersey, I wouldn't have one, at least not in the Purple and Gold. I wouldn't pay full price, though, not in a million years.

You are talking about the mesh 80s style, right? It's possible to find that in retail authentic style. I've seen them on ebay before, and even members on here own it. So it's not impossible to find it.

So my Washington Capitals jersey gets removed from eBay by the Adidas group counsel. A message from eBay stated i could contact them to work it out, they have no factual proof the jersey is counterfeit as they claim..because it is not!! The jersey in question is an authentic Reebok edge Ovechkin Capitals jersey i got in a trade from another member. My question is, how do i handle this? I responded to them once they responded back, and this was what they just emailed me....

Mr. Lloyd:

There's a reason why they're nicknamed Mitchell & 'Dress' - stupidly long on the body. I'm not a big fan myself, but there's not much other options for old style jerseys. I like the aesthetics of the CCM vintage series jerseys, but the modern material spoils it.

I've had a lot of luck with finding durene junior/amateur jerseys with the same layout as NHL teams; bit of stripping, new patch, et voila.

I've gotten 3 nhl M&N jerseys. First one was a Bobby Clarke that I got for $100 during their 2011 Black Friday sale. Next up was a 1997 Hextall Stanley Cup jersey. This summer got a great one though: Kings Gretzky with the Stanley Cup patch and the captains C. Great weight great feel, I love it. I emailed them asking for an 80s era Mark Howe and they said they'd forward the info along to their NHL department, but I think M&N is trying to get out of the jersey business and more into just doing apparel.

I'm pretty annoyed they don't have any Caps jerseys up on their site.

I always thought it would be cool if they started expanding into AHL teams...Lots of possibilities there.

Slim is being ominously quiet on this one. From a previous topic.

People may not consider them authentic. They are more of reproductions. Their NHL jerseys have "Mitchell and Ness" script or tags on the back hem. That kind of takes away from the jersey, IMO. From a collection standpoint, some of them are the only way to get a jersey of that style without buying a true "replica," or going the game worn route. i.e. '78-'79 Penguins dark road jersey But then I believe it comes down to the collector and their preferences.

What size would I need to get if I wear a XXL in the premier Reebok jerseys?

What size would I need to get if I wear a XXL in the premier Reebok jerseys?

Unfortunately M&N sizes vary from jersey to jersey. Strange, right? Depends on where the jesey was made. In general, a 52 should fit you fine I would think.